• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

tuffy

I dont see anyone I need to talk to. I've talked to everyone in the town (people walking by, the shop keepers, etc.) but nothings happened. How do you go on expeditions? I checked the map and I dont see anything.

Edit: I went to the gathering hall and now I see some quests
The Gathering Hall is like its own separate line of quests that's unrelated to the main story. You could do them, but they'd be harder than you're used to since they're balanced for multiple players.

Expeditions are the little blue circle icon that shows up when you tap on the World Map. A couple of them are required pretty early on as a tutorial of sorts.

Moodkip

Can anyone help me with the High Rank Akantor Event Quest for the Zelda stuff?

Gathering hall ID: 25-3876-3908-5823
Pass: 0000

The Gathering Hall is like its own separate line of quests that's unrelated to the main story. You could do them, but they'd be harder than you're used to since they're balanced for multiple players.

Expeditions are the little blue circle icon that shows up when you tap on the World Map. A couple of them are required pretty early on as a tutorial of sorts.

Oh. I don't see any blue icons on the world map.

Edit: Finally some guy did a quest for me in the town

Shengar

Honestly the main series feels like a unique type of action RPG.:p I guess this is looking to be more traditional JRPG like, but eh, I shall hold judgement till gameplay is shown.
Taming monsters would be a nice. Honestly I'm kinda tired killing them over and over, making me feel horrible sometime.

Moodkip

I think something might be wrong with my connection, since both you guys exited at the same time :( sorry.

But, thanks so much for your help, PrankT & Zetani! You guys really helped me out a lot. Let me know if you have any tips for my online etiquette, I don't play online very often.

Thanks again!

Wolfe

Anyone happen to have the quest that gives Hunter's tickets? (and would mind running it with me at least a few times lol) I managed to get one while randomly doing some JP dlc a while back with a random and wouldn't mind making the rest of the set for the look.

Beats

Got everything done from HR1 to HR6 today. Just got a handful of quests left in 7 and I'll be done Low/High/G1/G2.

Looks like I can start getting Cosmic tickets now too.

Wolfe

Thanks again for the help guys. No deaths and it went smooth.

After doing that fight so many times for a gem and never getting one I got super bored of it and gave up lol. Which was why I was so surprised to carve 2 and then get another in the sub rewards XD

PKrockin

Holy crap upgrading my Hermitaur X armor with a bunch of Heavy and Strong Armor Spheres makes such a difference. The problem is, and this is the reason I hadn't upgraded it much to this point, each piece upgrades three times with Heavy Armor Spheres. That makes a total of 15 needed to fully upgrade the set. Even with charm farming I still don't have enough to upgrade my Hermitaur Z gunner armor.

Quadratic

After doing that fight so many times for a gem and never getting one I got super bored of it and gave up lol. Which was why I was so surprised to carve 2 and then get another in the sub rewards XD

Dat desire sensor lol.

I only need one more run (common parts) to craft gloves for my gunner set. Going to make a mixed set for the Segerios LBG.

Wanderer5

Lol G Brachydios. I was in a hunt where the three other players were fighting him at the very top part of that middle area in frozen seaway as I was coming in from the bottom. As I was making some noise with the horn for some boosts, he turned and did his quick run all the way to me lol. Man seeing that purple dino run so fast from there to where I was at is like one of the funniest things I seen in this game.XD

Wolfe

Dat desire sensor lol.

I only need one more run (common parts) to craft gloves for my gunner set. Going to make a mixed set for the Segerios LBG.

The funny part (well to me at least) is that I usually get the really rare items rather quickly and am able to make the gear I want without much wait but with Gog's weaps I only made them cause I thought they looked cool and not because I actually wanted to use them on serious hunts :p

Unrelated but this New 3DS XL is killing my hands without a grip. I didn't much care for the form factor of the CPP but at least it gave me something to hold onto. Plus having the XYAB buttons lowered is kind of awkward and I find myself pressing the wrong button at times. Although there's moments where I get lost in the noticeable smoothness of the improved framerate and I forget all about my ergonomic concerns...

