• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 PS4 |OT| ... I said gahhhhhh dammmmmnnnnn

lil smoke

Banned
I'm stupid.

I decided to spend 10 bucks on some VC.
Ooops, this game don't let you use them on the actual player???
I'm supposed to buy shirts and hats??? Wow. Waste of money there.

Has anyone gotten to any level where Lebron comes to you like 'ok you took my starting role, you earned it, etc'

I just thought that would be a funny situation, having Bron kissing my ass in the game.

Double D

2 games left in the regular season and my team is #1 in our division. It feels like I've really come a long way from the days when I was hating on the coach for not playing me enough and we were dead last in the entire league.

My player is .6 points away from being the league leader in average points per game. He's on the cover of 2k15 and just got on a Gatorade billboard where it looks like he is sitting in a corner of the locker room looking at a box of Gatorade powder with a completely baffled look on his face.

Also my agent had mentioned a while ago that Kia wanted me to do an endorsement deal. Pretty sure the conditions were for me to outscore my season average over 2 weeks, or win 6 out of the next 10 games. Not sure which. In any case I feel like I've done both of those things but so far I've got nothing.

Lastly, will I get a chance to sign with Jordan? I really want some Jordans for my player but I'm not about to drop 7500VC on them. Hoping I get some free kicks out of the deal.

I'm stupid.

I decided to spend 10 bucks on some VC.
Ooops, this game don't let you use them on the actual player???
I'm supposed to buy shirts and hats??? Wow. Waste of money there.

SMFH

Now that I got that out of the way
lol
, you can spend it on your player. It's supposed to go towards attributes/signature skills

Also my agent had mentioned a while ago that Kia wanted me to do an endorsement deal. Pretty sure the conditions were for me to outscore my season average over 2 weeks, or win 6 out of the next 10 games. Not sure which. In any case I feel like I've done both of those things but so far I've got nothing.

Lastly, will I get a chance to sign with Jordan? I really want some Jordans for my player but I'm not about to drop 7500VC on them. Hoping I get some free kicks out of the deal.

I had those conditions too. My team has 2 out of the 10 games left...but so far we've won 1 LOL

Still haven't gotten to the Jordan thing

Anyone have an idea when you can unlock the Alpha Dog badge? Cause I've got Beta Dog, but fuck, the Kings need an alpha!

Reven

2 games left in the regular season and my team is #1 in our division. It feels like I've really come a long way from the days when I was hating on the coach for not playing me enough and we were dead last in the entire league.

My player is .6 points away from being the league leader in average points per game. He's on the cover of 2k15 and just got on a Gatorade billboard where it looks like he is sitting in a corner of the locker room looking at a box of Gatorade powder with a completely baffled look on his face.

If you stayed with your childhood friend instead of the big time agent then you will get a Jordan deal. The big time agent only gets you Reebok, I think.

lil smoke

Banned
SMFH

lol
, you can spend it on your player. It's supposed to go towards attributes/signature skills
I know I know, there were million warnings everywhere.

But yeah, I bought them, they don't show up in my career. The only place they show up is in MyPlayer where you can buy clothing. And the onlt clothing I have available is the generic stuff.

They must be idiots, if I wanted to spend real money for their virtual clothes, they might want to put something on there other then 43 generic shoes. But they already got my $, whose the real idiot here. They are genius.

I know I know, there were million warnings everywhere.

But yeah, I bought them, they don't show up in my career. The only place they show up is in MyPlayer where you can buy clothing. And the onlt clothing I have available is the generic stuff.

They must be idiots, if I wanted to spend real money for their virtual clothes, they might want to put something on there other then 43 generic shoes. But they already got my $, whose the real idiot here. They are genius.

You should contact 2k about that. Something doesn't seem right

Well...nothing is right with them :(

Jindrax

Guys, my game seems to be stuck in play with a single player mode when i go into quick game?

Also, quick game is gone from my main menu. I have to to into NBA Today then circle then quick game... But then I'm forced to play with 1 player instead of the team.
How do I play normal quick game again?

