• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

redcrayon

Is there any reliable way to get Elder Bfly Beetles? Like a specific quest rank/type etc for hfh.
I don't think so. Eating for Felyne explorer (fresh tuna and a fresh drink) every time will usually start you next to a blue insect harvesting point with a good chance of getting them at G rank though.

redcrayon

I'm at Guild HR4 and Caravan 7. At what point should I work on Expeditions and Guild Quests? Since they're not directly linked with progression, it feels like kind of a waste unless I have an urgent that forces me to do it.

(I also may have recently had a bad experience where a Yian Garuaga just -blam-ing left out of nowhere after i'd trounced him.)
I check the expedition icon after every quest, and if it has a weapon preference for my chosen weapons and/or a treasure area, I dive in. Treasure areas are always worth doing just to stock up on Abrasives, cathan seeds, etc

tuffy

Rank transitioning is always a humbling experience. You go from killing some powerful dragon in a grand confrontation and feeling on top of the world, to taking big hits from Purple Ludroth or Hermitaur or some pathetic thing and realizing you're gonna need some better gear ASAP. It's like starting all over again.

Ken

I somehow made it through HR in 3U, but this thing is kicking my ass.

Maybe it's low rank armor, weapons and the first general HR monster of the game?

Transitioning? Lol

He doesn't really do anything though and if you eat for HP and stamina the armor shouldn't matter much either.

If anything he seems like an easy transition IMO? Idk.

I find it funny that in 3U I had well over 1k in gunlance uses but on here when I bring it out I feel like I do worse than I should be.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
When you suck against a monster, you sheathe, run in circles, hit once in an opening, sheathe, repeat
Yeah, I think i was just being impatient - i killed her 3x in a row last night without much issue. Just had to learn to back off a bit - dung bombs didn't seem to do anything to the Seltas.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think so. Eating for Felyne explorer (fresh tuna and a fresh drink) every time will usually start you next to a blue insect harvesting point with a good chance of getting them at G rank though.
Hm I think we're thinking of different things. Looked it up and it seems it's only obtainable as a 15% chance reward from sending hunters for hire out on G quests.

I need 3 of them fml (ヽ´ω`)

Kater

Banned
Gone through a bit more of the SP campaign and finally reached Cheeko Sands after a tedious but short fight on a boat only twice the size of the creature I was fighting with. :p

Decided to get a new Palico buddy and train them by taking them with me on the easier HR missions.

Ultrabum

I'm doing teostra guild quests starting at lvl 134

12-0474-6707-3015

Edit: full, but i'm sure people will filter in and out.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The beetles aren't too hard to collect as long as to have a lot of guild cards and have hunters for hire.
Yep surprisingly got them all in the first 3 rounds that I sent out lol. Used them to make a patchwork GS set with

evasion+1
quick sheath
fast charge
tremor resistance
crit draw
weakness exploit

Along with a natural purple GS I'm ready to start attempting soloing 140 GQ rajangs

ChrisD

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the New 3DS thread. It seemed more fitting here.

I managed to land a Majora's Mask New XL last week, but Monster Hunter wasn't played in it until today. New impressions after 80 hours of play on my 3DS XL? This game is actually pretty sweet looking. Textures are standard Monster Hunter fare when it comes to the world, but wow at the textures on monsters! And the framerate? Actually good. It's not a solid 60, but it stays up there and it stays smooth.

Don't get me started on how great the nub is for this game. I still use the D-Pad, and even the on-screen D-Pad at times (when Hammering a head, generally), but for 99% of my camera control it's all on that little nub.

The 3D effect for 4U specifically is effectively unchanged; I loved it on my XL, I love it on my new XL.

Basically, if you have the money and can find reasoning to do so, I wholeheartedly recommend a New XL for Monster Hunter. It's not an HD remaster but to say it's just the same game is an understatement. Feels like playing 4U.5 or something.

PrankT

It feels so wrong using divine spheres on level 6 black belt vambraces instead of some of my level 10 armor. Oh well!

tuffy

White Monoblos is quite an exercise in dodging charges. Keeping him in range with an HBG quickly became a chore so it was the perfect excuse to forge the Seregios LBG. Since I was rolling half the time anyway, it was a perfect fit. I just kept sneaking in rapid-fire normal 2 barrages to his tail every time he'd do a straight charge past me and he went down without much trouble.

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the New 3DS thread. It seemed more fitting here.

I managed to land a Majora's Mask New XL last week, but Monster Hunter wasn't played in it until today. New impressions after 80 hours of play on my 3DS XL? This game is actually pretty sweet looking. Textures are standard Monster Hunter fare when it comes to the world, but wow at the textures on monsters! And the framerate? Actually good. It's not a solid 60, but it stays up there and it stays smooth.

