• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Iryx

Sweet! That would leave just the waist to get. Though dumb question, does the armor you get starting at 126+ hit rare 10?

I'm no relic gear expert, but as far as I know you can get rare 10 gear from any guild quest once it gets to 126/134 depending on the monster with higher chance from stronger monsters, from memory, 140 double monster quest with rajang has a 40% 1 weapon/40% 1 armor/10% 2 weapon/10% 2 armor for highest tier relic gear from quest rewards with possibility for more, while 140 single Velocidrome has a like 5% chance of 1.

Also, 20-9208-7268-0381, so I can send the quest to you.

Shengar

So, i can get challenger +2, Brawn +10 and weakness exploit in a set with space for another skill with a talisman.

Which skill should i go for in a hammer set? Evasion, Evade dist, KO master or what? I don't need Sharpness +1 for now.
KO master is not worrh it or so I heard.

I'm no relic gear expert, but as far as I know you can get rare 10 gear from any guild quest once it gets to 126/134 depending on the monster with higher chance from stronger monsters, from memory, 140 double monster quest with rajang has a 40% 1 weapon/40% 1 armor/10% 2 weapon/10% 2 armor for highest tier relic gear from quest rewards with possibility for more, while 140 single Velocidrome has a like 5% chance of 1.

Also, 20-9208-7268-0381, so I can send the quest to you.
I can't get on right now since I just started my shift at work but in a few hrs I should be available if you are.

co1onel

Welp sorry I disconnected, but I need to go do something now anyways. I can help again later if you guys still need more tickets.

DooD1234

Shoot, forgot to ask earlier, with the limiter removed on HBG, how good is the wyvern fire? In what situation would that be more useful than crouching fire?

tuffy

Shoot, forgot to ask earlier, with the limiter removed on HBG, how good is the wyvern fire? In what situation would that be more useful than crouching fire?
Wyvern Fire is a barrel bomb-style attack with a long windup that requires point-blank range. It's useful for waking up sleeping monsters, breaking parts, or for taking one last shot at a monster as it goes limping past. Not very useful in general, but I like to fire off a Wyvern Fire shot once in awhile because it's fun.

DooD1234

Wyvern Fire is a barrel bomb-style attack with a long windup that requires point-blank range. It's useful for waking up sleeping monsters, breaking parts, or for taking one last shot at a monster as it goes limping past. Not very useful in general, but I like to fire off a Wyvern Fire shot once in awhile because it's fun.
Sounds okay. I realized the hard way that wyvern fire only works point blank range because I kept missing. Thankfully said target was asleep though.

Wanderer5

Finally got around facing Molten Tigrex. Wow he can be quite a bastard heh. Within two runs I got the parts I needed to upgrade the Seregios Horn through, so soon enough I was able to upgrade it twice. Now I have 1.3k attack and an additional big talon looking like it going to close in on me from above!XD Think there just only one more upgrade, which includes conqueror's seals.

Shengar

Anyone want to do something?
Something I've always wondered...

I'm making an armor set that will have Thunder Atk +2 and Latent Power +2. I plan on using it with a thunder Sword & Shield.
The Latent Power boost - does that apply to base damage only and not elemental damage, or does it apply to both?
I'm not so sure but I think the bonus only applied to raw aka physical damage

I feel like I deal too little damage. I use SnS with (at least) Atk Up M and an element the monster is weak too. But I find myself carting a lot and taking way too long to kill anything.

I'm at Rank G and while I understand monsters deal a lot more damage, I find myself killing them at 40 minutes...

I feel like I deal too little damage. I use SnS with (at least) Atk Up M and an element the monster is weak too. But I find myself carting a lot and taking way too long to kill anything.

I'm at Rank G and while I understand monsters deal a lot more damage, I find myself killing them at 40 minutes...

I do fine with it. A SNS should be hitting a monster non-stop. If you're not doing that, you're not playing SNS well.

Shengar

SnS bread and butter is elemental damage not raw.