Double D

So, granted I hadn't been able to play MyCareer between the end of November and the release of patch4, but I feel like there was a highlight reel for my player at the end of each game if he got player of the game. It doesn't do this anymore. Anyone know if it ever did this and I'm just remembering from playing season mode?

lil smoke

Banned
So, granted I hadn't been able to play MyCareer between the end of November and the release of patch4, but I feel like there was a highlight reel for my player at the end of each game if he got player of the game. It doesn't do this anymore. Anyone know if it ever did this and I'm just remembering from playing season mode?

I remember that in 2K13, there have been nothing like that in MyCareer. Actually a huge step back from last game.

I went into MyTeam accidentally, you know right after the game loads...
so there is no way out of that unless you restart the entire XBOX ONE.

LOL these dudes.

SMFH

lol

I had those conditions too. My team has 2 out of the 10 games left...but so far we've won 1 LOL

Still haven't gotten to the Jordan thing

Anyone have an idea when you can unlock the Alpha Dog badge? Cause I've got Beta Dog, but fuck, the Kings need an alpha!

Umm what? No you can't. You can't buy VC points for your MyCareer player. Unless your game is glitched or something, I have never been able to purchase VC points for my guy. Even after I contacted 2K, they said it wouldn't work.

lil smoke

Banned
Umm what? No you can't. You can't buy VC points for your MyCareer player. Unless your game is glitched or something, I have never been able to purchase VC points for my guy. Even after I contacted 2K, they said it wouldn't work.

They are dumb.

They had me in 2K13, after I talk and talked shit about not spending real money on stupid points, I was all over buying special skills. $5 here and there. they made money off of me.

Now I will never drop another penny.

They did it wrong.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Hey I've been away from the thread for a while and sold my game a while back too. I thought I would chime in here.

The reason you are not able to use bought VC on your My Career attributes is because somehow your career is offline. It could be like what happened to me when I decided to create my career player before the 'always online' patch. If you were to start a new player, like I did you will see that any bought VC can be used to upgrade your abilities for your new player.

It sucks and that along with the always online bullshit and the lack of reliability of 2k servers is what led me to sell my game. 2k was right in telling you that it is impossible for your originally created OFFLINE My Career player will never be able to use bought VC. Sucks, I know.

lil smoke

Banned
Hey I've been away from the thread for a while and sold my game a while back too. I thought I would chime in here.

The reason you are not able to use bought VC on your My Career attributes is because somehow your career is offline. It could be like what happened to me when I decided to create my career player before the 'always online' patch. If you were to start a new player, like I did you will see that any bought VC can be used to upgrade your abilities for your new player.

It sucks and that along with the always online bullshit and the lack of reliability of 2k servers is what led me to sell my game. 2k was right in telling you that it is impossible for your originally created OFFLINE My Career player will never be able to use bought VC. Sucks, I know.
LOL lets just add this to the pile. Jeezus Krist.

Well the game still plays well when it's not cheating, I gotta admit, when it's my fault and I'm playing stupid, whatever happens seems to be on me. There is still a bit of "check-yo-self" in the game to keep it honest.

This whole post has me Tight right now. A nerve in my brain just..ugh. I feel like raising extreme HELL to 2K because of this. I don't even know if its worth it to go back. I can't believe this! Thank you for telling me this. All I want to do now is just burn this game.

Into

After 2 years of serving the rookie contract, do you get to chose which team to join like in 2k13 and 2k12 on older consoles? Or is there at least some sort of negotiation going on?

Has anyone got that far? I am wondering what happens and whether you have any actual input in where to go.

LOL lets just add this to the pile. Jeezus Krist.

Well the game still plays well when it's not cheating, I gotta admit, when it's my fault and I'm playing stupid, whatever happens seems to be on me. There is still a bit of "check-yo-self" in the game to keep it honest.

This is what kills me. I love the gameplay. It's been a bit since my last basketball game, and I was able to jump right in. The system makes sense to me and just flows naturally. It's all the bugs, glitches, and oddities that completely bum me out.

So... uh... I think my MyCareer file is corrupted or something.

I was in the Jackson Ellis rematch game, and we had a challenge on who would score more. I went up to half time, then hit "save and exit game mode" right after the half time show. When I tried to load it back up again, my career mode fails to load. Like it will go to the loading cutscene and then right at the time that it usually loads, it crashes back to the Xbone dashboard.

Anything I can do to fix this or am I SOL? I tried turning Kinect Off, rebooting etc. and nothing seems to work. Am very pissed that I'm potentially going to lose all of that progress. I mean I'm not doing it again that's for sure. And the loss of VC.. such bs.

