• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Ultrabum

Is weakness exploiter a good skill On hammer or should I go for something else?

I have Heavy Hitter, Evade distance and Spirit +2 with 3 slots left on a torso up body and 3 other slots to fill.

I think it's really good if you are hitting the head, usually.

Weakness exploit apply after other buffs and is % based, makes it kinda cool.

Wurliwurm

hello :) i would need help with my urgent quest for g rank. i helped many guys do this quest but whenever i host they leave. i hope someone here can help me.
ID: 07-9715-4659-2964
thanks

Leezard

I tried out the Insect glaive for the first time today.

What an insane weapon. It's so easy to cc a monster whenever you want, and you have good damage.

PrankT

I've only tried the insect glaive once and didn't understand it, but I know it's one of the best weapons in the game from seeing others use it at a high level. I want to learn it soon and make a set for it.

Shengar

I've only tried the insect glaive once and didn't understand it, but I know it's one of the best weapons in the game from seeing others use it at a high level. I want to learn it soon and make a set for it.

Easy step to understand IG:
Take juices>mount>rinse and repeat

Leezard

The one bad thing I find about the insect glaive is that its almost too good.

Well, pretty much. Mounting is overpowered compared to other forms of cc. You can mount a monster 3-4 times without giving anything up really, while you might not even be able to stun them once with a hammer during a fight since the harder monsters are difficult to hit on the head. You'll struggle a lot more to paralyze a monster several times rather than mount it several times as well.

PrankT

You and jorgejjvr do great with it and I think, ok time to make one. Then I get confused with the whole process. I've even watched the "how to" video by gaijen hunter, and an all a bit confused...and that's just the process to make one.

Beats

Hmm, would four SnS users with Blast weapons take down Gogmazios pretty quickly? It does 500 damage everytime it blows up. The threshold can get pretty high though, but you'd be applying so much blast that I don't think it would matter that much.

Neki

Hmm, would four SnS users with Blast weapons take down Gogmazios pretty quickly? It does 500 damage everytime it blows up. The threshold can get pretty high though, but you'd be applying so much blast that I don't think it would matter that much.
Fire is much better, especially if you are hitting the head. Blast is an okay alternative though. But hitting the head is really only an option with an IG user because Gog is super easy to mount.
I really enjoy the GoG fight as an IG user, I just stay near his hind legs the whole fight and whack away, and I mount him whenever I feel like the team needs it.

upandaway

I've had a lot of trouble learning Najarala, he's such a unique monster to fight... until I tried the IG on him once yesterday.

Weapon pretty much destroys him. The fact you can combo anything into the jump trivializes the fight. Stay close to him, jump before he attacks, land some more hits on the way to land next to him. The hits pretty much never stop and he can't catch you at all. It also feels really good. It's also very easy to get all 3 essences on him in seconds.

I think the IG would make more sense with a DPS comparable to say DS, it's ridiculously good right now.

How easy is it for people who have never played anything monster hunter before to get into this game? I just randomly impulse bought it cause I was bored, in an RPG mood, and heard it got great reviews.

Leezard

How easy is it for people who have never played anything monster hunter before to get into this game? I just randomly impulse bought it cause I was bored, in an RPG mood, and heard it got great reviews.

It's probably the best entry in the series for a new player to get into. If you have played anything in the Souls series before you should have an easier time getting into it.

miniDood

Neo Member
Can anyone help me with this Black Gravios Urgent Quest (HR 5)?
RM CODE: 40-1451-4663-9429
PASS: 2525

Any help would be appreciated :)

edit: Thanks to everyone that helped!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Finally beat HR caravan fatallis for the first time with about 8 minutes to spare (I'm mid G1, fighting tidal najarala now)

I wenet in with 10 scatterfish, 10 large barrels, 10 gunpowders, 3 barrel bomb Ls, 2 barrel bomb L+s, and all 5 combo books (so barrel bomb combo rate was 100%. Used all 18 barrel bomb Ls/L+s before the clock was down to 24 minututes left, with 17 of them hitting, then poked away at it with my gunlance for the next ~15 minutes.

Such a stupid fight.

Ultrabum

I just saw a guy rocking a JP DLC armor. Did he hack the game?

There are 2 ways to get DLC items that have not released yet:

1. Hack the game so they just show up on your save file.

2. Do some fancy router stuff to download the JP DLC as ????????? and farm it and craft the items like normal.

The first is generally frowned upon the second is more ambiguous. Some people are OK with it, others not.

There are 2 ways to get DLC items that have not released yet:

1. Hack the game so they just show up on your save file.

2. Do some fancy router stuff to download the JP DLC as ????????? and farm it and craft the items like normal.

The first is generally frowned upon the second is more ambiguous. Some people are OK with it, others not.

Thank you, I'll definitely try the JP DLC trick at some point.

do I ever unlock G rank palico quests?
Nah, they only get high rank but eventually you'll start getting Rare 8-10 scraps from the elder dragons they fight. But to get those you have to basically be at end game yourself.

**Forgot to mention once you get your final fishing machine upgrade it will start getting G level scraps too.

Shengar

Does anyone have colorful feast quest, day 2 of trying to get Immenseness tickets so far only have 1 :(.
Join a room that doing unreleased G Rank abd hoped they'll be doing high level stuffs such as G Rank Dalamadur. Many of those quests are guaranteed to drop Immenseness S than Colorful Fest.

Tried solo Shah, my god he's MORE annoying than the regular one. I don't know how close I was to killing him but I ended up having to end via sub cause the last 2 minutes were nothing but meteor and lazor spam >.>

So I've only played for like an Hour and I'm already completely lost lol. I did all the currently available level 2 quests (Ancestral Steppe Fungus Run, Den Mothers, Kelbi Cure-All) and after I completed them nothing happened. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do now since there's no more quests available and the game isn't really telling me anything.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I've only played for like an Hour and I'm already completely lost lol. I did all the currently available level 2 quests (Ancestral Steppe Fungus Run, Den Mothers, Kelbi Cure-All) and after I completed them nothing happened. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do now since there's no more quests available and the game isn't really telling me anything.
Open world map and go on an Expidition?

tuffy

If you're ever stuck, you either need to do a quest, talk to somebody with a little yellow dialogue box, or go on an expedition. So since you've done all the available quests, either look for somebody you might need to talk to or check the map to see if there's the tutorial expedition available.

If you're ever stuck, you either need to do a quest, talk to somebody with a little yellow dialogue box, or go on an expedition. So since you've done all the available quests, either look for somebody you might need to talk to or check the map to see if there's the tutorial expedition available.

I dont see anyone I need to talk to. I've talked to everyone in the town (people walking by, the shop keepers, etc.) but nothings happened. How do you go on expeditions? I checked the map and I dont see anything.

Edit: I went to the gathering hall and now I see some quests

Top Bottom