• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

So what should i do with all these gog parts? I could make a weapon, i don't have a level 10 anything right now. I'm just hearing very mixed reviews about them. Could also sell them since i'm sitting on maybe 1mil worth of gog parts, but that seems wasteful, even if i am broke.

Armor looked neat, but again, mixed reviews.

Only Dash Juice (Catalyst+Rare Steak), not Mega Dash Juice which lasts for much longer. As you say, I simply don't have enough Dash Extract and don't care to farm it, so Dash Juice does the job. I don't even use it that often, but for long matches, or times when I need unlimited stamina for blocking, it really helps.

Oh my bad, all I saw was Mega and put them together. And now i'm doing charm resetting cause why not. I got one that had handicraft +5 and normal up +8 >.>

tuffy

So what should i do with all these gog parts?
I made some Dead Eye decorations with them since his bowguns and armor set look pretty lousy.

Oh, and I found a Spirit +5, Handicraft +7 charm while mining for more armor spheres. It's like the game's telling me it's time to pick up a blademaster weapon for a change.

Beats

I made a set with Trajectory on it to kill Mohran faster solo using Gog armor parts and decorations.

It usually dies in a few shots after I enter the final showdown. The first two phases feel like they're just on a timer, but I dunno.

Salaadin

For greatswords, raw is king. Always has been, and probably always will be. As far as I understand it, a 1600 raw GS is no question better than a 1100 raw 500 fire GS when tackling an enemy weak to fire. Which is good in the sense that you can use a single GS (Cera Cymmetry should be your goal) against all monsters instead of having to bother crafting multiple weapons to the occassion. If that's what you prefer to do however, then GS probably isn't the right weapon for you.

Thanks.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. Definitely makes things easier when it's time to upgrade.

So I'll stick with the 1100 GS for now until I can properly farm a better one. I am working towards the Cera GS but I'm not quite at that level yet.

Mzo

Standard set for blademaster: Mega Point x10, Dash Juice x2, Max Potion x2, Life Powder x3, Powercharm, Powertalon, Armorcharm, Armortalon, Paintball x3, Flash Bomb x5, Dung Bomb x10, Farcaster x1, Tranq Bomb x6, Pitfall Trap, Shock Trap, Barrel Bomb L+, Mega Pickaxe, Mega Bug Net, Whetstone. Leaves me with 5 empty slots on the main three pages, so I can also slot in drinks, Dust of Life, and whatever else I may want. Obviously I can drop gathering tools and useless traps depending on the fight, but this is my standard.

I don't think the mega pickaxe or bugnet are worth it at all. I've never used anything but a steady stock of the standard ones in any monhun.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't think the mega pickaxe or bugnet are worth it at all. I've never used anything but a steady stock of the standard ones in any monhun.

Money is not an issue for me and they rarely break, so I don't mind. By all means regular ones are probably fine for most.

Valus

The Gaijinhunter set for the Seregios LBG looks good on male gunners too. Just wanted to throw that out there :p

The Uka-Uka-U set looks pretty silly on dudes. Not as bad as I thought, but definitely won't pass the next Fashion Hunter modeling show.

Wanderer5

Is there really no good way to advertise a quest that is HR but is HR8+ (like the Molten Tigrex I need to get around to if I want to upgrade the Seregios Horn)? Kind of feel like that part of HR should have it own sections so I don't keep having HR7 or lower to come in.

Uka-Uka-U looks kinda bad on female hunters as well. At least male hunters get a cape!

I kind of like it, has a darksouls-ie vibe with the hauberk and the "steel" legs,gloves,hat

speaking of which. I'm opening a G room to farm uka, chamelios, kushala and teostra if anyone's interested:

48-8338-6487-4401

As a DB user, what Dragon line would you recommend?

Final
Le Shangri La
350 Raw
300 Dragon
+40% Affinity
Medium amount of white, little blue, little green
1 slot

Or

Final
Dual Dragons Angst
364 Raw
420 Dragon
+0% Affinity
No white, lots of blue and green
3 slots
But this line has no blue at all until the Final form... so getting there will be painful.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Was just clearing out a few G1 quests I skipped before doing the urgent and took the dual Lagombi quest.

They were hitting me like freaking trucks. It was bewildering. Butt slam for half my health? I know this is g rank but I have nearly 550 defense and these are lagombis for gods sake.

After I finished I realized I was wearing my Naja S set instead of my Naja X set. :/. Oops.