I ended up ordering some random 5 dollar grip from amazon (for 5 bucks [+5 for shipping] I figured I'd give it a try before venturing out into the import sites) that looked decent and was reviewing well but the estimated delivery is anywhere from 2-5 weeks -_-

Of course there were no other shipping options either.

I don't know if anyone else is having similar issues with the N3DSXL but I'll post up here again with what I thought of it once I get some time with it.

I need more Jho stuff (lol crook) if anybody wants to join I'll make a room.

I'm up for a few runs if you're still up for this.

Can anyone recommend good low-level armor for a hammer user? I'm getting sick of my Velociprey set, and the blacksmith is giving me a ton of options right now.

Any MH bros wanna play for awhile? just getting quests cleared or random things low high G 1 / G2 / G3 i got like 2 hours to fly before mail gets here

Shengar

So you can upgrade Sororal armor piece up to level 26 each. You need to use Divine Armor Sphere at level 13.
Yeah....that's a lot of armor spheres

Found some awesome hunters online, we helped each other with the Ukanlos urgent, then we did some G1 quests. <3

I really need to unlock G Magara.

Yrael

Would anyone mind dropping by to help me out with HR7 Dalamadur? :)

ID:48-7737-3623-0594
Passcode:1111

Edit: never mind

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Speaking of missing out stuff, I just randomly decided to talk to the grand elder of cathra or whatever he's called, and he had a yellow dialogue box. Looks like his little sanctuary area isn't included on the bottom screen.

this kicked off a bunch of new High rank quests I'm doing now, starting with a seltas capture

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Spend 3 hours with 1 person with skype trying to S rank B Tigrex - nothing
Do 2 S Nerscylla runs with a random, 0 communication - get S rank

wtf

Can anyone recommend good low-level armor for a hammer user? I'm getting sick of my Velociprey set, and the blacksmith is giving me a ton of options right now.

Follow-up question: do I even want to be getting new armor sets right now, or should I just be adding armor spheres to what I already have?

And I'd love some Hammer recommendations!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Speaking of missing out stuff, I just randomly decided to talk to the grand elder of cathra or whatever he's called, and he had a yellow dialogue box. Looks like his little sanctuary area isn't included on the bottom screen.

this kicked off a bunch of new High rank quests I'm doing now, starting with a seltas capture

Quoting this because holy shit.

Yrael

Squeee, I'm HR47 now. :) Just need to do one more urgent quest before G rank, apparently. I'll tackle that one later, time for me to rest!

Wolfe

@Jimmy Stav:

My suggestion, go ahead and make new armor if you feel like it. I wouldn't go out of your way to make something you're not really into but it's usually enough enough to finish a set off. (no idea what rank you're in, assumed HR at first but then edited my reply because I have no idea!)

As for hammers, even though the negative crit sucks the Ukanlos hammer (if you're not near him yet then I recommend the Seltas hammer, only because it has an engine and a big ass drill) is rather easy to make once you have access to him and I haven't seen another hammer yet that beats its raw damage.

My vote for ugliest hammer prolly still goes to the Gog one though.

What is a better charge blade path, Dear Lutema or Axelion Blade?

Just make them both my dude, it's what I did! :p

Leezard

Follow-up question: do I even want to be getting new armor sets right now, or should I just be adding armor spheres to what I already have?

And I'd love some Hammer recommendations!
Once you get into early high rank, get the Potio Bocciolo. It's an amazing hammer at the time with good raw, some white sharpness and much blue sharpness. I ran this hammer for a long time in high rank.
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/hammer/potio-bocciolo

upandaway

What is a better charge blade path, Dear Lutema or Axelion Blade?
I like the Impact for the exhaust damage, and the CB is already super powerful, but I still haven't seen a clear answer in regards to how effective element phials are on CBs. I'd like this cleared up too

Top Bottom