• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

charsace

ph33nix said:
I think you might have scored 50 PIP by the first half there son. you might not wanna pass it to the front of the rim on 90% of the fucking plays
I didn't break 50 and if the passing lanes are there I will take them. Stay in front of guys and stops using lock-on defense too much and that won't happen. It's not like I was passing to melo and calling iso. Billups and JR aren't faster than Chalmers and Wade. You're out of position on defense of course you are going to get burned.

ecnal said:
andre/webster for billups/trash

or

andre/rudy for billups/someone decent
Billups is much better than both guys combined in this game. His passing, 3point shooting, and midrange shot are top notch and his defense is good. I am only putting this trade on the table because I need guard depth.

I'm gonna have a really hard time playing this game if we don't make major slider adjustments

defensive awareness has to be raised. im tired of watching my dudes chase down people and leaving other dudes open for no reason, even if i tell them to guard their man tight. and we need to turn down passing. too many miracle passes make it to the front of the rim]

and hunter you literally fast break on every play like ecnal does. every play. its hard as fuck to defend because i have "get back" all the way and my sliders still backpedal nice and easy while your dudes sprint ahead. its fucking ridiculous to watch happen

charsace

ph33nix said:
I'm gonna have a really hard time playing this game if we don't make major slider adjustments

defensive awareness has to be raised. im tired of watching my dudes chase down people and leaving other dudes open for no reason, even if i tell them to guard their man tight. and we need to turn down passing. too many miracle passes make it to the front of the rim
Nothing is wrong with defensive awareness or passing. I didn't throw one jump pass in either game I just made sure that my pgs were making the pass to cutters. You were jump passing the entire game. Those are miracle passes not passes to cutters. Nothing wrong with the way defenders help on defense. They are much better in 2k10 than in 2k9. You weren't stopping dribble penetration. In the middle of the second quarter I stopped using iso moves and just started running right pass chalmers and you still didn't cut the drive off.

ecnal

ph33nix said:
and hunter you literally fast break on every play like ecnal does.

u mad?

charsace said:
Billups is much better than both guys combined in this game. His passing, 3point shooting, and midrange shot are top notch and his defense is good. I am only putting this trade on the table because I need guard depth.

miller has a 90 pass, 90+ handle, 90+ ball security, etc.

the only thing billups is better than miller in is 3pt shooting,slightly better midrange shot, and a bunch of other defensive statistics in which he is only marginally better.

besides, given specific categorical ratings (dunk, speed, and 3pt shooting) rudy is better than billups, offensively.

miller/webster for billups and trash OR miller/rudy for billups and someone decent.

webster gives you depth because he can play the 2 or the 3, and he can guard both positions adequately--he'll get no playing time behind batum/outlaw.

ecnal

331k503.jpg

charsace said:
You got so lucky against me in that last playoff game we played. You pulled off some lucky bs with Wade and I want revenge.

hahaha there was no anwer for wade in that series, he scored 50 points in 17 minutes, I figured out his shot release and got it perfect in 2k9:lol :lol u had kobe, so there are no excuses:D

charsace

WITNESS2K9 said:
hahaha there was no anwer for wade in that series, he scored 50 points in 17 minutes, I figured out his shot release and got it perfect in 2k9:lol :lol u had kobe, so there are no excuses:D
Final seconds of the fourth quarter and I called a double team with 2 high level defenders (for sure one was Kobe) and you split the double and hit a jumper that was less than a foot inside the 3 pt line. I wonder if there is a replay of it somewhere? Was the most upsetting loss I suffered in 2k9. I came back thanks to a great fourth quarter by Kobe only to lose the way I did.

charsace said:
Final seconds of the fourth quarter and I called a double team with 2 high level defenders (for sure one was Kobe) and you split the double and hit a jumper that was less than a foot inside the 3 pt line. I wonder if there is a replay of it somewhere? Was the most upsetting loss I suffered in 2k9. I came back thanks to a great fourth quarter by Kobe only to lose the way I did.

u already know i had the replay
http://community.2ksports.com/community/media/viewer.cfm?mediaid=55616

Smokey

charsace said:

High level defenders?

I see OJ Mayo and Derrick Rose in that replay lol

RJNavarrete said:
Everyone except Amare is available. Holla.

I'm pretty sure Nash is your highest rated player, so your post would be incorrect.

DCX

DCX
DreamcastKC: Its a seven game series
DreamcastKC: You won't won the next..box and 1 with prince guarding wade
DreamcastKC: Dude...when in doubt u run to wade
DreamcastKC: I take wade away even if those other guys score u don't trust them enough
DreamcastKC: Trust me...u will lose game 2
DreamcastKC: Avatar bet...u mcgrady this series
DreamcastKC: I get a wade one u get marbury and his vaseline
DreamcastKC: The loser has to wear the avatar til knicks and heat play...if heat win u can shed the avatar and vice versa ...

It's on.

Never forget.

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
DreamcastKC: Its a seven game series
DreamcastKC: You won't won the next..box and 1 with prince guarding wade
DreamcastKC: Dude...when in doubt u run to wade
DreamcastKC: I take wade away even if those other guys score u don't trust them enough
DreamcastKC: Trust me...u will lose game 2
DreamcastKC: Avatar bet...u mcgrady this series
DreamcastKC: I get a wade one u get marbury and his vaseline
DreamcastKC: The loser has to wear the avatar til knicks and heat play...if heat win u can shed the avatar and vice versa ...

It's on.

Never forget.

DCX

fuck you

kado said:
smokey, the 2 that wanted to join bailed.
fire up the league!!

Not yet. I'm still working on sliders. So if anybody wants to play come on down.

20 is a good number so we'll leave it locked at that. Anybody else will have to be a replacement.

So now that we have the final group I can do the fun part of making division / conferences !

Top Bottom