• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

Anyone up for some G Arena? Want to make that G Knight set >:D
I'd love to in about 4 hours from now. Want to whip up a better Torso Up leg piece that looks better than Tetsucabra's.

I'd also like to do some high rank arena at some point because I have a mad notion for a (different) armor set that would require a Torso Up head piece.

ConmanIX

I'd love to in about 4 hours from now. Want to whip up a better Torso Up leg piece that looks better than Tetsucabra's.

I'd also like to do some high rank arena at some point because I have a mad notion for a (different) armor set that would require a Torso Up head piece.

Cool. I should be on then!

Wiseblade

Anyone want to help me grind some HR monsters to upgrade my weapons? Looking To stary with the gold/Silver Rath for now.

ID: 42-6491-1219-6931.

Anyone want to help me grind some HR monsters to upgrade my weapons? Looking To stary with the gold/Silver Rath for now.

ID: 42-6491-1219-6931.

I can help in an hour? Just gotta do some other stuff real quick.

*edit: Just wanna say thanks to everybody who joined me on the Jho hunts :D

For Monoblos and Diablos, I lock them down with flashbombs and traps. I don't have time for their bullshit. ;)

Oh, that's smart. I didn't think about Flashbombs. I should also bring some Sonics too.

I didn't find Diablos all that difficult, to be honest. Yeah, I used some pots, but I was scared to death of fighting him after the beating I took from him in MH3U. Ended up pleasantly surprised.

Oh, that's smart. I didn't think about Flashbombs. I should also bring some Sonics too.

I didn't find Diablos all that difficult, to be honest. Yeah, I used some pots, but I was scared to death of fighting him after the beating I took from him in MH3U. Ended up pleasantly surprised.

Black Diablos in 3U was silly in 4U he is ok thank goodness

tuffy

Isn't Black Diablos is a female Diablos in heat?
I think so.

She can still be pretty unpleasant to deal with in 4U - like that "launch from the ground, then spin around and charge anyone who might've superman-dived" move. But now that we've got Glaives and such, there's more ways to lock her down.

Shengar

How to deal with blos
Drag out battle while unrage>burrow>sonicbomb>hit hit hit>sheaths weapon>escape>flashbomb>hit hit hit
It's great for breaking horn

Beats

The -blos monsters take lots of damage from Blast, so I usually go with that when hunting them. Makes breaking the horns really easy too.

New player here. How do you manage to break LR Great Jaggi's frills when it dies way too fast?

Mounting it twice should work and then maybe a few hits to the head.

DooD1234

Is HBG crouching fire worth using? Seems useless solo but could be great in team. What a good HBG to build for HR at the moment as well. Currently using the Narajala HBG.

tuffy

Is HBG crouching fire worth using? Seems useless solo but could be great in team. What a good HBG to build for HR at the moment as well. Currently using the Narajala HBG.
If the monster's tired, trying to eat, sleeping, or otherwise not likely to attack you, there are some times you can get away with crouch-firing solo. Not many, though. That's why it's common to take the limiter off and forego that move in favor of the attack power boost.

The Najarala's one of your better options in high rank. The Tigrex line eventually turns into the best normal shot gun available, and Daora's turns into the second best non-crouching pierce gun, but it'll be awhile before those really start to shine.

Diablos and Sand Barioth kicked my ass in 3U. I haven't noticed much of a difference between Mono and Di aside that Monoblos charge attacks more often. And I haven't noticed Black Diablos being any different than 3U aside from her new ability to link moves together really smoothly.

I guess I should also keep my Palico at base?

Yeah, I'd leave them. Palicos like to ruin smoke bomb tactics, too, when dealing with two monsters in an arena. :mad:

My experience with randoms in HR and early G-rank is that they mount early and often, so there's a ton of chances to use crouching fire. And it is glorious. For solo play, you can roll into crouching fire by pressing X during the rolling animation which might give you some opportunities to use it, but in general it's too risky for solo play unless you really know the monster's patterns.

For Normal, the Najarala and the Molten Tigrex guns are both pretty good. For Pierce, I like the Plesioth gun because you don't need to use Recoil Down with it, and the Daora and Ukanlos guns are good, too.

PKrockin

The Flying F-Bomb Palico team attack gives me 2 big crouching fire opportunities per hunt on average.

DooD1234

My experience with randoms in HR and early G-rank is that they mount early and often, so there's a ton of chances to use crouching fire. And it is glorious. For solo play, you can roll into crouching fire by pressing X during the rolling animation which might give you some opportunities to use it, but in general it's too risky for solo play unless you really know the monster's patterns.

For Normal, the Najarala and the Molten Tigrex guns are both pretty good. For Pierce, I like the Plesioth gun because you don't need to use Recoil Down with it, and the Daora and Ukanlos guns are good, too.
I did not know I could roll into crouching fire lol. Guess I picked the right HBG on my first try lol. Looking into Doara and tigers line a little later. Thanks for the help.
The Flying F-Bomb Palico team attack gives me 2 big crouching fire opportunities per hunt on average.
Yeah,that team attack amazing for Gunners and has a hilarious attack name to boot.

Demoli

Gravios is actually fun fighting with an evade lance.

Never thought i'd ever say this in regards to a melee weapon.

Still won't drop me a Pallium tho.

Can you unlock Apex Gravios from normal Gravios?

I didn't even notice this but the two armor pieces I got from the expeditions earlier had Arcana +5 in them which means I have awakening but now i'm lost on how to mix em proper.

Something I've always wondered...

I'm making an armor set that will have Thunder Atk +2 and Latent Power +2. I plan on using it with a thunder Sword & Shield.
The Latent Power boost - does that apply to base damage only and not elemental damage, or does it apply to both?

I just saw/fought Deviljho for the first time in the Caravan 9* key quest. I was prepared with my poison weapon, since Kiranico says he is weak to poison.

Honestly blew my mind how easy he was... probably one of the easiest if not THE easiest big monster in high rank caravan so far. I was expecting him to be way harder.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just saw/fought Deviljho for the first time in the Caravan 9* key quest. I was prepared with my poison weapon, since Kiranico says he is weak to poison.

Honestly blew my mind how easy he was... probably one of the easiest if not THE easiest big monster in high rank caravan so far. I was expecting him to be way harder.

Savage Jho is the challenging one, especially when he crashes a big G-rank hunt.

Demoli

So, i can get challenger +2, Brawn +10 and weakness exploit in a set with space for another skill with a talisman.

Which skill should i go for in a hammer set? Evasion, Evade dist, KO master or what? I don't need Sharpness +1 for now.

Top Bottom