• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More bad behavior at Yellowstone - man walks off boardwalk and dies in hot spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeblue

Man, my heart is breaking for his family. He died doing something reckless, right in front of his sister, and they have nothing to bury. What an awful way to go.

Nodnol

I feel sorry for his sister. Must be haunting, to see your brother slip into the water and know that he basically melted.

One bloke doing it out of curiosity/stupidity is one thing, but if people do it as a stunt, for YouTube for example, then it's utterly deplorable.

I can appreciate how they've built the boardwork, allowing for the tourists to be close to the feature, but I can imagine after a while they'll have to erect a fence along the entire length.

For me, that scene in Dante's Peak means I'd never even entertain the idea of going anywhere near the edge of one of those pools.

Holy shit.

Boiled to the point where his body doesn't even existed anymore.

That is nightmare-inducing.

The poor sister will probably be traumatized for years.

What an awful way to fucking die. Boiled alive in a super hot mud pot to a point that there is fucking nothing for them to recover. Hopefully this is a lesson to the other jokesters out there who don't pay attention to the fucking signs.

They are trying to save your fucking life so shit like this doesn't happen.

SeriousApes

I was just there earlier last month, right after the park opened. I do remember seeing a few footprints near the boardwalk at Norris. Looked small, like a little kids. I can understand curious children doing things like that, but it really irritates me when you hear about people defacing natural wonders or spray painting over petroglyphs or other things like that. Like, come on people.

Ouch. Reminds me of that guy who jumped into a hot spring to rescue his dog, he survived until the next morning but had third-degree burns to 100% of his body (the dog also died).

What an awful way to fucking die. Boiled alive in a super hot mud pot to a point that there is fucking nothing for them to recover. Hopefully this is a lesson to the other jokesters out there who don't pay attention to the fucking signs.

They are trying to save your fucking life so shit like this doesn't happen.
I need one of those taiwanese animations to get a picture in my head of hiw it went down.

VariantX

What a dumb and unnecessary way to get yourself killed. No amount of signs and barriers can prevent someone from being stupid unfortunately.

Acinixys

Im more upset that people think its a joke to destroy such a beautiful place

Like, go fuck up your own shitty garden

Zelias

Banned
What a horrible way to die. His family don't even have anything left to bury/cremate/whatever.

He was a total dumbass though and he paid a horrible price for it. I hope it at least serves as a warning.

Let's go walk through some area with hot steam coming out of it, off the path and clearly not what you are supposed to do... Some people man. Sad for his family and too bad he died of course, but how do you even think that stuff is a good idea.

zon

He most likely lost consciousness/died immediately from shock when he fell into the water, I doubt he felt much pain at all.

That's what I'd like to think at least.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Let's go walk through some area with hot steam coming out of it, off the path and clearly not what you are supposed to do... Some people man. Sad for his family and too bad he died of course, but how do you even think that stuff is a good idea.

I cant even imagine what being at a funeral for something like this is like.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Can't say I have much sympathy for someone dying because of their own selfishness and stupidity. Sad for his family and loved ones, though.

Matticers

That's about one of the worst ways to die that I can possibly think of. Especially if he didn't die instantly. Even surviving and being alert for ten seconds in that would be ten seconds too long.

Kyzer

Banned
Considering how dumb society is and the way everything works with lawsuits and everything I'm surprised that entire boardwalk isn't littered with signs "Do NOT exit the path"

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just treat this like smoking deterrents and cover the board walk in pictures of boiled meat with the words "You" overlaid over the images with an equal sign between out and a picture of a person walking off the board Walk into the water. Wall paper every inch of the boardwalk.

I feel worse for the baby bison than the knuckle head who left the board walk. Having to die because you were rejected by your herd because some idiots wanted to put you in their car. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom