• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Mephala

Urge to skip caravan and jump online is strong.

Quick question. Are the monster you can exchange parts for through wycoon in the game? I've yet to fight a naruga which feels odd as I'm mid HR in caravan.

Brussels

Urge to skip caravan and jump online is strong.

Quick question. Are the monster you can exchange parts for through wycoon in the game? I've yet to fight a naruga which feels odd as I'm mid HR in caravan.

No, the monsters you trade for their parts at Wycoon are not in the game.

Dreavus

I am totally into Meownster Hunters at the moment. After finding a couple Nargacuga scraps I am now dedicated to having those cats hunt down every Zinogre that shows up and making that full set.

Have a couple questions though... What's the quickest way to replenish the Meownster hunter rations? It seems to be one per quest that I do. Does ending via subquest or a harvest tour count?

Can the Palicos get to their own G rank hunts, or is "high rank" the highest for them? I'm only HR7 at the moment.

It's me or there's not much hype in GAF for MHX? Maybe I'm missing the thread where the action is...

I've been following a bit of it on GaijinHunter, but I'm not in a position to be importing AND there's been no announcement for the west so... it's hard to get super excited.

Mupod

It's me or there's not much hype in GAF for MHX? Maybe I'm missing the thread where the action is...

I'm just assuming we'll never get it. If I'm wrong - awesome!

On a more basic level I honestly didn't put as much time into 4U as I expected. Still upwards of 200 hours, but a lot of that was mindless charm hunting. If I was really in an MH mood I've got plenty of 4U to play. Likewise X has a little more Frontier inspiration than I am happy with but I am of course totally willing to give the game a shot. I'll buy anything they release here.

ohlawd

can't get too hyped for MHX

no English announcement

my main weapons are getting the shaft with boring as hell theatrics. Lance, HH and hammer look lame. GS looks pretty good.

upandaway

no English announcement

my main weapons are getting the shaft with boring as hell theatrics. Lance, HH and hammer look lame. GS looks pretty good.
GS always looks pretty good. GS is constantly getting the good stuff while lance gets shafted :(

Ulthwe

My hype level went from "interested" to "GIMMEEEEE" the moment I saw that LBG jumping attack over a Rathian. I'd obviously instabuy if it gets released here, as I'm interested in trying the weapons I've barely touched in MH4U (SnS, Lances, HH, DS, LBG and HBG...), as some of the new moves give them great mobility options, specially Aerial style.

Doombear

no English announcement

I thought so too in regards to hammer until I saw the Hammer w/ Bushido Style video, that looks fun as hell.

G1/G2 quests, some farming, some rank raising hopefully:

Zetani is the best. Thanks! Upgraded my armor and now all I need is the Vangis X helm, but I have a good bit of G2 and some G3 quests to get that. I also almost have the final version of the ice LS.

ohlawd

lol this set is overkill

Sharpness +1
Razor Sharp
Critical Eye +1
High Grade Earplugs
Evasion +3

I thought so too in regards to hammer until I saw the Hammer w/ Bushido Style video, that looks fun as hell.

the evade stuff is cool but I pull that shit all the time

ohlawd

What set is that? I'm working on a mixed set with Garuga X that gets all of that with only Evade+1.

Selene Helm X
Garuga Mail X
Seltas Vambraces X
Garuga Tassets X
Rath Soul Greaves Z
Handicraft +4, Evasion +9

no empty slots after gemming everything, the talisman needs at least one slot or you'll have to equip a weapon with a slot. or in other words, have the charm add up to Evade +10 in the end since +9 is the max for graven charms

So um, people still play this game right? I feel like jumping back in at some point to get ready for when MHX (hopefully) gets released in the states, and do all those fun DLC quests. :)

It's just that this thread doesn't seem as active as it used to be...

Renewed

So um, people still play this game right? I feel like jumping back in at some point to get ready for when MHX (hopefully) gets released in the states, and do all those fun DLC quests. :)

It's just that this thread doesn't seem as active as it used to be...

I typically only post if DLC is out or something along those lines. Otherwise I'll only really post if I need help with a quest... and that trend should be obvious 8D

But it's more along the line that I prefer solo hunting and don't stress over mix builds anymore.

PKrockin

I'm farming Black Gravios looking for that 2nd pallium that refuses to show up, and it's going great until this bow user comes in and triple carts. He's only wearing head and waist pieces for 140 defense and Palico Leader. why

Had some great hunts with Zetani and aaron and his brother. Sorry I had to leave when I did. Hope you were able to finish Gog again!
I finished all the missions for the Wystones, but I need to fill the villager requests to finish off the quest.

