• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: Indiana Jones to come to PS5 in the first half of 2025, timed console exclusive for Xbox

Money can't fix incompetence.

GNkJrDTX0AA0fKg.jpg

Phil does the smart thing, shows the hand in the pic, can't say he's doing anything inappropriate with that hand . . . however, is the other hand on the Booty?

GHG

Gold Member
Buddy, I provided you the documents. You guys were having the discussion about it that week. Nonstop leaks about the budget, the cut percentage that Marvel gets from those games, the number of copies needed to sell, and PC ports of those games.

You posted 2 thread links along with a reddit post, none of which backs up what you said.

And why do I need to join the green rats? I have nothing to do with console users. I am happily busy flaming both sides.

Bored Come On GIF

Stafford

Exclusives don’t mean shit to me because Xbox has had zero on console for years and years now. My only issue is the same as yours, eventually the pie might be small enough that major third parties start skipping big games. But I doubt that ever happens.

Only if not a soul buys the new Xbox, I'm sure my country, hell, probably most of Europe by now won't even bother with it. But hopefully still plenty others will. Time will tell.

tommib

This is going to be a good game. Machine Games are awesome and the expansion they did for Quake 2 last year was one of the best shit I played recently.

Can wait to get this all ironed out and with a PS5 Pro patch. Yum.

onQ123

Xbox plans were shit.

Sorry, but that's just the truth, and some of us saw this coming a mile off.
Evil actually they wanted to crash the industry & be the only company rich enough to survive the crash & come out of the ashes with all the infinite stones. Now it's weird that the studios that they bought could actually go under if they don't sell games on PlayStation and Nintendo platforms.

feynoob

Banned
You posted 2 thread links along with a reddit post, none of which backs up what you said.

Bored Come On GIF
Here is the marvel contract with Sony. With the current budget, and X amount of copies that Sony needs to sell, PC day1 is there. Which also explains why there is a PC build for the leak.

WmKVxbZ.jpeg

q5dxtbN.jpeg

We2mz7K.jpeg

g3shDVW.jpeg

WbERtD0.jpeg

Here is the marvel contract with Sony. With the current budget, and X amount of copies that Sony needs to sell, PC day1 is there. Which also explains why there is a PC build for the leak.

WmKVxbZ.jpeg

q5dxtbN.jpeg

We2mz7K.jpeg

g3shDVW.jpeg

WbERtD0.jpeg

So your argument isn't that Sony confirmed PC day 1 it's that you've broken down their financials and decided that PC day 1 has to happen?

Last edited:
Evil actually they wanted to crash the industry & be the only company rich enough to survive the crash & come out of the ashes with all the infinite stones. Now it's weird that the studios that they bought could actually go under if they don't sell games on PlayStation and Nintendo platforms.
spending Sony out of business so much that they spent Xbox out of business too

Astray

This kinda puts the Avowed delay in a new light for me.

The busy schedule thing never flew with me (because other companies will suddenly stop releasing games?).

If we assume that Microsoft is going to have a few months timed exclusivity for all it's titles going forward, then Avowed releasing one month before Indy (according to the previous leaked date) means that Microsoft would end up releasing two big ports back to back.

I think that's the real reason for the delay.

GHG

Gold Member

WmKVxbZ.jpeg

q5dxtbN.jpeg

We2mz7K.jpeg

g3shDVW.jpeg

WbERtD0.jpeg

Do you even understand what it is you've just posted?

There's no mention of PC there.

Do you even understand what it is you've just posted?

There's no mention of PC there.

I don't think he's saying that Sony is saying PC is day 1 guaranteed. I think he's just coming to that conclusion himself because of how expensive it is to do these games.

feynoob

Banned
Yea I do think it will happen eventually but who knows when. I don't think it happens until MS is out of the traditional console market at the very least though.
If they port any of their big games to PS, then they are out. They already did with sea of thieves. Forza horizon 4 would end that debate.

The busy schedule thing never flew with me (because other companies will suddenly stop releasing games?).

If we assume that Microsoft is going to have a few months timed exclusivity for all it's titles going forward, then Avowed releasing one month before Indy (according to the previous leaked date) means that Microsoft would end up releasing two big ports back to back.

I think it's just a matter of back and forth with some of those games (originally being multi-platform, then exclusive, and now multi-platform again).

New future games are going to be day-and-date releases (isn't the new Doom this way?).

Maybe some of the Xbox game studios will need more time to adapt to being a multi-platform developer

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

er ..

so you think they delayed Avowed to avoid the supposed late ports releasing close to each other ... and not their original releases ?

ookay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom