• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K7 Season 2.5 (FantaSmitch) Discussion

Fifty

League Page Here

We needed a place to talk about the league that wasn't the season 2 thread. If you're in the league, this is the place to be. You know who you are. If you're clicking on this thread and you don't understand what I've said so far, you're in the wrong place. There are no more spots.

I'll update this post with the draft order later tonight, although you can check XBL for it now. It was randomly assigned unfortunately.

CB said
can we try drafting tonight? i know for sure i cant on sunday

We (DM and I) set the league as drafting on sunday @ 8 eastern/ 5 pacific.

I know some people wanted to do it tonight because A) They're free and B) It's now! But it was very short notice, and most importantly..if we do it on sunday, people will have time to prerank their picks on XBL. If we had done it tonight, the people who can't make it would have been screwed. If you can't come to the draft on sunday, go on xbox live into the 'draft' area and you can kind of pre-rank your players. It's not ideal...as you'll see. It uses check marks so it seems you can just select players you'd like and keep unselected ones you don't.. but hey it's way better than nothing.

Just posted this on the 2k site board. Why do I have 8 road games in a row and 11 of 16 are road games. I usually don't bitch about things, but I'd like to have a fair shot at making the playoffs.

Fifty

If you read what I've said above and then actually go on XBL it'll make more sense. There's no FAQ about the process.

AkaBalla

Who can draft midnight est tonight?

I see about 9 people on aim right now that can draft + Matrix @ midnight = 10 just seeing if Trulize and Jobber could... Post here fella's..

AkaBalla
Fifty
Cold
Rors
DCX
Matrix
Jobberz
DM

Fifty

It'll probably take an hour to an hour and a half. That's just my best guess. 12 people. 1 min max per pick. 12 picks I believe.

AkaBalla

Wellington said:
Midnight is too late for me, unless it's like a ten minute thing.

Ahh ok.. No biggie... Was worth a shot.. Would preranking players make a difference to you? or would ya rather draft your team live?

Regardless someone or a few people will have to prerank i guess it all deends on what night the draft is.

Fifty

AkaBalla said:
Regardless someone or a few people will have to prerank i guess it all deends on what night the draft is.

Right, and if it happened tonight the few people who miss it wouldn't have any time to prerank, as compared to sunday where they'd have time to have ranked. No situation is perfect for everyone sadly.

AkaBalla

AkaBalla said:
Who can draft midnight est tonight?

I see about 9 people on aim right now that can draft + Matrix @ midnight = 10 just seeing if Trulize and Jobber could... Post here fella's..

AkaBalla
Fifty
Cold
Rors
DCX
Matrix
Jobberz
DM

We have 8.. Waiting on Konez, Truelize and ChrisJames.. CB said Wellie said he could draft tonight but it isnt official per Wellie yet..

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
Wow..I'm seventh? :(

That's like one of the worst positions...even last is better. ;b

how can you tell what position your in already?

Fifty

No matter when the draft is, and we're scrambling to sort it out now...It's looking like tonight @ 12 eastern

You can only DRAFT UP TO 2 90 RATED PLAYERS AND 3 80 RATED PLAYERS

I don't know if this'll be an issue, but you cannot go over that. If someone doesn't show for the draft and gets a team that's a little too good we'll figure that out if it happens.

The first league's poll had the majority voting for this option.

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
how can you tell what position your in already?
It's in-game. I'll post the list

1) Akaballa -_-
2) Truelize
3) Jobber
4) DMczaf
5) Coldblooded
6) Cloud2k
7) Rorschach
8) Wellie
9) DCX - DCX - Dee Cee Ex - DCX
10) Chris
11) Fifty
12) Matrix

Look at the first 5...wowz

DMczaf

Konex, Truelize, ChrisJames and possibly Wellie cant do it tonight, so I'm not going to force it.

If you guys want to do it any day before Sunday, we can work something out.

CB3

ChrisJames posted on the league board:

I can draft on Thursday or else late Sunday evening (after 10 EST). I wouldn't be opposed to drafting late Thursday, but I know that a lot of people have to get up early.

DMczaf

Ah, so its Konex, Truelize, and Wellie.

Konex told me no, but he could always prerank his players before going to sleep if we end up getting 11 players in. And I dont know about Wellie, he hasn't replied to me. Truelize is just gone, so no way to ask him.

AkaBalla

Per CB Wellie can draft toight so it looks like Konex and Truelize(waiting for his response) cant... If Truelize can then Konex is the lone ranger...

CB3

CK isnt answering me at the moment, but ill just post what he said to me earlier

18:48] TheColdOne33: take one for the team friend, lets draft tonight!
[18:48] InsecureKillah: If everyone is in
[18:48] InsecureKillah: I will be
[18:49] InsecureKillah: but only if it's 10 or more

It's too bad True's not around, tonight would actually be a lot easier for me. I'm going home this weekend so I'd have to rush back to draft on time.

AkaBalla

Truelize can draft We have a full draft..

Wellie the big rush is with Fifty getting this thread started it took us 1 hr or less to see if everyone can make the draft.. Looks like it worked..!

RoNn 4180 (10:16:23 PM): Hey can u draft tonight?
RoNn 4180 (10:16:28 PM): if u can the draft will be set..
Truelize (10:22:30 PM): i can draft yes
RoNn 4180 (10:24:23 PM): Sweet
RoNn 4180 (10:24:26 PM): Midnight estRoNn 4180
(10:24:28 PM): be there!!

AkaBalla

Note,

The draft is only available on the Xbox. Go into the league and enter the draft lobby. You may also prerank your players now just in case you may be a few mins late.

I suggest drafting players quickly instead of waiting for the whole timer just to make that dreaded surprise pick...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm pumped. But with all the troubles I've had with high ranked players I have no clue who to draft with the second pick.

Eric Snow??

Truelize said:
I'm pumped. But with all the troubles I've had with high ranked players I have no clue who to draft with the second pick.

Eric Snow??

Yeah, I have absolutely no idea who I should draft, but this is gonna kick ass!

Is the draft similar to pro sports where it goes from 12 person to 1st person's pick or does it go where 12 gets 2 picks in a row then 11th person on down?

CB3

ChrisJames said:
Yeah, I have absolutely no idea who I should draft, but this is gonna kick ass!

Is the draft similar to pro sports where it goes from 12 person to 1st person's pick or does it go where 12 gets 2 picks in a row then 11th person on down?

Fifty

I'm so proud of you guys! We didn't have a lot of time to make this decision, but because almost everyone is going to be here it'll go down.

edit: The FAQ online (we can't trust anything though) says it's a snaking draft, just like fantasy leagues...It's the only fair way. So I pick 11th, Matrix picks 12th and 13th, then I pick again.

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:

Eric Snow??
To be honest, anyone who has been good to you. For instance, you have done great with Lewis, i would try to get him.

DCX

Fifty

REMINDER:

TO DO THE DRAFT, go to the league IN THE GAME, NOT ON THE WEBSITE

Thanks and let's hope it goes well and everyone has fun.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Wellington said:
Whoever holds up the draft will get a ban. I need you fools to pick quickly.

You'll wait damn it! I have so many options....hmmm

I wanna trade down...to #7 or #8

Fifty

If you find there are no 90 rated players when it's your 2nd round pick, and you are forced to draft an 80, that 80 will count as your 2nd 90 and you can still draft 3 more 80's

Also..If you'd just prefer to draft a certain player in round 2 and he's rated in the 80's, he can count as your 90 as well.

You do not HAVE to draft 2 90's and 3 80's, that's just the max.

Top Bottom