• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Shengar

Yeah, molten tiggy always goes down fast in a somewhat decent group. Most hints I've done with groups usually end in under five minutes, especially if I or somebody else guns.
What makes roll my eyes is that while it have low HP, its tail have normal durability if not more durable than normal Tigrex. Mist of the time, when it cut off that mean it already half way from being dead.

Wanderer5

It would be nice if a monster would appear in the list of MP options to show a certain target of after a attempt heh. And ugh now it seems kind of a pain to find a decent ukanlos group.<.<

Anura

What makes roll my eyes is that while it have low HP, its tail have normal durability if not more durable than normal Tigrex. Mist of the time, when it cut off that mean it already half way from being dead.

I know what you mean! Last time I did some Molten there were two blade users trying to get that tail so hard but we always killed it before it came off.

Juraash

So just putting feelers out for later tonight. I'll be around and would love to do some hunts with GAF again. Personally I'd like to hit Gog for kicks cause I think he's fun, Ukanlos and (ugh) Kushala for parts. More than any of that though, just deciphering scrolls is good for me.

Juraash

I'm so down for more. We were cleaning up last night against him.

And I don't IG, but it looks cool as hell, that counts for something right? :p

Yeah we were really going great on it. The IG does look cool though... and I have all the mats to get it to its final form... I might have to do that.

Any tips for Black Gravios? I read up a little bit and some people are saying use bowgun, but I've never used any of the ranged weapons and I don't have a Gunner armor set at all. Is that just the wrong path to take?

Using dual blades here. If I don't go for the gunner route, I have the Spiral Edges rare 5 water blades, and I have the Terminal Toxin rare 4 poison blades. I see he is weak to both. Which would be better?

Speaking of poison, how do I know when the poison procs? I see the little purple flashes when I hit, but it's really hard to tell if it's doing anything. Thanks.

>: timed out against guild quest shaggy. I blame the fact that the weapons i'm using don't do enough damage since they're still rare 7 xD

Any tips for Black Gravios? I read up a little bit and some people are saying use bowgun, but I've never used any of the ranged weapons and I don't have a Gunner armor set at all. Is that just the wrong path to take?

Using dual blades here. If I don't go for the gunner route, I have the Spiral Edges rare 5 water blades, and I have the Terminal Toxin rare 4 poison blades. I see he is weak to both. Which would be better?

Speaking of poison, how do I know when the poison procs? I see the little purple flashes when I hit, but it's really hard to tell if it's doing anything. Thanks.

He is so slow that gunning him is pretty easy. As for DS, stay between his legs and go crazy on the belly/feet.

When a monster is poisoned you will see purple smoky bubbles coming from its face.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

It's important to recognize which beam attack follows up with a fire gas from his body. I think it's the straight one that doesn't result in it as well as the up and down, but I forget.

Iryx

Made my Honed Blade template set, and I've ended up with four open slots and nothing to gem in them, probably need a better charm.

Juraash

Yeah tried that and the fire fart move happens too often for that to be effective.

You can avoid getting burned by the fart itself with high FR...like 20 I think. If you can afford to soak the DMG once in a while that makes it less brutal. Also with evasion skills you can get out of dodge pretty easily. He's an ass though and doing him as blademaster seem inherently more difficult than gunning.

CodeNfX

Went into Black Gravios blindly in a random group. Man what a pain to fight as blademasters. Never used so much potions before!

It's important to recognize which beam attack follows up with a fire gas from his body. I think it's the straight one that doesn't result in it as well as the up and down, but I forget.

In High Rank, he has 3 beam attacks.
1. Horizontal Beam Attack. Shoots a straight beam, aimed to his left that he pans to the right.
2. Vertical Beam Attack. Shoots a straight beam into the ground, it tilts up to way over his head, then back down again. Hurts like a mofo.
3. Straight Beam Attack. Shoots a beam straight ahead.

#3 is the one where he does the fire fart afterwards.

In G Rank, he gets another fire spit attack that involves fire farts as well, but that's G Rank.

Went into Black Gravios blindly in a random group. Man what a pain to fight as blademasters. Never used so much potions before!

Recently? Cuz damn that is some timing. Just tried first time this morning just to check out his attack patterns with no intention of killing him really. I abandoned after realizing i will need some new strategies here.

I was able to kill Seregios on my first try last night, never even seen him before. He seemed really easy compared to Pink Rathian and Black Gravios.

KimChi

anyone able to get the earth crystal trick working by knocking out basarios when you trip it? I can't hammer for shit lol, would like to get some easy earth crystals if anyone is up for that.

one_kill

After doing some of the low level quests, it's finally clicking. I tried to play some online, but no one wanted a low level hunter on their party, lol

Pierate

Quick question: Is it better to use a lower raw status weapon or a higher raw elemental weapon, assuming they have the same sharpness and the monster is not weak against the element? For general purpose ofcourse.

wiibomb

After doing some of the low level quests, it's finally clicking. I tried to play some online, but no one wanted a low level hunter on their party, lol

it is better to go and do you own room, its kinda rude to go to a established room of people on more advanced quests and try to get them to do what you want, if you are having trouble finding people, ask friends to go help, or you can even ask here on gaf

Wanderer5

I finally in G-rank. Feeling a bit weird with that heh, with not too long ago I just wasn't sure about the series and felt a bit bleh about. And now here I am entering the big leagues of this series, after so many hours.XD Looking forward to the challenges ahead. I sure I going to scream a lot now.

Do you need Dragon to break HR Daora's head? I've been flashing him down and beating on his head for about 15 minutes and I still haven't got the subquest notification.

CodeNfX

Recently? Cuz damn that is some timing. Just tried first time this morning just to check out his attack patterns with no intention of killing him really. I abandoned after realizing i will need some new strategies here.

I was able to kill Seregios on my first try last night, never even seen him before. He seemed really easy compared to Pink Rathian and Black Gravios.

Yes, killed him twice last night without realizing it was an urgent quest until mine pop. I haven't got the quest for Seregios yet, looking forward to him as I need parts.

redcrayon

You can avoid getting burned by the fart itself with high FR...like 20 I think. If you can afford to soak the DMG once in a while that makes it less brutal. Also with evasion skills you can get out of dodge pretty easily. He's an ass though and doing him as blademaster seem inherently more difficult than gunning.
You can also block the area gas attacks with guard-up skill, that allows you to stay in close and keep hitting him.

Top Bottom