• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NateTheHate: Indiana Jones to come to PS5 in the first half of 2025, timed console exclusive for Xbox

jm89

Another reason to Xbox fans to shun this liar:

image0.jpg
His not a liar.

Just knows how to use words like a sleazy use car salesmen to trick you.

TheBomb

It’s like one side raising a while flag hoping the other will join singing a song of hope and peace.

So thats both Machine Games and Id Software (and Tango) not skipping playstation. Starfield is totally coming bois. On ps5 pro no less. Damn.

Humdinger

Well, I hope so. That was one of the few Xbox exclusives I was hoping to see ported. I wonder if that's the game Shinobi was rumoring.

The game itself looks a little iffy, so I doubt I'll buy it at release. But I'd like to try it eventually. I miss the old-fashioned action-adventure games. Hoping this one captures a little of that feel.

Astray

I think it's just a matter of back and forth with some of those games (originally being multi-platform, then exclusive, and now multi-platform again).

New future games are going to be day-and-date releases (isn't the new Doom this way?).

Maybe some of the Xbox game studios will need more time to adapt to being a multi-platform developer
I think it's simply a matter of "when can you have the PS5/SW2 versions ready?".

If it's months (plural) to a year then they'll put it there and call it a "timed exclusive". If it's a couple of months or so, then they'll just do a multi-platform release.

er ..

so you think they delayed Avowed to avoid the supposed late ports releasing close to each other ... and not their original releases ?

ookay.
I mean now that you say it, it's probably both? Either way, I simply don't trust what they say anymore, and their statement on the Avowed delay is just weird, especially when we're in an era where people don't get pissed about game delays anymore.

I honestly don't really think of this Xbox management as a "best practices" type, you assume competence (that's your right btw), but I just can't think of them as competent, or even honest anymore. I read and listen to their words like a lawyer now.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
More. The studio is indie, so it doesnt spend that much money. Tango games had 2 games. Hifi rush and ghostwire tokyo. So their spending is going to be higher.
My Nostradamus prediction for Ninja Theory is that they will not release another game but will be repurposed into a support studio to help other first party devs to integrate real time motion capture to their games.

Humdinger

Ninja theory is save from the chopping block. I have no idea how HL2 is successful, but it seems it is.

Draugoth Draugoth you can post this.

Link for the slide. https://t.co/jJ97spLnih

They say in the X thread that those results are from the 2023 fiscal year, prior to HB2's release in May 2024. So HB2's numbers aren't included there.

How they were financially successful prior to that, I don't understand. But whatever.

Last edited:

Astray

My Nostradamus prediction for Ninja Theory is that they will not release another game but will be repurposed into a support studio to help other first party devs to integrate real time motion capture to their games.
So they will be the new COD motion capture studio?

Astray

Tom Warren has wrote about this

He says in the X thread that those results are from the fiscal year prior to HB2's release. So HB2's numbers aren't included there.

How they were financially successful prior to that, I don't understand. Where would the revenue be coming from?
They have a state of the art mocap studio and get paid by other studios (incl MS ones) to do mocap capture.

I understand optics are absolutely hilarious from a MS perspective here. But honestly question, are people actually hyped for this game? Seems to have been getting a good amount of hype on this site for awhile and it's just odd to me. Indiana Jones seems like a completely irrelevant IP to me in the year 2024. Idk, maybe I'm just oblivious.

Three

I cant help your blind eyes. Read the documents.

The financial is 2023, but the document is written this year.
GVWpWQXWwAAVPUV
Yes, but for last year as a companies house document for government/tax. The income is all "intercompany recharge" anyway meaning it's likely money just coming from MS, their actual publishing income dropped in 2023. Has nothing to do with HB2 which this 2023 report wouldn't even cover.

Topher

Gold Member
Ninja theory is save from the chopping block. I have no idea how HL2 is successful, but it seems it is.

You mean HB2? These documents don't say anything about how successful HB2. Edit: well...other than that it "launched" successfully which simply means that it launched without any issues.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

The financial is 2023, but the document is written this year.
GVWpWQXWwAAVPUV
Indeed, the document is dated after the launch of HB2 and is full of mentions of the supposed succesfully launch.

Outside of that, the most interesting thing is that they confirm that the development of Project Mara continues at the same time as "other projects."

Last edited:
Top Bottom