So... uh... I think my MyCareer file is corrupted or something.

I was in the Jackson Ellis rematch game, and we had a challenge on who would score more. I went up to half time, then hit "save and exit game mode" right after the half time show. When I tried to load it back up again, my career mode fails to load. Like it will go to the loading cutscene and then right at the time that it usually loads, it crashes back to the Xbone dashboard.

Anything I can do to fix this or am I SOL? I tried turning Kinect Off, rebooting etc. and nothing seems to work. Am very pissed that I'm potentially going to lose all of that progress. I mean I'm not doing it again that's for sure. And the loss of VC.. such bs.

SMFH

I'm terrified to load my game now

Double D

Won the championship in MyCareer last night in game 6 against the Heat. This series in particular showcased (imo) the ridiculous scripting in those games.

I played the entire time in each game with the exception of roughly 4 minutes in the second quarter. No matter how much I was up by before I was benched, when I returned to the court we would be losing by at least 2 points. Factor in the obscene 3 point shots by the entirety of the Heat team and the scripting really shows.

Also, I should have won in game 5 in Miami, but I was up by 2 with 3 seconds left and Ray Allen drops a long 3 to win it. Just felt like the game wanted me to win it all at home, which I would have rather done anyway, but it just felt forced. I don't know maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Supervillain, Jackson Ellis, visited me on the roof and was a total dick talking about how much better he really is than me, despite the fact that I just won the Championship and got MVP and Rookie of the Year. I proceeded to destroy him in 1on1 where he became butthurt and stomped off.

Anyways, can anyone tell me what I have to look forward to in my second season? I asked for a trade right before the first game of the season. The game then showed me the 'Team Interest' screen that was glowing green at the end of last season, but now there are no teams that have any interest, which makes perfect sense. So who knows where I'll end up.

lil smoke

Banned
It's still not working :-( I wonder if it's because that game was saved before the latest xbone patch?

That happened to me, I think it was because my game did not get the updates.

My next session was ok.

The 2nd time my game did not update, when I would put the disc in, it just would not start the game, then next session, it worked.

All this behind the scenes stuff is dumb, because there is NO indication of what's going on.

The Jackson Ellis thing was fun the 1st day, he can F off my game now.

Double D

All this behind the scenes stuff is dumb, because there is NO indication of what's going on.

It's just hilarious that he's still talking all this shit when I am literally the best player in the league now. As ridiculous as the behind the scenes stuff is, I'm hoping I'll get a shot at a record deal as a rapper and Jackson Ellis can be my weed carrier.

That happened to me, I think it was because my game did not get the updates.

My next session was ok.

The 2nd time my game did not update, when I would put the disc in, it just would not start the game, then next session, it worked.

Wait, what? I'm desperate for any fixes that could make it work again. So... did you uninstall the game updates or something? Or just remove the disc and put it back into the console?

lil smoke

Banned
Wait, what? I'm desperate for any fixes that could make it work again. So... did you uninstall the game updates or something? Or just remove the disc and put it back into the console?

Yeah I removed the disc to play something else. Couple of days later, tried again and it worked as usual.

I figure if it doesn't work, it just didn't finish installing or something. But it has never taken more than 2 days.

The Park is becoming retarded again. Can never finish a fucking game.

I got on the court with 2 amazing teammates, we all played off each other so well without needing to talk, we were on our way to winning our 3rd straight until "A network issue has prevented game play from continuing" at 20 points.

Double D

IN my second year and asked for a trade. The Heat and Rockets are the top 2 in the 'Team Interest'. I pick those and on other team that I forget. Then I get traded to the goddamn Raptors. Wtf.

Double D

So last night I played against the Thunder. Westbrook called me out on social media basically saying he's never heard of me. Then I get a dynamic goal saying I have to outscore him. He scores twenty something. I score 76. Seventy Six. I fail the challenge. In the press conference after the game I get called out and Doris says, "Well, it certainly wasn't the best game of your career". Well, Doris, It was literally the best game of my career. How do you successfully complete that challenge?

