• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

co1onel

Yeah, that's good. Fatalis Iregard, the best non-relic raw hammer in the game, has 1612 raw, no slots, no defense and you need sharpness+1 for purple.

The fatalis iregard is also 1716 once honed for attack, but the natural purple on the relic is definitely nice, as long as its a decent amount.

upandaway

Oh bummer. Dang thing took me 30 minutes, I hoped at least it was supposed to be really hard or something.

Man my weapons are all underleveled

Pierate

Fuck I can't decide if I hate gravios or khezu the most, worst goddamn monster designs ever. Fuck these guys. Sorry for the swearing but damn, never been so close to throwing my ds into the wall before. Black gravios needs to stop existing.

Shengar

Fuck I can't decide if I hate gravios or khezu the most, worst goddamn monster designs ever. Fuck these guys. Sorry for the swearing but damn, never been so close to throwing my ds into the wall before. Black gravios needs to stop existing.
I can help you against them if you want.
The moment I see G rank B Gravios can walk while fire fartin, the moment I decides to take arms and become gunner.

upandaway

I can help you against them if you want.
The moment I see G rank B Gravios can walk while fire fartin, the moment I decides to take arms and become gunner.
Haha I picked up a gun after doing Gravios once with a lance. No way I'm using anything else on him.

After making his HR armor both for melee and gunning I can more or less kill him and B. Gravios with LBG without getting hit once, easily if it's multiplayer. So much calmer and nicer

cheesekao

Gunlance + Guard Boost = Problem solved

Any tips for Kushala Daora? I blew through all of my flash bombs quickly, then I couldn't chase him down before the time ran out. His flying is worse than Rathalos! He almost never lands!

Shengar

I needed to farm 3 B. Pallium in total. :(
At least I got rich by the end of that farm.

So you got all of that three or still farming it?
The thing is, bringing 4 gunners will make it piss easy
But then you can't cut its tail which mean you just lose two 2% chances for a Pallium carve!!11!

Leezard

So you got all of that three or still farming it?
The thing is, bringing 4 gunners will make it piss easy
But then you can't cut its tail which mean you just lose two 2% chances for a Pallium carve!!11!

Nah, I have them all by now. I had stacks of more than 200 of its most common parts by the end.

Pierate

Screw it, I'm learning bow. What do I need to know and what's a good bow and set to start out with (mid/late high rank)? I think I want to go for power shot and probably straight or whatever the midrange one is called.

tuffy

Any tips for Gogma? i might try my first Gogma soon..
Stay around or behind his back legs. His most lethal attack is his heat beam explosions, but even he's not dumb enough to hit himself with them.

And if he decides to fly, climb out of the courtyard and onto the walls or he'll blast you to bits from above.

redcrayon

Any tips for Gogma? i might try my first Gogma soon..
Learn how all the extra weapons work. If you haven't finished caravan 9, it's worth doing just for the battlequarters tutorial.

If you don't know what to do, watch others, and load the cannon. It uses up to five cannonballs, they'll show you when to fire (when gog is in front of it, obviously!).
You need to have the cannon platform over the dragonator for the dragonator button to be available in your items commands (like the baliista binder when fighting Dhen).
If you have a high defence, get down on the ground and help cut Gog's tail. Don't stand in front of him on the ground, he'll murder you.
When the hunters on the battlements knock the dragonator off Gog's back (mounting helps), hunters on the ground can use it as an extra one-shot dragonator. Don't waste it.
When restraints become available (the square tiles on the ground, hit them like a hunting gong), look at which way they are pointing and don't waste them.
When Gog flys, leave the area and heal/sharpen- the ground becomes a total deathtrap of fire and explosives.
If you have upgraded the Wyseum through various quests, you may have access to upgraded ballista bolts and demolisher ammo- use them.
Break his wingtalons, not his feet.

Before heading into the fight, it's worth quickly deciding who is going to do what- you don't all need to use the cannon, but at least one needs to stay up there to load it, fire it and bait Gog onto the dragonator when it's ready. If you haven't fought him before, you are better off on the battlements so you can see the fight play out and learn, rather than just having a good view of Gog's bollocks.

Ultimately, much like Jhen/Dhen Moran, watch the other hunters, it's a complex fight at first.

ShinNL

Is it possible to trade Palicos online? I looked up the information too late and now that I'm high rank in offline, I have a hard time to find even my first healing Palico.

Leezard

On the topic of palicoes, does anyone have any Unreal Blockers they can share? It's the one type of palicoes I have never encountered.

I have skill technician and all fortes.

Demoli

Is weakness exploiter a good skill On hammer or should I go for something else?

I have Heavy Hitter, Evade distance and Spirit +2 with 3 slots left on a torso up body and 3 other slots to fill.

upandaway

I can make either Seregios GS, LBG or HBG. Which one should I go for?

Already have the hammer, don't really want the lance or the armor, so these are pretty much my options anyway even if I grind

Man, a 126 Jho just refused to die with my dang toothpicks but I dropped him finally. Gave me a ton of rewards and a lance. Now, I don't normally use lance but this one is kinda interesting.

*Rare 10 Silver Prominence with natural white and a ton of purple sharpness with handicraft. 667 atk awakened water 480 with 10% affinity and defense + 20. Oh and +5 Nimbleness.

Leezard

I have them, like three or two. Want the blocker palicoes?

Yeah, that would be really helpful! I won't be able to join a room for a while as I am in one of those rare JP dlc rooms and I want to use it for as long as I can, but it would be great if I could get them next time we hunt together. :)

Shengar

Yeah, that would be really helpful! I won't be able to join a room for a while as I am in one of those rare JP dlc rooms and I want to use it for as long as I can, but it would be great if I could get them next time we hunt together. :)
No worries, I'm farming B Gravios pallium with random myself.

Iryx

So close to done with my guild card, all that remains are the 4 crown awards. Probably going to take forever to grind those out.

Top Bottom