• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Should've joined us in the revolucion you bastards. I saw this coming from a mile away.

vq1utz.png

Smokey

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 killer...meet Battlefield Bad Company 2:

MP footage from upcoming PS3 beta:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/arica-harbour-battlefield-bad/58728

shit looks beastly, and amazing.

PS3 exclusive beta again shows why the P3 is a superior platform than 360.

Matrix said:
"i'd rather do another 2k9 league before i jump ship to your sorry ass live league."

How long can those cheap fucks afford to keep the 2k9 servers up for?

I'm thinkin' about making a thread on the gaming side putting 2k on blast. Not enough people know about the scam they are pulling. I know 2K devs read the gaming side, and they should know what sacks of shit they are and I want my $60 back.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think you should make the thread.

Now to open that class action lawsuit :p

edit- wow video :eek:

ecnal

Smokey said:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 killer...meet Battlefield Bad Company 2:

MP footage from upcoming PS3 beta:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/arica-harbour-battlefield-bad/58728

shit looks beastly, and amazing.

PS3 exclusive beta again shows why the P3 is a superior platform than 360.

I'm thinkin' about making a thread on the gaming side putting 2k on blast. Not enough people know about the scam they are pulling. I know 2K devs read the gaming side, and they should know what sacks of shit they are and I want my $60 back.

wow video is amazing. gimme.

also make the thread. fuck 2K.

ecnal

Ronnie2K said:
League Roster rolled back to deal with league issues. Should make league play easier until next update.

huh?

so 3rd patch is coming or leagues can be fixed server side without a patch?

I need to know if we are doing this because otherwise I will be trading the game in.

Even if we are actually allowed to play the game we purchased the central gameplay is still flawed so I'm kinda pissed about that too. Might still trade it in.

Smokey

kirbybreezy said:
I need to know if we are doing this because otherwise I will be trading the game in.

Even if we are actually allowed to play the game we purchased the central gameplay is still flawed so I'm kinda pissed about that too. Might still trade it in.

i'd say at this point just trade it in.

only reason i won't trade my copy in is I paid $60 for this and I am determined to get some value out of it. so i stick to My Player because that mode is decent fun, but anything outside of that seems to not work.

My Player still has issues too but i haven't ran into any since the patch. imagine that!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey, trade this piece of shit on amazon.com and get $30 amazon store credit to be used on anything.

That's what I'm doing.

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
i traded my copy in towards mw2.
got $37 at Gamestop for it.
im not so angry anymore.
You ass...you were basically all i played with online :( No more crews..fuck 2K. NBA 2k11 might as well have coupons for sex with your teams cheerleaders and it still won't get my money. I guess this will be the first game i trade in.

DCX

DCX said:
You ass...you were basically all i played with online :( No more crews..fuck 2K. NBA 2k11 might as well have coupons for sex with your teams cheerleaders and it still won't get my money. I guess this will be the first game i trade in.

DCX
if i wasn't going to trade it in, i was gonna go all hunter on the disc.
after i tried an hour to get a crew game going (after the patch, mind you), i finally gave up and decided to trade it in.

Pheeniks, i hope you like my new avatar.

DCX

DCX
viakado said:
if i wasn't going to trade it in, i was gonna go all hunter on the disc.
after i tried an hour to get a crew game going (after the patch, mind you), i finally gave up and decided to trade it in.

Pheeniks, i hope you like my new avatar.
I guess with trading or selling it i'll be getting COD MW2 afterall.

DCX

DCX said:
I guess with trading or selling it i'll be getting COD MW2 afterall.

DCX

this is a decision you will absolutely not regret...

seeing that we played like 5-6 hours straight the other night :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Are there folks who still want to play? The game isn't perfect but some of these complaints are pretty hyperbolic. I think we could still have fun in a league...

Smokey

Cloudy said:
Are there folks who still want to play? The game isn't perfect but some of these complaints are pretty hyperbolic. I think we could still have fun in a league...

i still have the game

i refuse to let 2k win.

ecnal

Ronnie2K said:
No word on the status of another patch. If I get one, will pass along.

so i dunno what his other update was about in relation to leagues. i doubt they can be fixed server side, and it appears that there is not a 3rd patch in the works.

game is currently as-is and will remain so into the foreseeable future. :/

HoTHiTTeR

So, I got a question, and since you guys seem to know the game as well as anyone I'm gonna ask here. I was gonna reply to Ronnie on Twitter but hes out for this bday :lol

Ok, I thought I understood the NBA CBA and Salary Cap structure; I'm in season 1 of a new association mode created post-patch on Xbox360. I'm the magic. Carter got hurt in game 2 (shocker...) he healed and I traded him for Dirk and a draft pick. I'm currently in January and I want to sign him to a new 2+1 @ 12mill deal starting in 2010-2011. I've opened up some cap room and have 4.2m under the salary cap, and almost 37m under the Hard Cap.
When I go to sign him, it says I don't have the available room under the hard cap to sign him.

What am I doing wrong here?