I havent had that challenge

I got challenged by Gary payton for not stealing the ball enough as a PF

therefore they told me to get 5 steals or be a failure

Telaso

Banned
Soooooo...... Ive been playing this offline for a few weeks now, and went and stupidly updated all my PS4 games and system. Log into game now, my mycareer was deleted??? I was in the playoffs my first year.

Fuck you 2k. Fuck you in the face you fucking cock suckers.

Double D

Soooooo...... Ive been playing this offline for a few weeks now, and went and stupidly updated all my PS4 games and system. Log into game now, my mycareer was deleted??? I was in the playoffs my first year.

Fuck you 2k. Fuck you in the face you fucking cock suckers.

I've had a lot of shitty times with saves and whatnot but this definitely shouldn't be happening. Contact 2k support.

On a different not I've got questions.

1) How do you call for an Alley Oop? Most tutorials I've seen explain how to go about successfully catching one after calling for it but I'm talking about actual button presses.

2) I saw a youtube vid where a dude dunked over another dude very Vince Carter-like. Anyone know which dunk package I need to equip? I'll see if I can track down the vid.

Double D

Thanks I found it.

Are there any drills in this game to raise your stats? Can't find those either.

I just don't care much for the menus in this game.

The menus truly are complete shit. I'm in my second year and am still finding new stuff. I just discovered yesterday that you can press triangle while you are on the signature skill screen and it shows you descriptions. I've been trying to hunt down descriptions online all this time.

As for your question regarding drills, I'm really not sure.

Also, just got the Gary Payton challenge last night. Of course I failed it.

The menus truly are complete shit. I'm in my second year and am still finding new stuff. I just discovered yesterday that you can press triangle while you are on the signature skill screen and it shows you descriptions. I've been trying to hunt down descriptions online all this time.

As for your question regarding drills, I'm really not sure.

Also, just got the Gary Payton challenge last night. Of course I failed it.

Yeah I looked it up. Apparently there's no drills on the next gen version. No Lebron mode either. Seems really half assed. They didn't forget those microtransactions though.

Meh...I'm still enjoying it though.

GobFather

Won the championship in MyCareer last night in game 6 against the Heat. This series in particular showcased (imo) the ridiculous scripting in those games.

I played the entire time in each game with the exception of roughly 4 minutes in the second quarter. No matter how much I was up by before I was benched, when I returned to the court we would be losing by at least 2 points. Factor in the obscene 3 point shots by the entirety of the Heat team and the scripting really shows.

Also, I should have won in game 5 in Miami, but I was up by 2 with 3 seconds left and Ray Allen drops a long 3 to win it. Just felt like the game wanted me to win it all at home, which I would have rather done anyway, but it just felt forced. I don't know maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Supervillain, Jackson Ellis, visited me on the roof and was a total dick talking about how much better he really is than me, despite the fact that I just won the Championship and got MVP and Rookie of the Year. I proceeded to destroy him in 1on1 where he became butthurt and stomped off.

Anyways, can anyone tell me what I have to look forward to in my second season? I asked for a trade right before the first game of the season. The game then showed me the 'Team Interest' screen that was glowing green at the end of last season, but now there are no teams that have any interest, which makes perfect sense. So who knows where I'll end up.

I totally AGREE with you.

I wanted to put my input on this game since I bought it the day after I read this THREAD plus friends.

The CAREER mode is definitely scripted, or at least that's how I felt at times. I can tell, when the game WANTS you to lose NO MATTER what you do.

- First, Your whole team becomes terrible by missing easy shots or losing the ball. MISSING majority of free throws while the opponent makes most of it.

- Then, you start missing easy or great shots ( excellent and A+ shots)

- IF that hasn't worked, the opponent goes on beast mode and makes every shot, even impossible shots or multiple three and grab most of the rebounds as well.

- Then, the referee calls begins favoring the opponent.

- Finally, IF you somehow manages to get the team ahead against all odds, THEY WILL force BENCH you with a lead then bring you back being under AGAIN with LITTLE TIME LEFT in that quarter.

THE WORST is when they force bench you with a lead, and you have overcome it ALL... with a little less than 1 min to play. To find out you lost by 2 points SOMEHOW.

----------
I understand, you're NOT going to win every game, and to mimic real life (people/teams have off days) but it feels FORCED. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels the same.

I'm curious how second season will play out because in the second season I notice they have "simulate this game" options, where you can chose to play only important games and let it simulate the rest? Although I stopped playing and created another player in a different position for the Career mode. I hate saving up for VC coins :( I wish there were more ways to get it.

