• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered: Soul Suspects |OT| That niche cinematic ghost game no one's talking about

cat2rdfr.gif

"Press Triangle to Meow" is a thing yes.

Putting this gif on loop for 15 seconds on Hulu with "BUY IT JUNE 3" probably woulda guaranteed at least 100k sales

Tygamr

This game looked really interesting. Kinda bummed it scored so low. I might still get it, but I'm gonna wait until some impressions and let's plays come out and see what I think.

georly

Sad. Looks like i'll be skipping this one too. One day there will be a good murder mystery game, one day. LA Noire was my first hope, then this, now I'm sad :(

eXistor

I care not for scores! Still getting it. A rough game that has the right mindset is worth more than a big-budget AAA game that plays it safe.

FatalT

Banned
I rented this from Red Box for PS3 and it's quite fun. It froze on me once already but it has checkpoints so I didn't lose too much progress. Good rental game!

I'm looking forward to picking this up. When it inevitably drops to $20 or less in a couple months. This should have been priced as a budget title from the start. I think it would have reached a modicum of success that way.

FatalT

Banned
The cat possession is pretty cool. Basically you have to get to the attic of a church but you can't get there yourself do you have to go into the cat and make it climb up to the attic. Awesome feature!

GavinUK86

pc version locked at 30fps.. at least have some good graphic options

It only locks to 30fps if you enable vsync. Use your GPU's control panel or other means and it's fine. I've been playing with it off though, doesn't seem to tear too much. All cutscenes are 30fps. Any modest system can run it maxed out, it's not too taxing.

Edit: Here's the options screen (not sure if anyone has shown this yet).

dreamfall

Thanks for making the OT dusk!

I've played about 2ish hours, having fun just kind of exploring slowly and uncovering different clues/side stories.

It feels like ghostly L.A. Noire! Some really slow police work, some fun/simple investigations and it's been really intriguing.

kuppy

Quick Look was interesting, endearing ambience, definitely something I want to check out at a later point.

Marjar

Banned
Played about 3 hours so far. I'm actually liking this quite a bit! Story is interesting, the sidequests are neat, and the stealth/combat stuff, while feeling tacked on, is generally unobtrusive and very forgiving.

I think it's much better than the score would lead you to believe.

Corpekata

Banned
Switching back and forth from 60 to 30 FPS constantly with how frequent cut scenes are is pretty jarring.

I do wish some of the side stories were a bit more expansive. I don't feel like much of a detective when all of the clues to solve a ghost's plight are within 3 feet of them.

Overall enjoying myself though.

Zukuu

Banned
Probably at the half point of the game (judging from the Julia's memory clues I've found) and I'm seriously hooked by now. I want to play more to see the story unfold. I'm glad demons are a rather rare sight up to this point and most are entirely optional. There is a bit too much of "stuff you can collect" for my taste, but I take what I find and don't go hunting too much for the rest. So far I can seriously recommend it, IF it was a bit cheaper. 10 - 20$/€ seems to be the sweet spot. If you don't care for "ratings" it's more of a visual novel than anything else. You can't "lose" in this game if you can't figure something out the first time... or second... or thrid... or....

FatalT

Banned
Welp...shit. I just beat it. Took me about 5 hours spread out between two sittings. I'm glad I only spent $2.00 to rent this instead of $49.99. Story was fun but eh, kinda felt like a "cop"-out.

Towards the end I was getting sick of fighting the demons. Especially since you HAVE to hide and execute them from behind. Blegh!

Dominator

Hmm. I put the game in, it installs on my PS4, I boot it up and then it just loads. Loads into oblivion.

I can't get it to work at all. It's not frozen because the background is moving but the game is just sitting here loading. Is it installing more? Who knows, it's just a vague screen.

I'm not connected to the Internet at the moment (it is down), so would that matter for this? I would assume it wouldn't but I really don't know right now.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
You get a 10 dollar gift card from Best Buy if you order it online. Looks like it has to be online only though as it says it excludes Store Pickup. I'll be picking this bad boy up around noon after I get through some meetings at work.

I thought this week's circular advertised the gift card.
But the Best Buy stores here aren't even selling the game, so...

Trouble

Banned
I have this waiting for me from Gamefly. I'm on my way back from 2 weeks overseas, so between Watchdogs, Wolfenstein and a PS4 closed beta that I can't even say the name of until after E3, I don't know when I'll get to this.

I couldn't take how bad Brad was at playing the stealth sections it's like he didn't pay attention at all and then blamed the game for not hand holding, thank god Jeff can read.

Carlius

Banned
you know, this game is either really bad graphically or very well optmized. am on my laptop caus emy pc broke, with an intel hd 4000 and i can run it at high, without AA and medium particle effects at a steady 30 fps. its insane.

you know, this game is either really bad graphically or very well optmized. am on my laptop caus emy pc broke, with an intel hd 4000 and i can run it at high, without AA and medium particle effects at a steady 30 fps. its insane.

Works like a charm on my 5 year old Core 2 Duo laptop with a low end ATI Radeon HD 4670 card. I can bump it up to 900p and still maintain 30 FPS. AA and SSAO off of course.

dreamfall

How does saving work?

I see that it saves my collectibles, but do you really have to finish side missions before progressing to a new area to save? GAH!

I'm loving it thus far. Just walking about, collecting, exploring. Some creepy apparitions!

Top Bottom