• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K7 Season 2.5 (FantaSmitch) Discussion

Fifty

I posted this on the league page but I'll post it again

:lol @ Rors taking 44 shots with Smush over 2 games and only 10 with Arenas. Man...

If DM can get the 2K admins to give him a 12th player and this league stays intact, I'll trade Tony Parker (83) for almost any 80 rated player.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
WTF happened to my post this morning?

I just wanted to bring up to the attention of the commishes that I did not pick my last three guys, it was the game, and it picked three guys with 80s ratings that weren't on my ranked list. I had ranked out guys that would fill out my roster the way I wanted to and were below 80 rating but the game picked out C-Webb, Kaman, and some other 80+ guys who I forget. The kicker is that guys that I had on my list went like in the last round, so I know I would have landed them.

What can I do about this? There's no free-agent pool where I can drop or add from.

Matrix said:
My team is ****ing garbage,I have no big men besides Bosh.
Dude, you have 6 guys that are 6'10" or taller. What more do you want?

Fifty

Wellington said:
I just wanted to bring up to the attention of the commishes that I did not pick my last three guys, it was the game, and it picked three guys with 80s ratings that weren't on my ranked list. I had ranked out guys that would fill out my roster the way I wanted to and were below 80 rating but the game picked out C-Webb, Kaman, and some other 80+ guys who I forget. The kicker is that guys that I had on my list went like in the last round, so I know I would have landed them.

What can I do about this? There's no free-agent pool where I can drop or add from.

Yeah, I noticed that during the draft. I guess you have no choice to just keep it as is or trade them to a team that really stinks..or just not play them... I'm ok with it staying as is since there's no great ideas standing out.

I really hope we don't have to re-draft, despite it not going so well. Sure we had some problems, quite a few, and we still have some, but I like my team a lot and having to get all 12 of us together for yet another draft that could be just as glitchy does not sound like fun.

p.s I'll be around @ 2:30 eastern today if anyone wants an afternoon delight.

AkaBalla

Ok i noticed that the draft order was based on alphabetical order of the team names...

I think we should redraft and base the draft on Season 2 standings.. Obviously i would have last pick and i'm ok with that..

Draft Sunday!!!

DCX

DCX
ReDraft. Late Sunday, 11:30- Midnight. Pick the same players except for DM, he would get Paul back and Wellie can take his normal bench players rather than the last three 2K picked for him. The Draft will fly by quickly.

DCX

Fifty

AkaBalla said:
Draft Sunday!!!

Yesterday--

Fifty: Draft Sunday

AkaBalla: Draft Thursday!!!

We wanted to assign the draft order as you said, but DM wasn't able to and it was randomly assigned. Anyway, that's the least of our problems.

edit: Do we know what caused the draft to screw up? If we don't, then we're running the risk of it being even worse than before. Was it because people had pre ranked players? I don't want to have the same problem twice

AkaBalla

Fifty u cant make a draft order.. its always alpha order by teams names.. I dont think you knew that... So dont say youw anted to set a draft order because you really didnt know how. Thats why u have people select the teams in alpha to determine order..

Edit: It doesnt matter i wanted the draft on Thursday i did round up every single person in the league to draft didnt I? In an hr i gathered the troops..LOL

Edit edit: Thats why i had first pick look at the draft order at the website and figure out the team names and it is based on alphabetical order..

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have an issue with the re-draft. I was the first to try and pick Dwight Howard in the third round and I got stuck with Carmelo Anthony. When I went to build the team before the draft I had Peja ranked ahead of 'Melo (better shooting range). So the glitch of getting Melo instead of Howard in the third had a domino effect for me. Peja ended up as the first pick in the fifth round, the only SFs picked between my pick of Melo and what would have been my pick of Peja in the fourth was Kirilenko.

Fifty

Dammit if only DM had 12 players we could sort the rest of this shit out via trades and such. I'd pay a high price to not have to do this again.

Anyone want to play this aft? I'm home now for a while and despite this league seemingly being doomed I want to play. I can't tonight or sat night :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Dude, you have 6 guys that are 6'10" or taller. What more do you want?

How about atleast 1 center thats over 80,the draft screwed me and gave me a shitty center as my 3rd pick,a 70 rated bum.Just cause a guys tall in this game doesnt mean hes good at what I need.

Like I said in the draft room,I dont consider this a fanasty league because some of us didnt get what we wanted or got stuck with bs.You yourself got screwed out of Howard.

I believe pre-ranking caused the massive ****ups.

Fifty

No it wasn't. You broke my very will to play, and that's almost impossible. 17 blocks I think. I tried to drive with Wade because that's his game yet everything is a block in this game. No fouls, just blocks. Granted I was playing the person with the most blocks in S2 who now has Ben Wallace...but still. You did good, but the game was not. Hey it's hard giving 100% after 15 blocks especially when you know the league is not going to exist for long.

AkaBalla

Sorry you feel that way. Shoot more jumpers with Wade his game isnt just PIP. I could do the same with Kobe and dunk all night long, but i dont.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
How about atleast 1 center thats over 80,the draft screwed me and gave me a shitty center as my 3rd pick,a 70 rated bum.Just cause a guys tall in this game doesnt mean hes good at what I need.

