• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

That is exactly the point when I said "screw it, I'm going to bring in the Seregios LBG".

Its auto-reload feature came in handy when I was rolling to avoid his charges half the time anyway.

You know, I hate to say it, but I may do that. I made that gun just in case this kind of situation arose, despite my distaste for it.

Tom_Cody

Until you run out of money.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Grinding for the parts required to craft/upgrade the bows usually brings in enough money. The one major consequence of this play style is that I have end up having to be more deliberate about selling monster parts that I'm never going to need. If you're ever grinding for a single part, then that also means that you're building up tons of parts that you don't, and those parts are tend to have a lot of value when converted to money.

Beats

damn, you really gotta start at the bottom if you want to make the Stygian Invidia lbg. : <

edit: Maybe I'll just make the Nether Phloxion instead...

That is exactly the point when I said "screw it, I'm going to bring in the Seregios LBG".

Its auto-reload feature came in handy when I was rolling to avoid his charges half the time anyway.

Is there a White Fatalis quest yet? That "Absolute Bowgun" looks kind of fun.

Leezard

damn, you really gotta start at the bottom if you want to make the Stygian Invidia lbg. : <

edit: Maybe I'll just make the Nether Phloxion instead...
Stygian invidia is a really good choice for dragon shots as well. It's a great gun.
Nether is great if you don't need dragon though.

tuffy

Is there a White Fatalis quest yet? That "Absolute Bowgun" looks kind of fun.
Not yet, no. I like its attack power and ability to rapid-fire all the standard elemental shots. I'm not so impressed by its small elemental clip sizes and below average reload speed. Trying to work Load Up into a standard elemental LBG set would be tricky without some godly charm.

Not yet, no. I like its attack power and ability to rapid-fire all the standard elemental shots. I'm not so impressed by its small elemental clip sizes and below average reload speed. Trying to work Load Up into a standard elemental LBG set would be tricky without some godly charm.

Yeah, that's a hindrance, but I like its Below Average reload speed making it more manageable. Also, not many LBGs rapid fire Pierce 1... it's usually Pierce 2. Pierce 1 is nice to have against some monsters (like wyverns).
It's also mega convenient to have 1 jack of all trades weapon.

EDIT: Wait.. reload speeds. You want Below Average, right? That's faster? I've always been confused about this. Does it go Fast>Below Avg>Avg>Above Avg>Slow?

Leezard

Yeah, that's a hindrance, but I like its Below Average reload speed making it more manageable. Also, not many LBGs rapid fire Pierce 1... it's usually Pierce 2. Pierce 1 is nice to have against some monsters (like wyverns).
It's also mega convenient to have 1 jack of all trades weapon.

EDIT: Wait.. reload speeds. You want Below Average, right? That's faster? I've always been confused about this. Does it go Fast>Below Avg>Avg>Above Avg>Slow?
Above average is better than average.
Think of it as "above average reload speed".

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I was not ready for Silver Rathalos. Absolutely wrecked me the first time. Beat him the second time with no carts (seems to be a running thing for me with these late-game monsters) but it was still rough.

Which would be better for early G-Rank, the Molten Tigrex armor or the Silver Los armor? Think I want to go for one of those. Molten Tigrex seems a lot harder to go for, though, since it requires a lot of gems.

Shengar

Okay, I just finished with making Sororal Set, here's my setup for Ice element:

Sororal Mask (Rapid +1)
Sororal Vest (Ice Attack+6)
Sororal Guards (Expert+5)
Esurient Coat
Sororal Leggings (Ice Attack+2, Expert+1)
Charm Ice Attack+8 Expert+14
Daora's Hornet
Activated Skills:
(Ice Attack+2, Critical Eye+3, Fleet Feet, Rapid Fire)

What do you think Gaf?

Man, I was not ready for Silver Rathalos. Absolutely wrecked me the first time. Beat him the second time with no carts (seems to be a running thing for me with these late-game monsters) but it was still rough.

Which would be better for early G-Rank, the Molten Tigrex armor or the Silver Los armor? Think I want to go for one of those. Molten Tigrex seems a lot harder to go for, though, since it requires a lot of gems.

Those are excessive and expensive for something that'll outdated soon IMO
GRank 1 monsters is very manageable even with rarity 6 armor such as Rath Soul. Nothing really threatening besides Pink Rathian.
EDIT: ah, and T. Zamtrios. It is a badass fat mofo

Leezard

Okay, I just finished with making Sororal Set, here's my setup for Ice element:

Sororal Mask (Rapid +1)
Esurient Coat
Daora's Hornet
Activated Skills:

What do you think Gaf?

Those are excessive and expensive for something that'll outdated soon IMO
GRank 1 monsters is very manageable even with rarity 6 armor such as Rath Soul. Nothing really threatening besides Pink Rathian.
Critical eye is useless for elemental shots, try to get ice atk +3 instead, and let critical eye be the lowest priority to gem up. Other than that it looks fine :)

tuffy

Activated Skills:

What do you think Gaf?
The only thing to note is that affinity isn't going to affect your elemental shots. So it may be better to go Ice Attack +3, Critical Eye +2 instead.

Okay, I just finished with making Sororal Set, here's my setup for Ice element:\

Sororal Mask (Rapid +1)
Esurient Coat
Daora's Hornet
Activated Skills:

What do you think Gaf?

