• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

So I've spent some serious time with my most recent GS creation, which is the Gog one. I'm pretty stoked with the sleep status it has. Even in MP I can sleep a monster around 90% of the time. I mostly made it cause it looked really awesome and had higher raw than what I was using at the time.

I know it isn't the bread and butter choice and it's raw is lower than a few other options. All that said, the natural purple sharpness, respectable raw and the bonus of the sleep status has made it my favorite GS thus far. I like not having to sweat handicraft as well. I really feel like everything is starting to gel really well on my character and it's making the game even more fun.
Nothing wrong with making gear because it's cool and has some nice features. The Seregios HBG is a minor step below the M. Tigrex HBG I already had, but I forged it anyway because I thought its auto-reload was pretty neat and it comes in handy against nimble opponents. And the Chaos Gore HBG's affinity feature might not be much use most of the time, but I like how it absolutely destroys frenzied monsters.

There's too much nice equipment in the game to just stick with what has the best attack power all of the time.

Wanderer5

Oh this Desert Seltas quest shouldn't be that ba- *Apex Rajang comes in* OH SHI- *gets killed by lightning*

Well least the quest did get completed anyway lol. Think I got three more key quests before my turn against Seregios will open, who still doesn't seem to be too bad heh, least the normal one.

Anyone have any suggestions on cool armors for a Charge Blade user that aren't Tetsucabra or Velociprey? I really don't like how either of them look and am getting really tired of seeing my character with those armors on...

anyone on this? For the record, I'm on the Gravios mission, Caravan lvl 5

tuffy

Thanks to Sassy for the help with Ukanlos! Sorry about those two deaths; the beam usually doesn't one-shot me unless he's raged.
Luckily my connection held out just long enough to finish the fight. That ice beam's carted me many times before so I feel your pain, but our Rathalos LBGs brought him down so it's all good. Welcome to G rank!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Will be continuing random Jap DLC if anyone wants to dilly-dally shilly-shally. We've fought some fun stuff already.

Ultrabum

What does blast do?

There's a weaker glaive but it has 560 blast, it'd that good? I've been going raw for now

Blast is slime from MH3. Basically it is a status that builds up (like all statuses), and once it reaches a threshold it does damage equal to one of the bombs.

Its a pretty good status, best on multi-monster hunts and some other specific monsters. Good all around imo.

Top Bottom