Like I said in the draft room,I dont consider this a fanasty league because some of us didnt get what we wanted or got stuck with bs.You yourself got screwed out of Howard.

I believe pre-ranking caused the massive ****ups.

Before I get used to this team, are we going to redo the draft or no?

I think that everyone being present is a must if last night is an indication. It's also very clear that pre-ranking is not a good idea.

Fifty

I think we've got to if DM can't magically get another player. He's tried 3 games now and whenever he starts to play a game it crashes because he only has 11 people. If pre ranking doesn't work this'll really stink because getting all 12 again might not be so easy.

Fifty said:
I think we've got to if DM can't magically get another player. He's tried 3 games now and whenever he starts to play a game it crashes because he only has 11 people. If pre ranking doesn't work this'll really stink because getting all 12 again might not be so easy.

Has 2k responded? Konex said he could email 2k tech support and they could fix the problem for us.

AkaBalla

I think preranking is fine when u dont show up for the draft. While your in the draft and u have preranked players and you try to select someone who isnt on ur prerank list then thats when the issue arise's.. IMO

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well look, it took Aka one hour to get everyone together. Unless people are physically no where near their Xboxen then I don't see how much of a problem it could be to do this. I sacrificed and only slept four hours while still putting in a full 10 hour workday today, so I don't see why we all can't compromise.

Rorschach

:( I like my team now. Besides the one **** up (wtf do I need Terry for!?) wasting an 80 pick, I picked a balanced team. So does this mean the games I played were for nothing?

Fifty said:
I posted this on the league page but I'll post it again

:lol @ Rors taking 44 shots with Smush over 2 games and only 10 with Arenas. Man...
Smush is the best pointguard, nay the best GUARD, in the game!

DMczaf

Well I created another fantasy league, just in case 2K doesnt do anything soon (i sent the email yesterday, and I'm not expecting them to actually fix it since they never fix anything)

League: GAF Fantasy 2
Password: 2ksucks

The draft order will end up being the same again since its in ABC order by Team Name.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
Well I created another fantasy league, just in case 2K doesnt do anything soon (i sent the email yesterday, and I'm not expecting them to actually fix it since they never fix anything)

League: GAF Fantasy 2
Password: 2ksucks

The draft order will end up being the same again since its in ABC order by Team Name.

Lies. You claimed it glitched and all you saw was Philly! How can it be the same when you randomly assign teams!

DMczaf

Wellington said:
Lies. You claimed it glitched and all you saw was Philly! How can it be the same when you randomly assign teams!

You can pick your team manually if you sign up for the league over Xbox Live instead of the website. Thats what most of the people did.

DMczaf

If I have to move the league to GAF Fantasy 2, I was going to have everyone just redraft with their same teams and players, but now I see others had the wrong picks thanks to the server screwup, and since some of you already played some games with your team, you will probably pick different players (like I suspect Fifty will avoid Wade now).

Aka brought up the idea of just picking new teams (which would bring a new draft order, thanks for the alphabetical order draft 2K!!)

Let me know, I'm trying to get this done as quickly as possible. This has been an excellent fantasy experience, btw!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm good for a draft tonight and I could care less if we all have new teams,I just want to pick players I actually want this time around.

DMczaf

And if we're all good with new teams, we could actually have a draft order that doesnt have jobber and aka picking in the top 3. Its the Knicks 1985 Draft all over! CONSPIRACY!

Rorschach

sigh I had a good thing going.... Something always happens to **** me over...I bet next draft, I get a shit team.

DMczaf said:
If I have to move the league to GAF Fantasy 2, I was going to have everyone just redraft with their same teams and players, but now I see others had the wrong picks thanks to the server screwup, and since some of you already played some games with your team, you will probably pick different players (like I suspect Fifty will avoid Wade now).
:lol Fifty was so surprised Wade was still available and he was quick to snatch him up.

Fifty

Nah, I don't hate Wade. I'd do the same thing again if I could. I faced one of the top players in the game, who (as I stated during the draft) has an amazing team, and I gave up too easily after his millionth block. Still.....Wade may be 98, but he's no Kobe/Lebron when it comes to instant offense because of the way the game calls fouls and he has no long range game.

edit: same here ^^

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
who wants to lose to me?!

show up before 7:15pm est in the lobby

COWARDS!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
I just want people signed in, doesn't mean we are moving YET. Maybe 2K might pull off a miracle and actually fix a problem...maybe not.
It's not that...I just can't decide. Should I go with the team I love and am used to seeing (it makes a difference...seriously!) or go with a new team to get the #1 pick? :|

Someone take #1 to make the choice easier.

jobber

Rorschach said:
**** it, my team will suck no matter what. Joined with the Lakers. **** YOU, 2K! No random draft order? BALLS!

I thought we were picking the same players sans the players we didn't want

Rorschach

jobber said:
I thought we were picking the same players sans the players we didn't want
:lol How can that POSSIBLY work? If I didn't want X player, then I would have chosen X which someone else got...which screws them out of someone...chain reaction etc...etc...

jobber

Rorschach said:
:lol How can that POSSIBLY work? If I didn't want X player, then I would have chosen X which someone else got...which screws them out of someone...chain reaction etc...etc...

yawn

good grief

i'm going back to the lobby to wait another 15 minutes.

chumps.

Top Bottom