Great ice set! Those are hard to make.
My only concern is the Rapid Fire skill. It scares me. In a room of 4 it won't be a big deal, but if you're solo, you may find that being locked in place that much longer could be killing you quicker than it's killing them. If you're smart about it though (and you seem to be pretty seasoned so I guess you are), it's a good skill. GREAT for elemental shots.

redcrayon

I used Silver Los for a while as I had a fire-element weapon that synergised well with it's Fire Attack Up skill. Actually it was the Silver Prominence Lance, which was quite nice as the weapon and armour from the same beast work well together.

I did find it became outdated quite fast though- I used it up until I could grab the Seregios G set (Regios?) which is the G1 urgent. The G-rank armour improves so fast that it seems like a waste to focus too much on a specific set for early G1.

Does anyone have any tips for fighting 10* Rajang (bad hair Rajang) as a lancer?

I have a defence of 700+ but am still getting annihilated and struggling to spot openings. He seems to move with three quick jumps that inflicts heavy damage, and covers a wide area. The combination of speed and strength, plus him being able to move across a whole area in the time it takes me to sheathe my weapon, is making him really tough for me.

What am I missing? Maybe dash juice so I can block more? I'm currently in Gog gear for crit. Eye+3 and awakening the fire element on my Lost Babel lance, and also have Guard Up and Protection. I could switch down to my Seregios gear for Constitution and Steady Hand, at a cost of defence and overall damage output though.

Quick Sheathe and Tremor Res would come in handy. Poison is effective, too.

Faiz

I did find it became outdated quite fast though- I used it up until I could grab the Seregios G set (Regios?) which is the G1 urgent. The G-rank armour improves so fast that it seems like a waste to focus too much on a specific set for early G1.

I kinda agree. I stayed in Naja S until I got G rank Naja unlocked, which is about where the defense disparity started to show, then I made Naja X which has decent abilities and requires no rare parts to make. Easy to make, and relatively easy to get up to 550ish defense, and caps out around 590 before it runs out of heavy armor sphere upgrades.

Edit: numbers include armor charm and talon.

Shengar

Critical eye is useless for elemental shots, try to get ice atk +3 instead, and let critical eye be the lowest priority to gem up. Other than that it looks fine :)

The only thing to note is that affinity isn't going to affect your elemental shots. So it may be better to go Ice Attack +3, Critical Eye +2 instead.

Great ice set! Those are hard to make.
My only concern is the Rapid Fire skill. It scares me. In a room of 4 it won't be a big deal, but if you're solo, you may find that being locked in place that much longer could be killing you quicker than it's killing them. If you're smart about it though (and you seem to be pretty seasoned so I guess you are), it's a good skill. GREAT for elemental shots.
Thank you, and I do forget that you need CritElement for affinity to be useful lol
Maybe Ice will be my potent element as of now since my other element charm isn't that good.

Also in regard to Zinogre LBG, should I just made the Styg one or both?
It's always fun to have a Kut-Ku show up on your Jho hunt while wearing armor that has -20 fire res :p

Anybody wanna join me in the fun?

Kutku? Perfect, I just need to test my new Ice LBG set.

Leezard

Thank you, and I do forget that you need CritElement for affinity to be useful lol
Maybe Ice will be my potent element as of now since my other element charm isn't that good.

Just go for the stygian one, it's better than the normal zinogre one anyway.

Oh no, he's not part of the quest. He was a guest monster that showed up in my single jho quest.
*edit: Actually it looks like I do have a Kut-Ku & Jho GQ but it's an Axe bias if you wanna run that?

Shengar

How do we get the super mushroom for the F Mario Hat S?
A HR event where you fought against Congalala and its Emerald cousin which somehow resemble the plumber bros lol
Just go for the stygian one, it's better than the normal zinogre one anyway.
Ok, got it
Oh no, he's not part of the quest. He was a guest monster that showed up in my single jho quest.
*edit: Actually it looks like I do have a Kut-Ku & Jho GQ but it's an Axe bias if you wanna run that?
Oh yeah, it's Jho. Give me time to build my thunder set first :p

Shengar

Okay, my set is ready, post the room please.
Urgh, my blightres is just one point away from activation and I don't have dalam talon to make it :(

Yrael

I just kicked someone from a room for the first time ever. He signed up for Silver Rathalos and carted three times in quick succession (the third time he tried to just stay on top of one of the pillars, but got hit by a fireball and fainted immediately). I checked his armour...it had -40 fire resistance. Yikes. We all pointed it out to him, but he didn't respond and signed up for Akantor. I thought it wouldn't end well but gave him the benefit of the doubt anyway...sure enough, 3 faints again in two minutes. Nope. He didn't give any communication either.

I don't usually use the kick function, but in this case...damn.

(Kind of random, but I really like the crackling noise that Molten Tigrex's blast clouds make, lol. It's rather soothing, like a fireplace.)

You know, I hate to say it, but I may do that. I made that gun just in case this kind of situation arose, despite my distaste for it.

Stay strong. I didn't use the Seregios LBG for this fight.
I probably should have.

Speaking of Monoblos, though, can anyone weigh in on the existence or non-existence of Pellet magnets in 4U? I used the Crimson Blade Shower to RF Pellet on Monoblos' tail and that still felt pretty effective, but I didn't notice it being as effective on Kirin or Zinogre like it used to be.

Top Bottom