• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Interesting. Does it change what type of weapon each time you go on a hunt and come back, or do you have to do expeditions to get it to change? I haven't been doing expeditions other than the forced ones.

Here's a good guide to how they work:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster...7/guild-quests-excavated-equipment-basic-info

Basically, the expeditions randomize after every hunt. You'd need to look to see which weapon is the "specialty" of the expedition. It says it in the bottom of the screen when you look at it. If it's Long Sword, then go and mine everything - the weapons usually come from blue mining spots. The best is when you can find an expedition with Long Sword AND it says "Treasure Area: Yes."

Here's a good guide to how they work:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster...7/guild-quests-excavated-equipment-basic-info

Basically, the expeditions randomize after every hunt. You'd need to look to see which weapon is the "specialty" of the expedition. It says it in the bottom of the screen when you look at it. If it's Long Sword, then go and mine everything - the weapons usually come from blue mining spots. The best is when you can find an expedition with Long Sword AND it says "Treasure Area: Yes."

Nice, I'll just have to check for them more often.

Finally managed to beat the Brute Tigrex and Stygian Zinogre quest in order to able to trade for Lagiacrus materials. Then, after that, I had to kill a couple Black Gravios to get scalps to trade for Shell Shockers (and a Gravios Medulla I already had) to upgrade my Zinogre SnS.

But the problem is that I don't remember what I wanted that SnS for, besides being an elemental weapon.

I also noticed most of my SnS's are from Low-High Rank. I need to get on upgrading my weapons...

OmegaZero

Been playing around with longsword and found that just using X,X,Fade Slash is a fantastic safe gauge filler. Also jumping spirit combos make the longsword a pretty strong mounting weapon - just under SnS for ledge mounting imo.

EDIT:
Finally managed to beat the Brute Tigrex and Stygian Zinogre quest in order to able to trade for Lagiacrus materials. Then, after that, I had to kill a couple Black Gravios to get scalps to trade for Shell Shockers (and a Gravios Medulla I already had) to upgrade my Zinogre SnS.

But the problem is that I don't remember what I wanted that SnS for, besides being an elemental weapon.

I also noticed most of my SnS's are from Low-High Rank. I need to get on upgrading my weapons...

Oh geez, this is my main issue with my SnS collection. I farm to upgrade one or two and then forget which path I'm aiming for.
Also, Rust and Worn SnSs refuse to drop for me, no matter how many V. Hollow Explorer runs I do. :c

Oh man, I'm having the WORST luck getting Gravios Medullas. I've needed 3 for so long... what have you been doing to get it? Just playing that 2x B.Gravios quest?

tuffy

Oh man, I'm having the WORST luck getting Gravios Medullas. I've needed 3 for so long... what have you been doing to get it? Just playing that 2x B.Gravios quest?
I kept doing the Caravan hunt-a-thon, turning in the Paw Pass after the second Gravios and hoping for luck in the quest rewards since getting tails off wasn't practical.

It took awhile.

I kept doing the Caravan hunt-a-thon, turning in the Paw Pass after the second Gravios and hoping for luck in the quest rewards since getting tails off wasn't practical.

It took awhile.

Darn, was afraid of that. I did just upgrade my Water LBG to Maelstrom+, so that should make things easier.
Did you eat for Lucky Cat? In my experience, it hasn't really done much for "extra" rewards.

Mzo

Desire sensor in full effect.

Joined a room farming Seregios for a lens, dude had been trying to get one all day.

During the double quest the tail carve off the first Seregios got me a lens, then a regular carve off the second got me another one.

I kept my mouth shut.

tuffy

Darn, was afraid of that. I did just upgrade my Water LBG to Maelstrom+, so that should make things easier.
Did you eat for Lucky Cat? In my experience, it hasn't really done much for "extra" rewards.
I had to take them down with the lowly Royal Inundation which was the best rapid-fire water shot gun I could find at the time. They'd never hit me so long as I'd stay to their sides or back so it was mostly a dull slog. I think I wound up eating for an attack boost (Felyne Temper, perhaps?) in the hope it'd get the fights over with just a little bit faster.

