• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

I'm tearing my fucking hair out trying to get a sharpness +5 3 slot or sharpness +6 2 slot. Or better. Am I wasting my time? I've been charm farming for hours.

DooD1234

Thanks for the help Beats, Claratine (whatever ur Gaf name is), and lens for carrying my ass through rank 7 key quest (and all of rank 6) even if I had no idea what was happening with Dalamadur and ukanlos. Oh and we have those pesky egg quest out of the way.

That said anyone got advice for The Caravaneer Challenge quest? The Capital C think he's funny giving me this pain in the ass quest.

Shengar

Never build sets around charms you don't have. That's all I can say.
Aggreed. Too much RNG And mundane task involved.
Thanks for the help Beats, Claratine (whatever ur Gaf name is), and lens for carrying my ass through rank 7 key quest (and all of rank 6) even if I had no idea what was happening with Dalamadur and ukanlos. Oh and we have those pesky egg quest out of the way.

That said anyone got advice for The Caravaneer Challenge quest? The Capital C think he's funny giving me this pain in the ass quest.
Let Rajang beat Zinogre to death
Or easier way is to let Rajang beat Zinogre as much your health can take all the punishment while baiting it to use Kamehameha breath, use farcaster, rest, wait for a while until their aggro reset, enter and immediately throw smoke bomb. Hope that none of them notice you right away.
Agreed. Go with what you have and make the best of it.
I can imagine the frustation. Charm table is massive and trying to make a set on a charm you don't have is only doing yourself a disservice.

Thing is I can make a very slightly worse set that has Challenger +1 instead of Challenger +2, but I KNOW there's charms out there that'll let me get it just right.

EDIT: My best charm by far is a handicraft +5, evasion +7 one slot, but can't get honed blade with that.

cheesekao

Any rooms up at the moment?

Thing is I can make a very slightly worse set that has Challenger +1 instead of Challenger +2, but I KNOW there's charms out there that'll let me get it just right.

EDIT: My best charm by far is a handicraft +5, evasion +7 one slot, but can't get honed blade with that.
You can but it requires furious rajang, miralis and rusted kushala parts.

Wolfe

Let Rajang beat Zinogre to death
Or easier way is to let Rajang beat Zinogre as much your health can take all the punishment while baiting it to use Kamehameha breath, use farcaster, rest, wait for a while until their aggro reset, enter and immediately throw smoke bomb. Hope that none of them notice you right away.

I found just throwing smoke right from the get go and taking out Zinogre solo first while Rajang paces around to be the fastest and easiest way to clear it. Pretty easy to have Zinogre down in 5+ minutes and then you're free to focus solely on Rajang uninterrupted. Once he's down it's just a typical Shagaru fight after that.

Honestly using that method feels like it kind of trivializes the fight lol, compared to Master's Test the Caravaneer's 'Challenge' is more like a 'task' :p

And on a side note coming off of a game with strong 3D like MonHun I'm kind of sad to see XC:3D have such poor depth to it's 3D.

Any rooms up at the moment?

You can but it requires furios rajang, miralis and rusted kushala parts.

How? (and razor sharp?) I'm basically trying to get Razor Sharp, Honed Blade, Bombardier and...something else good. Challenger 2 seems obvious with the furious rajang parts Im using but without a great charm I can't get past 1.

cheesekao

How? (and razor sharp?) I'm basically trying to get Razor Sharp, Honed Blade, Bombardier and...something else good. Challenger 2 seems obvious with the furious rajang parts Im using but without a great charm I can't get past 1.
There are a few ways but this should work i think.
Miralis Diadem (or anything with 3 slots)
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
miralis leggings

There are a few ways but this should work i think.
Miralis Diadem (or anything with 3 slots)
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula Grip
Grand Divine Ire Obi
miralis leggings

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c...'s+*SS+MH4U+1.01b.rar#39;s_ASS_MH4U_1.01b.rar
This software is very useful allows you to plan your builds based on what charms you have.

So I can get Honed Blade, Razor Sharp, Challenger 2 and Bombardier on that? Athena doesn't seem to believe so.

I've currently got

Rebellion Helm Z
Grand Divine Ire Robe
Kujula grip
Grand Divine Obi
Grand Divine Feet

But I can't quite make it fit with the charms I have. I can't get the skills I want period with the charms I have, and getting honed blade + razor sharp + bombardier + something else good is my goal, but that seems impossible with the charms I have.

cheesekao

Really huh? The jump from Challenger 1 to Challenger 2 is better than No Bombardier to Bombardier?

Challenger +2 Attack is increased +25 Attack and Affinity +20% when a monster is enraged.

Challenger +1 Attack is increased +10 and Affinity +10% when a monster is enraged.

It is.

Beats

Rght right. Why is that even a thing, anyway? Why have a fake attack rating visible on top of a real one?

I guess it's a way of showing that a big and slow weapon like a greatsword does more damage per hit than say an SnS even though they're balanced to have the same attack. Might be more newbie friendly too.

tm24

I'm not sure who I hate more. Red Khezu or Tidal Najarala. Seregios was a breeze and got to upgrade my GS after doing the urgent with my hunting friend. Now setting on 2 rank 9 seregios. Just need those conqueror seals to finish the GS and HH

G2 here we come!

PrankT

Hammer people, I got a relic with 1716 raw, natural purple, 260 poison (needs awaken), 0 affinity, 20 defense at level 2, and one decoration slot. Seems like some good stats to me, but it's only level 9. Thoughts?

Also, what's the best way to get caravan points? I wasted almost all of mine when I accidentally upgraded this hammer and saved the game when I didn't mean to.

Leezard

Hammer people, I got a relic with 1716 raw, natural purple, 260 poison (needs awaken), 0 affinity, 20 defense at level 2, and one decoration slot. Seems like some good stats to me, but it's only level 9. Thoughts?

Also, what's the best way to get caravan points? I wasted almost all of mine when I accidentally upgraded this hammer and saved the game when I didn't mean to.

Yeah, that's good. Fatalis Iregard, the best non-relic raw hammer in the game, has 1612 raw, no slots, no defense and you need sharpness+1 for purple.

Shengar

Get Felyne Caravaneer and do G Rank expedition. They net you about 8k-10k per hunt if you hunt down all 5 monsters. Took 30 minutes-1 hours depending on what monsters that appears and your own skill. Just pray that Savage Jho, White Monoblos, and Black Diablos don't appear consecutively.

Top Bottom