Almost all my mixed sets use my Kaiser X chest cause it's the only one with the highest number of handicraft points in it and damn it it has a built in cape! But using those 2 Crimson Fatalis Z parts that have +5 arcana in them I can get Arcana, evasion +1, handicraft and I still have 6 slots to play with.

Shengar

Almost all my mixed sets use my Kaiser X chest cause it's the only one with the highest number of handicraft points in it and damn it it has a built in cape! But using those 2 Crimson Fatalis Z parts that have +5 arcana in them I can get Arcana, evasion +1, handicraft and I still have 6 slots to play with.
C'mon, test those set with us :p

That's exactly what I'm doing. What are you using?
My best set is a Sleep Bombing SnS with Nerscylla's SnS.
I made a set of every elemental and poison, and late G, blast. In most of G rank I started using IG, so maybe I don't know everything.

Start
A+X/R+X, X, X, A, A
then
(pause) R+X, X, X, A, A
or (Back+A) X, X, X, A, A
or B at any time to dodge/reposition, A+X/R+X, X, X, A, A
Repeat
(If you're doing the third X where you take a few step forwards then swing don't do that)

I think the longest I've taken on ANYTHING with any weapon is 30+ minutes against Rajang. Most things is 10 minutes, 6 mimnutes for weaker stuff, 15-20 for harder stuff or things I suck at 9so most fights is 15-20 min :p)

If you're just exaggerating with 40 minute fights and have times like mine then I guess you're doing fine.

I made a set of every elemental and poison, and late G, blast. In most of G rank I started using IG, so maybe I don't know everything.

Start
A+X/R+X, X, X, A, A
then
(pause) R+X, X, X, A, A
or (Back+A) X, X, X, A, A
or B at any time to dodge/reposition, A+X/R+X, X, X, A, A
Repeat
(If you're doing the third X where you take a few step forwards then swing don't do that)

I think the longest I've taken on ANYTHING with any weapon is 30+ minutes against Rajang. Most things is 10 minutes, 6 mimnutes for weaker stuff, 15-20 for harder stuff or things I suck at 9so most fights is 15-20 min :p)

If you're just exaggerating with 40 minute fights and have times like mine then I guess you're doing fine.

I know about the combo, it's what I usually use.
Just now killed a Berserk Tetsucabra in 10 minutes, using my Sleep Bombing set (which is my most effective one, in terms of time), but before that I triple carted against Gravios, which I had been fighting against for more than 30 minutes, and didn't even see it limping...

I know about the combo, it's what I usually use.
Just now killed a Berserk Tetsucabra in 10 minutes, using my Sleep Bombing set (which is my most effective one, in terms of time), but before that I triple carted against Gravios, which I had been fighting against for more than 30 minutes, and didn't even see it limping...

I find a ledge near gravios and mount him 100 times a fight. X+A near a ledge does a mount double attack both down and UP a ledge. Zoom in on the map (start, Y) and stay near any yellow line

I find a ledge near gravios and mount him 100 times a fight. X+A near a ledge does a mount double attack both down and UP a ledge. Zoom in on the map (start, Y) and stay near any yellow line

I know, that's great about Gravios. I managed to mount him about 20 times, and broke all its parts. But it still wouldn't even limp after 30 minutes...

I'm in HR7 and caravan 7, but I still haven't unlock the caravan 6 quest to upgrade the last canteen ingredient. And I've complete all caravan 6 quest.

What do I need to do to unlock the final egg-stration quest in caravan 6? Do I need to complete the previous egg-stration quest in prior caravan quests to unlock this?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm in HR7 and caravan 7, but I still haven't unlock the caravan 6 quest to upgrade the last canteen ingredient. And I've complete all caravan 6 quest.

What do I need to do to unlock the final egg-stration quest in caravan 6? Do I need to complete the previous egg-stration quest in prior caravan quests to unlock this?
Yes you do.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

You need to do the previous egstraction:wyvern quest to get it and it isn't even the last one.

Top Bottom