Desire sensor in full effect.

Joined a room farming Seregios for a lens, dude had been trying to get one all day.

During the double quest the tail carve off the first Seregios got me a lens, then a regular carve off the second got me another one.

I kept my mouth shut.

Hahahaha. That's great.
I remember when I was in LR, I would help people farm Gore because I liked fighting him. I didn't need any parts, I just thought it was fun.
Everyone was there to get plates. I ended up getting 1 the first run, 2 the second, and THREE the third run, which is mega rare. Most of them didn't get a single one. They're still sitting around, collecting dust.

Faiz

Well my home time hasn't improved any - in fact it's gotten worse. So my only real MH time is on the commute or on break at work still. Now that I've capped off what's available solely playing single player I've gone back and started soloing the Guild Hall.

It's still easy since I'm on rare 7 weapons and about 430 defense in HR5, but sometime tomorrow I'm guessing I'll find myself in HR7 with the right gear but tuned for more players, then I'll be in a world of hurt. :/

Anyone else had to solo their way to G?

CodeNfX

Just hit High rank and farmed for the Jaggi S set. What's another good set after this one? GS/HH user. I may also try the HBG, what's a good set for this?

OmegaZero

Just hit High rank and farmed for the Jaggi S set. What's another good set after this one? GS/HH user. I may also try the HBG, what's a good set for this?

Lagombi S is a good starter set for HBG since it has Evade Extender IIRC.
For GS, I used a mixed set with Diablos parts to get Crit Draw and Focus but Tetsucabra S, Velociprey S, and (if you dont mind farming late HR) Rath Soul armor are good general sets.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone want to do apex deviljho arena or need g raging brachy or hr rajang? About to start some farming for these 3

Oh right, just wanna leave this here as proof that the cats can be awesome sometimes:

zlCfzTJ95Gs5o2xTwA

redcrayon

I'm definitely looking forward to getting a long shot GL as well as an armor set with Artillery skills so I can spam Wyvern Fire.

OK, so there is an indication when a shot hits the monster, I was just being unobservant. Or maybe I should switch the blood effects setting to see it better.

You may already know this but just in case, the Elder Babel Spear is one of the weapons that needs the Awaken skill to deal its elemental damage, as indicated by thenumber being grayed out.
Ah, I didn't know that, thanks! Have switched over to my new Silver Prominence instead now anyway.

How important is it to have Guard +2 vs Guard +1 for a Guard Lancer? Like transition from Low Rank to High Rank it's tough to find armor that keeps me at Guard +2. Is it worth it?

Kyzon

Ok, router is reset, and room is up

Farming G Brachy as well as whatever you wanna hunt. G-Rank only please.

35-3562-5234-9277

Pass: 9999

Ken

How important is it to have Guard +2 vs Guard +1 for a Guard Lancer? Like transition from Low Rank to High Rank it's tough to find armor that keeps me at Guard +2. Is it worth it?

It affects if you stagger to big hits so yeah, I think it's worth it.

upandaway

It really depends on how cheap it is to add Guard +2 to your set. Guard +1 more or less covers you completely if you play well.

Back in 3U I could get either Guard +1 and Constitution +1 or just Guard +2, for example, the former was WAY more useful. See what your options are.

Ken

It really depends on how cheap it is to add Guard +2 to your set. Guard +1 more or less covers you completely if you play well.

Back in 3U I could get either Guard +1 and Constitution +1 or just Guard +2, for example, the former was WAY more useful. See what your options are.

Mega Dash Juice is also an option to get around stamina skills.

What do I do with Rusted/Ancient Fragments? Can't figure out how to restore them ;v

The fragments are not something that you restore. They're materials for making items. The most common being the Artian armor sets, which require an absurd amount of them.
I think you're thinking of Shards instead of Fragments.

Top Bottom