• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies You’ve Watched Lately |OT| - 2024

Doom85

I will NEVER watch that movie again... It was so disturbing to me! Like Event Horizon!

Are you saying you never rewatch Event Horizon? Aw man, that movie’s great!

wind produces GIF

I don’t know if I would personally say their level of disturbing was equal for me.

Seriously, the fate of the baby (clearly meant to represent Jesus) in mother! is the most fucked up thing I’ve personally seen in a film at the theater. I know there’s even more fucked up scenes in certain films out there, but the ones I’ve seen that was the top. Like, the director’s other films I’ve seen, Requiem for a Dream and Black Swan, certainly had fucked up moments but nothing near that IMHO.

I personally wouldn’t say Event Horizon had anything as messed up as that. Maybe if we had gotten the full cut of the film that included the full version of what was on the recording showing the Event Horizon’s crew’s fate, maybe, but while I do wish we could have access to the full version, especially for the director to have his vision fully out there, I do IMHO think the scene works best as we got it as I felt it showed just enough to be extremely unsettling and letting our imagination fill in the rest, and that showing even more of the tape may have reached the point of excess and taken away from the horror of the scene.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Anatomy of a fall - that fucking music at the start i HATE. the movie had me hooked all the way through and then.... it finished. what a waste of fucking time. the dog was cute though.
Smile - wasn't as bad as i thought it'd be.
Cobweb - what an utter load of a fuckin shite.
Back to Black - amy winehouse movie. it wasn't really up to much and all over the place. the actress playing her looked the part... i think. i'm not a huge amy winehouse fan.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Watched Jackpot! last night with Akwafina and John Cena

The movie was goofy as hell - kind of like a comedy version of The Purge mixed with depressing modern California culture. However, it's kind of refreshing to see comedies that still get made today. We need more comedies like this one.

calistan

I watched Ready or Not last night on TubeTubi

Didn't know anything about it, but I really enjoyed it. It's a thriller with some comedy elements thrown in.
Is that the one with the bride being hunted by her in-laws on her wedding night? I liked that.

There was a similar one that came out around the same time - The Hunt. Also worth a watch.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is that the one with the bride being hunted by her in-laws on her wedding night? I liked that.

There was a similar one that came out around the same time - The Hunt. Also worth a watch.
Yeah, the family is rich from games and they make her draw a card to see what game to play. Ends up with Hide and Seek, just the deadly kind.

I'll check out The Hunt.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Mostly thinking of watching this movie today,
Only because I love musicals so much and I enjoyed it the first time,
So thinking it might be a good time to rewatch it.
Andrew Garfield is really good in it and it makes me wish Netflix did more films like this,
Don't know why there aren't more musicals like this.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Watched every Alien movie with my wife including the AvP movies. Also did all predator movies aside from the new Prey.

Both franchises have a ton of misses for me but Alien does have spectacular ones.

Loved:
Alien
Romulus
Covenent
Prometheus

Liked:
Aliens
Predator 1

Hated:
The rest of both franchises.

Valonquar

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
MV5BMjI0ODcxNzM1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzIwMTEwNDI@._V1_.jpg

This was a great movie. Very human, and while not a comedy, it did make me laugh out loud several times.

Subservience
MV5BMjdlNjNlODEtYjA1OS00MDgzLWJiNTMtMDVlMWMyOGM5ZDhkXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

My disappointment was immeasurable and my day was ruined. This felt like a movie that was made so people could keep their SAG card. It was like half of one episode of the TV series Humans, but with a $200 budget.

Hrk69

Gold Member
vU7wQ7r.png

This was not bad. About as subtle a s brick in the face with rich white guys bad/ females good, but I enjoyed it non the less.

3/5.
I just finished watching this one

3/5 seems about right, it was better than I initially thought it would be.

A bit predictable at certain points but overall enjoyable.

calistan

vU7wQ7r.png

This was not bad. About as subtle aa a brick in the face with rich white guys bad/ females good, but I enjoyed it non the less.

3/5.
Kind of goes with Barbie, I thought. You have the women in Barbieland who forgot everything until they were given a feminist lecture, and the women on the paradise island who forgot everything until they were bitten by a snake. Obvious biblical connotation to the latter one.

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
Late Night with the Devil

oxmzqlD.jpeg

October 31, 1977. Johnny Carson rival Jack Delroy hosts a syndicated late night talk show ‘Night Owls’ that has long been a trusted companion to insomniacs around the country. A year after the tragic death of Jack’s wife, ratings have plummeted. Desperate to turn his fortunes around, Jack plans a Halloween special like no other, unaware that he is about to unleash evil into the living rooms of America.

I love this one. Great acting across the board with a fun concept and well-made in most aspects.

Sort of found footage, sort of a documentary, the presentation was great. This film is proof you don't need trillions to make a good movie.

Last edited:
Subservience
MV5BMjdlNjNlODEtYjA1OS00MDgzLWJiNTMtMDVlMWMyOGM5ZDhkXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
My disappointment was immeasurable and my day was ruined. This felt like a movie that was made so people could keep their SAG card. It was like half of one episode of the TV series Humans, but with a $200 budget.
Megan Fox should make documentaries like Werner Herzog. It'd either be good or bad. At least it would cement herself in cinematic history in some shape or form. Like Borat.

calistan

Just saw The Critic. About a popular newspaper theatre critic in 1930s Britain, who’s outed as a homosexual and uses his influence to persuade an actress to help restore his position.

Seriously brilliant cast, with Ian McKellan, Gemma Arterton and Mark Strong. This would make a fantastic stage play, but it’s a great film and quite dark, despite an ending that seems tacked on to provide a sense of justice.

Top Bottom