Selene Helm X
Garuga Mail X
Seltas Vambraces X
Garuga Tassets X
Rath Soul Greaves Z
Handicraft +4, Evasion +9

no empty slots after gemming everything, the talisman needs at least one slot or you'll have to equip a weapon with a slot. or in other words, have the charm add up to Evade +10 in the end since +9 is the max for graven charms

Wow that is a nice charm. I still need one with Handicraft+4 or 5.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm farming Black Gravios looking for that 2nd pallium that refuses to show up, and it's going great until this bow user comes in and triple carts. He's only wearing head and waist pieces for 140 defense and Palico Leader. why
A better question is why leader didn't kick him.

Just saw GH's video on the new weapon upgrade system. Really hoping he's wrong about being to use whatever you want to upgrade weapons (and it seems likely he is).

Greddleok

So I got to G-rank finally, and I think I'm done. The game turned from this awesome relaxing thing I could do after work to being incredibly difficult!

The monsters just straight up out-skill me now. I'm not fit to be a hunter.

Dreavus

So I got to G-rank finally, and I think I'm done. The game turned from this awesome relaxing thing I could do after work to being incredibly difficult!

The monsters just straight up out-skill me now. I'm not fit to be a hunter.

Hmm, is it that bad? It's currently an awesome relaxing thing I do after work too (well, on the bus home). I've been on a kick lately and am very close to finishing HR7 (2 more key quests and the urgent)

Hmm, is it that bad? It's currently an awesome relaxing thing I do after work too (well, on the bus home). I've been on a kick lately and am very close to finishing HR7 (2 more key quests and the urgent)

I would say G isn't bad until G3. There're some obnoxious fights along the way (T. Zam, T. Naja) but most of it is manageable.

You'll probably want to hop online to gear up, though. I wouldn't want to solo G rank with high rank gear
;_;

I solo'd Hermitaur for its set with crap HR armor because even at launch no one would farm the damn thing
I farmed G rank cepha for a while in low G rank/high rank armor. That was pretty awful. Thankfully gaffers lended their aid in the end.

Renewed

Don't suppose anyone's interested in G-Rank arena. Was doing T.Najarala but the random bailed after two carts, lost the S but got the A rank.

Hall ID: 70-1755-9850-1233

Edit: Sorry, hand fatigue. Will probably come back to this later today.

Dreavus

I would say G isn't bad until G3. There're some obnoxious fights along the way (T. Zam, T. Naja) but most of it is manageable.

You'll probably want to hop online to gear up, though. I wouldn't want to solo G rank with high rank gear

I farmed G rank cepha for a while in low G rank/high rank armor. That was pretty awful. Thankfully gaffers lended their aid in the end.

Good to know. I should probably start looking for a set to transition to. I have Gold Rathian at the moment and it's been pretty good for me (greedy as fuck, but still good) I was at least able to gem it to have attack up L.

HawthorneKitty

Good to know. I should probably start looking for a set to transition to. I have Gold Rathian at the moment and it's been pretty good for me (greedy as fuck, but still good) I was at least able to gem it to have attack up L.
I remember when G Rath armor was unreleased; I kicked them instantly because they were greedy lol.

ohlawd

Don't suppose anyone's interested in G-Rank arena. Was doing T.Najarala but the random bailed after two carts, lost the S but got the A rank.

Hall ID: 70-1755-9850-1233

Edit: Sorry, hand fatigue. Will probably come back to this later today.

I'm down later. go away Kitteh, you did everything already

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is my plan to get G Jaggi and upgrade it as much as possible, then get another low ass G rank armor set still viable? Its what I did in MH3U. Basically baby step my way up the ranks?

HawthorneKitty

Is my plan to get G Jaggi and upgrade it as much as possible, then get another low ass G rank armor set still viable? Its what I did in MH3U. Basically baby step my way up the ranks?
I'd recommend G rank Tetsu and then G Rank Seregios shortly after; you'll then be set till end game armors then.

tuffy

Hermitaur Z is also an excellent G rank HBG starter set since it offers both Pierce Up and Recoil Down +1 (Pierce Up decorations give negative Recoil points, which makes both skills tricky to get in one set). It also offers Guts which kept me off the cart on several occasions. Hermitaurs aren't hard to farm, either.

But since it's only a rarity 8 set with relatively low max defense, I've since swapped its parts for something sturdier.

Top Bottom