• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

Smokey said:
Holla at me on the trade wire!
i2t75k.jpg

Smokey

Alright guys. We're still waiting on a few people to confirm, but in the meantime I'll set the tentative launch date for Season 9 as Feb 1..so a week and a half from now. That should be enough time to get games in, mess around with sliders etc.

daw840

Smokey said:
Alright guys. We're still waiting on a few people to confirm, but in the meantime I'll set the tentative launch date for Season 9 as Feb 1..so a week and a half from now. That should be enough time to get games in, mess around with sliders etc.

Oh good. I thought I was going to have to rush out tonight and buy it, lol.

I still might just to get as much practice in as possible

Smokey

daw840 said:
Oh good. I thought I was going to have to rush out tonight and buy it, lol.

I still might just to get as much practice in as possible

I need practice.

I'm slum village right now

terrible

DCX said:
Only because i'm not in the league.

DCX

I'm issuing you a challenge Byron Russell style. You can sell your games for this to prove your first round title was nothing more than a sham!

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
I'm issuing you a challenge Byron Russell style. You can sell your games for this to prove your first round title was nothing more than a sham!
How about this...the game gets donated to me, league members or you...i play you best out of seven games...loser gets banned from NBA 2k leagues forever.

DCX

DiddyBop

so sad i cant join you guys this season, ill try my best to make it for season 10, ill be practicing on the ps3 in the meantime.

daw840

I will pick this up on my way home tonight.

edit: What the hell happened to the Madden league? I went to bed and woke up to this shit!

the madden league is getting 2k-ed!

when are we starting this damn league? btw I have set up a small 8 player tournament. ask me if you're interested or if you want, I think its called GAF Tourney 1 and the pass is qwerty. i think there's already 4 of us

Code:
[U]
[B]Gaf handle                 Team
[/B][/U]                              
[b]chaoticprout            [b] magic                     
ecnal                    Blazers[/b]
raging spaniard          grizzlies
smokey                   rockettes
pheeniks                 heat
zep                      Bulls
viakado                  lakers                     
charsace                 Nuggets
anachronous_one          Hawks                     
aznpxdd                  Cavs                                               
konex (Cloudy)           Bobcats                                                       
WITNESS2K9               Mavs                              
parasight                Kings
mr stroke                Hornets 
cb3                      Raptors     
daw                      Celtics
DM                       Thunder
DCX                      Knicks
rjnavarrete              Suns
LongTimeLurker           spurs[/b]
since we really havent talked about rules on picking teams. im just using the rules currently in place as a primer.
everyone has a team except for daw and azn. Both want the celtics.
Both of you play a best of 3 series.
Winner gets the celtics. loser gets to pick from the remaining 13 teams.
if both of you can't play out your series, i'll decide who gets the celtics with a simple flip of the coin.

ph33nix said:
when are we starting this damn league?
league starts FEB 1st, you baffoon.

daw840 said:
I thought vets got priority!! :p
they do. its just putting the league on hiatus brings about unexpected situations and problems.
like i said, im using the existing rules as a primer and the original list of players that have been waiting since october. and its only fair they keep the team they were assigned to. its not really fair for someone to come in and take someone else's team without any challenges involved. so i realized a unique situation with its own unique problem requires a unique solution. so you two fighting it out is the best answer to this.

daw840

viakado said:
they do. its just putting the league on hiatus brings about unexpected situations and problems.
like i said, im using the existing rules as a primer and the original list of players that have been waiting since october. and its only fair they keep the team they were assigned to. its not really fair for someone to come in and take someone else's team without any challenges involved. so i realized a unique situation with its own unique problem requires a unique solution. so you two fighting it out is the best answer to this.

I was kidding, that's fine. I thought ":p" was indicative of that....

Smokey

I sent invites to everybody in kado's list except:

mr stroke, parasight, rinse82, raging spaniard

The OP has also been updated with league settings and other things.

Smokey said:
I sent invites to everybody in kado's list except:

mr stroke, parasight, rinse82, raging spaniard

The OP has also been updated with league settings and other things.

you bitch!

charsace

Anyone know what the problem with the crew mode is? I made the second coming of Clyde Frazier and can't even play a damn game.

ecnal

ph33nix said:
the madden league is getting 2k-ed!

when are we starting this damn league? btw I have set up a small 8 player tournament. ask me if you're interested or if you want, I think its called GAF Tourney 1 and the pass is qwerty. i think there's already 4 of us

i can't find it in the search, invite me.

edit: nm, got in.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I have defected from the Bulls to the Raptors if Diddy isnt taking them.If so ill take the Warriors (provided the whole team isnt on the injury list in league play). I already suck on offense and the Bulls arent helping that

so what is azn's new status on the league? new xbox?

btw fuck you viakado for telling I was paranoid about his xbox live. you got shown the way son

yo what the fuck someone tell me why this is happening, maybe its a glitch I don't know about. I didn't bother reading all the glitches "fixed" in the patch cause the whole game was shit but...

"my player" is a SG for the Mavs and I'm in my 21st game and starting. but wtf the game I get most excited for (against the heat) won't let me play....I'm basically watching the game from the fucking crowd and I can't do anything on the court. That's literally all it is, me sitting in the fucking stands watching the game. WTF?

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:

btw fuck you viakado for telling I was paranoid about his xbox live. you got shown the way son

yo what the fuck someone tell me why this is happening, maybe its a glitch I don't know about. I didn't bother reading all the glitches "fixed" in the patch cause the whole game was shit but...

"my player" is a SG for the Mavs and I'm in my 21st game and starting. but wtf the game I get most excited for (against the heat) won't let me play....I'm basically watching the game from the fucking crowd and I can't do anything on the court. That's literally all it is, me sitting in the fucking stands watching the game. WTF?
It's a sign...

DCX

Smokey

Zep is heading out to get a 360 so he'll be the 18th player, and he wants DA BULLS since CB3 defected to the Raps.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Smokey said:
Zep is heading out to get a 360 so he'll be the 18th player, and he wants DA BULLS since CB3 defected to the Raps.

Zep will be MIA by game 4

ph33nix said:
azn is still in league chump.

Smokey said:
correction. zep will be the 17th. i just received a pm from rinse82. he's out.
we're back to 17 again.:lol
CB3 said:
I have defected from the Bulls to the Raptors if Diddy isnt taking them.
done.

ph33nix said:

damn it nobody knows?

DMczaf

For people who don't have it yet, Gamestop.com and in-store has it for $39.99 PLUS they have a $7 off + Free Shipping deal this weekend

So you get it $32.99 + Free Shipping

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
For people who don't have it yet, Gamestop.com and in-store has it for $39.99 PLUS they have a $7 off + Free Shipping deal this weekend

So you get it $32.99 + Free Shipping
where? I'm on the site and it's 39.99 shipping like 5...total like 48 :/

DCX

Top Bottom