I've never understood why lagombis are encountered so late (typically late Low Rank, 3-5*) They should be 1* monsters with their predictability and damage. They don't even have a roar to go along with their lengthy pose/taunt animation.

Only reason they seem to ever not be encountered early is because the frozen maps aren't found early on.

I kind of like it, has a darksouls-ie vibe with the hauberk and the "steel" legs,gloves,hat

speaking of which. I'm opening a G room to farm uka, chamelios, kushala and teostra if anyone's interested:

48-8338-6487-4401

dc'd and couldn't find room checking my connection then maybe starting a new one

Shengar

I used Regios LBG against everything but that because it's the only LBG I have with a matching set :x
As far as I'm using it, Regios LBG is decent against everything. But you're not dealing more damage than the blademasters did unless you have truly good aim and managed to keep the offensive all the time. Even with Challenger+2 or Unscathed, rarely I made a monster flinch when shoot them in the head. One thing for sure is that, with either of these two skill, Regios LBG is great for cutting tails especially on monsters that have tail tip.

I want to make other LBG set, but I just don't want skills that should I aim for elemental LBG.

Thinking about trying DB, will I be viable if I never want to pop dash juices?

Totally. Just keep an eye on the stamina, and pop demon mode when a monster is downed and not able to slip away while you boost up to Archdemon. I've never used dash juices and I really enjoy them.

Advanced: Emperor of Embers (Teostra G-rank) room up.

Thanks all for coming so promptly.

I haven't been able to play much of anything over the past week due to projects and exams, but I've been playing one or two quests during breaks over the course of the week and I've now finished literally every single offline quest except the weapon trainings and Master's Test, which I've tried once. I got the Jho down to limping and then derped myself to death three times. Hands were shaking. No excuses though, I'll get it next time I have time to play.

This is the first Monster Hunter since the original on PS2 where I've bothered to finish every offline quest. I've always cleared every single online quest in every MH, but never offline besides MH1 and this one.

Beats

This is the first Monster Hunter since the original on PS2 where I've bothered to finish every offline quest. I've always cleared every single online quest in every MH, but never offline besides MH1 and this one.

Out of the ones I played (Tri and 3U) I only did it in 3U and I'm pretty close to doing it here. One of the last quests I have is killing some Zamite in low rank, but I haven't mustered up the energy to actually do that one yet. > . <

Out of the ones I played (Tri and 3U) I only did it in 3U and I'm pretty close to doing it here. One of the last quests I have is killing some Zamite in low rank, but I haven't mustered up the energy to actually do that one yet. > . <

I loved Tri, but I had such a consistent group online that I almost never played offline. I did beat Ceadeus (GOD I LOVED THAT FIGHT DESPITE HOW EASY IT WAS. DAT BATTLE THEME), but I never went back and cleared out the rest of offline.

PKrockin

It really is satisfying to enter that forest and leave nothing alive. 1 Seltas, 1 Yian Kut-Ku, 2 Monoblos and 1 Deviljho later I have a Yian Kut-Ku/Yian Garuga GQ with a lance/GL bias.

I'll give it a go at level 95 just to see if it drops anything much better than a Basarios quest around that level. Not looking forward to fighting G-rank Garuga though...

Kater

Banned
Here is my worst attempt at playing Fashion Hunter. :p

pQltT3w.jpg

I am really enjoying the new Event Quests, fun times. (The chest "armor" is made of the tickets you get plus monster parts)

Shengar

It really is satisfying to enter that forest and leave nothing alive. 1 Seltas, 1 Yian Kut-Ku, 2 Monoblos and 1 Deviljho later I have a Yian Kut-Ku/Yian Garuga GQ with a lance/GL bias.

I'll give it a go at level 95 just to see if it drops anything much better than a Basarios quest around that level. Not looking forward to fighting G-rank Garuga though...
G Rank Garuga is FUN with capital f.

Totally. Just keep an eye on the stamina, and pop demon mode when a monster is downed and not able to slip away while you boost up to Archdemon. I've never used dash juices and I really enjoy them.

Advanced: Emperor of Embers (Teostra G-rank) room up.

Thanks all for coming so promptly.

I liked the marathon runner stamina skill. It works with demon mode. I personally never use the normal attacks. I am always in demon mode, archdemon mode, or stamina recovery.

PKrockin

Please tell me there's some way of leveling up guild quests faster than 1 level per completion...

Anyone have a garuga or rajang guild quest with lance/gunlance bias? Preferably rajang.
Wish I could give you mine but I'm away from home and my internet is crap.

Top Bottom