GobFather

I've had a lot of shitty times with saves and whatnot but this definitely shouldn't be happening. Contact 2k support.

On a different not I've got questions.

1) How do you call for an Alley Oop? Most tutorials I've seen explain how to go about successfully catching one after calling for it but I'm talking about actual button presses.

2) I saw a youtube vid where a dude dunked over another dude very Vince Carter-like. Anyone know which dunk package I need to equip? I'll see if I can track down the vid.

1) If you're asking how to call for Alley Oop in career mode, I haven't checked yet. I have called Alley Oop in quick game mode when I played as one "specific position" like in "my career" mode. I would run towards the basket and press the same button as I would use if I was to perform the alley pop pass by press "L2" and "Square". Your teammate should lob you a ball towards the rim. I would assume its the same way?

2) I THINK, you would need to equip it. Under the "dunk package" If you find out let me know... there's so many little variation and options that goes into, which is cool but..... almost everything cost so much VC lol always broke

No Love

Banned
As OP, I figured I might let you all know that I finally traded this in. For more than I paid for it.

Maybe 2k15 will not be a buggy POS that erases my settings every time I boot up the game...

lil smoke

Banned
I totally AGREE with you.

All agreed. When they take me out the game and put me back in with our team losing, those are the moments when I pause and decide whether I should XBOX OFF.

But they did this in the last 2K, I see no reason to believe none of this is going to change, basketball games have been like this since the SNES. They have not figured out a way to make games even. I don't get it. It takes decades to figure out a non-scripted system? Is it possible that complex basketball just can't be done properly with the controls we have? No matter what control they give you, the 'intelligence' determines what goes in the bucket and what doesn't. I mean what do we have to go down court and do a timed math equation in order to be determine how good a shot is?

I actually don't have a big problem with intelligence deciding the percentage of shots going in---the nba can be really uneven like that. the issue is that too many open shots go in and in mycareer your team plays fucking horrible D

you also have to figure out which animations will lead to a better shot, like making sure your feet are planted, if you are shooting at a good angle, coming off a screen, etc. frustrating at first but those are the parameters

lil smoke

Banned
I actually don't have a big problem with intelligence deciding the percentage of shots going in---the nba can be really uneven like that. the issue is that too many open shots go in and in mycareer your team plays fucking horrible D

you also have to figure out which animations will lead to a better shot, like making sure your feet are planted, if you are shooting at a good angle, coming off a screen, etc. frustrating at first but those are the parameters
When the game is in normal mode, yeah it is about your shot selection and positioning. Why can't they just leave it at that and stop with the CHEAT mode where they have the need to control the results?

I mean I know, it makes the game more movie-like, more entertaining. I guess a normal basketball game is too boring for gamers. Drama. Because sports aren't good enoght for video gamers, we need to incorporate a bunch of drama. Maybe it's not them, its US.

DJ88

Ok so I just uploaded a video of what might be the biggest concentration of BS I've seen in 2K14 so far. Luckily, PS4's share function managed to work this time and record this incredible bullshit for others to see.
http://youtu.be/aZjh9-NJinQ

Last 2 min of a game against the Cavs. I'm up three, get a wiiide open Wade to shoot an A+ three in the corner that misses. Get the ball back, shoot an A- three with Chalmers that doesn't even come close. Cleveland makes some plays and after some intentional fouls, I'm down 2. Get a good look at LeBron running to the basket, pass it, he does the patented 2K stutter that breaks his momentum, loses the ball, commence pause to curse for a few minutes.

I was close to turning the game off, but decided fuck it, lets see if I can pull some BS. After another intentional foul, I'm down 4 with 9 seconds left. Make a football pass to LeBron, drain a C three pointer. Down 1, 6 seconds left, get a BS steal on the inbound, shoot a last second C shot, drain it again. I win.

And before you say it, I know I know, not every A+ shot will go in and not every C shot will miss, but you can't deny the BS timing of the way these went down. I had no right to win that game. The only reason I feel good about it is it felt like karma after screwing me multiple times. It's a shame this game is so buggy and cheap sometimes because the actual gameplay feels so good. I really hope there's a big overhaul for 2K15.

Top Bottom