Don't get me started on how great the nub is for this game. I still use the D-Pad, and even the on-screen D-Pad at times (when Hammering a head, generally), but for 99% of my camera control it's all on that little nub.

The 3D effect for 4U specifically is effectively unchanged; I loved it on my XL, I love it on my new XL.

Basically, if you have the money and can find reasoning to do so, I wholeheartedly recommend a New XL for Monster Hunter. It's not an HD remaster but to say it's just the same game is an understatement. Feels like playing 4U.5 or something.

Except for Dalamadur's tail (the part you cut off).

I don't know what the fuck happened there, but I hope someone got a stern talking to.

Shengar

Anybody ever have any problem with carving all Fatalis carves? There is a way where you can carve them all without losing one. The trick is to carve it's tail part from its crotch the go way up from there. If you stand in its crotch while it doing death animation, you'll be guaranteed to get all the carves as long as you don't try to roll to move around.

Also there is a spot in Dahren Mohran body where you can get all the carves in one go. I believe it was in the middle the front leg but it's quite difficult to constantly get there.
Except for Dalamadur's tail (the part you cut off).

I don't know what the fuck happened there, but I hope someone got a stern talking to.

That's literally pixel clusterfuck

Shengar

Is it really? Had no idea.

Thanks for helpin out those that did.

Yes it is. If you carve while standing, you character will waste more time by trying to stand up slowly. Meanwhile if you crave while crouching, they can quickly back to idle state because they don't have to stand up.

Yes it is. If you carve while standing, you character will waste more time by trying to stand up slowly. Meanwhile if you crave while crouching, they can quickly back to idle state because they don't have to stand up.
I'll need to remember that. Thanks.

Yrael

Ahhhh, I love Teostra so much. I just fought him offline in the caravan 6* quest.

Damn though, he's fast. I learned that I can never assume that I'm sufficiently out of his reach, even if I'm at the other side of the room and he's facing away from me. I also learned that if I'm covered in sparks/powder, I need to run the hell away while rolling lol.

PrankT

Ahhhh, I love Teostra so much. I just fought him offline in the caravan 6* quest.

Damn though, he's fast. I learned that I can never assume that I'm sufficiently out of his reach, even if I'm at the other side of the room and he's facing away from me. I also learned that if I'm covered in sparks/powder, I need to run the hell away while rolling lol.
Use deodorant to get rid of the powder.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Any suggestions on a good upgrade from the Rath Heart set? Feel like I've been using it for a really long time now. Mostly use Hammer and CB, though really I can use almost anything if the situation calls for it.

Silver Rathalos is such a frustrating piece of shit. Goddamn.

Anyway, I was curious about something in regards to MH3U 3DS that maybe someone can help answer. Does it control the same as MH4U? Camera, etc. It works fine with the N3DS, nub, I take it?

I own it on Wii U and played a bit over 100 hours, but now I'm curious about the 3DS version. It's gonna suck not having the insect glaive and vertical movement, but I'm just curious how it controls. The demo isn't up on the eShop for me to try anymore, unfortunately.

I mainly think it would be a nice game to have on my 3DS when I get a bit MH4U'd out and need something slightly different.

Juraash

Silver Rathalos is such a frustrating piece of shit. Goddamn.

Anyway, I was curious about something in regards to MH3U 3DS that maybe someone can help answer. Does it control the same as MH4U? Camera, etc. It works fine with the N3DS, nub, I take it?

I own it on Wii U and played a bit over 100 hours, but now I'm curious about the 3DS version. It's gonna suck not having the insect glaive and vertical movement, but I'm just curious how it controls. The demo isn't up on the eShop for me to try anymore, unfortunately.

I mainly think it would be a nice game to have on my 3DS when I get a bit MH4U'd out and need something slightly different.

Yup it all controls the same, c-stick works fine and you can transfer over your Wii U character. It's still a mighty fun game after all.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh also, does anyone know the requirements to unlock the Kirin urgent in Caravan? Can't believe I still don't have it (and never went back to try and get it until now, I mean I'm almost at 10*, haha).

Oh also, does anyone know the requirements to unlock the Kirin urgent in Caravan? Can't believe I still don't have it (and never went back to try and get it until now, I mean I'm almost at 10*, haha).

Rath Soul for offense, B. Gravios for defense, Naj if you like fancy stuff like extra capture loot and paralysis resistance. It's what i used anyway. I think ultimately S. Zinogre's one of the more feature rich sets in high rank.

edit: whoops! quoted right person, but wrong post :x

I had two really successful T. Zamtrios hunts followed by two failures. Sometimes your fellow hunters are great, sometimes they stand in a zone far away from the monster for 10 minutes.

Room is up. I am up for anything really. I need a different set of armor other then my Regios X so whatever is posted.

53-5153-7637-7674
pass: 6064

Edit: There is still 1 spot left if anyone want in on G turns

Top Bottom