• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: Indiana Jones to come to PS5 in the first half of 2025, timed console exclusive for Xbox

I'm a big Xbox player but when all is said and done I'm fine with these games coming to other platforms. My only fear I guess is that many current Xbox players won't bother with Xbox next gen and in that case what will third party devs do? I hope the consequences won't be too big when it comes to that because I do intend to buy the next Xbox and have it as my main.

And I can't deny that at times I wish Xbox was much more popular so that they didn't have to go this multiplatform route, both having dope ass exclusives and you know, being strong competition. Nah.

Exclusives don’t mean shit to me because Xbox has had zero on console for years and years now. My only issue is the same as yours, eventually the pie might be small enough that major third parties start skipping big games. But I doubt that ever happens.

Topher

Gold Member
Join me

0Ydn1yP.png

Kind of itches around the ears

Mr Moose

????
They don't own the IP. The only thing they can do is ask for timed exclusive. Remember that this happened before the purchase.

For Sony exclusives, they are still going to do PC day1 with marvel games in the future to offset those high cuts that marvel gets.
On renegotiating the Indiana Jones game's terms at the request of Microsoft to make it Xbox/PC exclusive, after Microsoft bought its development studio: With "Xbox still being one of the bigger marketplaces for games, we didn't feel like we were going to be overly exclusionary. We felt like it's still going to reach a broad set of folks, and we felt, financially and strategically for the game, that made sense at the time."

Nydius

That's the corner they are painting themselves into, why own the next Xbox?

Exactly. I’ve had every Xbox at launch dating back to the original with The Duke controller. But with the trajectory Microsoft is on, I can’t see a reason to own any Xbox branded hardware in the future.

Of course, a lot of that is self inflicted on Microsoft’s part; Not just their recent mismanagement but also because Game Pass means I haven’t built a digital library I’m afraid of losing on the platform. If I had a large library of digital games I paid for, I’d probably still want to buy the next Xbox platform. But since Game Pass just lets me play them then move on, I have nothing tying me to Xbox specifically.

feynoob

Banned
Should be easy enough then for you to share the specific document/image.
The thread of porting it to pc is missing. NeoGAF thread order is messed up during research. So far, this is what I got. So some of these are coming to PC.

Little Mac

Gold Member
I’d love to be wrong and this game ends up being the second coming of Miyamoto, but it just didn’t impress me very much when it was shown. As a PS5 owner I’m much more interested in Fable, Gears, and that Towerbourne game. Hope those games make it over eventually. Anyways, we’ll see.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
The thread of porting it to pc is missing. NeoGAF thread order is messed up during research. So far, this is what I got. So some of these are coming to PC.

Nothing you've shared talks about PC day one.

You on trial to become a green rat or something? Because that's how you're behaving.

feynoob

Banned
Nothing you've shared talks about PC day one.

You on trial to become a green rat or something? Because that's how you're behaving.
Buddy, I provided you the documents. You guys were having the discussion about it that week. Nonstop leaks about the budget, the cut percentage that Marvel gets from those games, the number of copies needed to sell, and PC ports of those games.

And why do I need to join the green rats? I have nothing to do with console users. I am happily busy flaming both sides.

feynoob

Banned
Mr Moose Mr Moose the biggest get for them is the game pass version. With their recent studios closures, it seems that they can't do full time exclusivity.

Whatever is happening there is a mess as of now.

onQ123

That's the corner they are painting themselves into, why own the next Xbox?

It's also why Xbox next machines will not be traditional consoles we are used to seeing from them.

This is the position that they want to be in. Selling software & subscriptions without taking the hit on hardware .
Sell a powerful expensive console at low volume & have other manufacturers making their versions of this console & selling their software everywhere & hope that Sony try to match their hardware & not be able to sell it to the masses because of the big hit to manufacture the PS6 & also devalued retail games because of subscriptions.

Games selling as well as they been selling this generation was not in Xbox plans.

Top Bottom