Example:

2k2.jpg

2k1.jpg

Smokey

HoTHiTTeR said:
So, I got a question, and since you guys seem to know the game as well as anyone I'm gonna ask here. I was gonna reply to Ronnie on Twitter but hes out for this bday :lol

Ok, I thought I understood the NBA CBA and Salary Cap structure; I'm in season 1 of a new association mode created post-patch on Xbox360. I'm the magic. Carter got hurt in game 2 (shocker...) he healed and I traded him for Dirk and a draft pick. I'm currently in January and I want to sign him to a new 2+1 @ 12mill deal starting in 2010-2011. I've opened up some cap room and have 4.2m under the salary cap, and almost 37m under the Hard Cap.
When I go to sign him, it says I don't have the available room under the hard cap to sign him.

What am I doing wrong here?

Example:

2k2.jpg

2k1.jpg

It would not surprise me at ALL if this was a glitch.

With that said, I think the majority of us here just played(ed) the game in the Online Leagues mode. I could be wrong though, and maybe somebody can help you out.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Posted this in the "scam" thread in the Gaming forum, but thought I'd put it here, too.

Not sure how recently this updated roster hit, but it "fixed" the Carlos Arroyo issue.

For those of you that don't know, an earlier roster update was released that included the addition of Carlos Arroyo to the Miami Heat. It also added melanin to Carlos Arroyo:

old-arroyo.jpg

Well, as promised, 2K "fixed" that problem with the most recent roster update . . . or DID they?:

new-arroyo.jpg

Now who the hell is THAT supposed to be?

The Bald Man from Fringe:
the-bald-man-fringe.jpg

Or Carlos Arroyo:
real-arroyo.jpg

They changed the skin tone, but then gave him a face utterly devoid of any distinguishing characteristics?! Is that REALLY their idea of a fix?

This sort of "fix" really kind of sums up the sloppiness that I, and many other 2K fans, have overlooked in the series for the past couple years. I'm not sure who is controlling the QA and calling the shots, or why things seem to be on the downward slide the past few years, but this is ridiculous.

Zep

Banned
i wish i could tell you my thoughts... i installed the patch, but when it starts going through all the checks before you can play, i get locked up at "retreiving crew details, please wait". freezes up every time

I downloaded this patch, and then when it says connecting to 2k sports, it does, and then it just freezes on the picture of Kobe!

I turn my internet off, and then it loads fine on the Ps3

I am getting angry
Patch installed - Tried three different times with a league game=No connection
Tried 10 minutes later with another league mate= A perfect game,with no issues
Tried a third friend=Connection lost 3rd quarter

can't get into ANY online game. worked pre-patch. deleted all cache files and re-updated. unfortunate situation.

LOL there ain't shit fixed..

give it a couple of days to really know how wide spread server stability really is.
im reading hits and misses on operation sports forum as well.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Is the patch out for both systems? We could always have a small trial league for a week.

wow, 3 months later and shit still doesn't work?

i'm honestly never buying nba 2kx on day 1 again. infact, the only sports game i'm ever buying day 1 again is madden.... and MAYBE ncaa next year! thank you tiburon, even though you didn't deliver everything you said you would, at least your features actually work on a very basic level out of the box.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wow, 3 months later and shit still doesn't work?

i'm honestly never buying nba 2kx on day 1 again. infact, the only sports game i'm ever buying day 1 again is madden.... and MAYBE ncaa next year! thank you tiburon, even though you didn't deliver everything you said you would, at least your features actually work on a very basic level out of the box.

yup 3 months later and we're still waiting to see if feature(s) work. i'm with you, i won't be buying a bball game on day 1. instead i'll be gameflying both bball games next yr.

only reason i'm still holding out hope for 2k10 is because i still have the game, and would like to get some type of 'enjoyment' out of it.

Matrix

I'm happy I at least got $35 back for this piece of shit.

Never again on day one 2k .... NEVER AGAIN!

Hey guys,
Just wanted to make sure everyone was squared away here. We figured out the issue on Friday and needed 36 hours for the fix to be fully put into place. Seems like things are good, but just want to put up a note and see if anyone was having this issue.

This won't be an issue for 360 because we got it fixed quite quickly.

Ronnie2k

patch drops in the next 72 hours for 360. i need my damn 2k fix dammit. let's make league happen. :(

let me know if you're down.

daw840

viakado said:
patch drops in the next 72 hours for 360. i need my damn 2k fix dammit. let's make league happen. :(

let me know if you're down.

Let me know if the patch works. I will go check Gamestop for a used copy. If I can find one I am down.

pilonv1

pilonv1 said:
patch is up, this better be good

:lol :lol :lol who was i kidding

tally for this evening:

1/1 Pickup Games disconnected
4/4 Player Games disconnected
4/4 Ranked Games disconnected

I didn't even see one tipoff.

INTO THE BIN WITH YOU NBA 2K10

we'll need confirmation on league games stability.

some feedbacks:

crew games workin pretty good so far
I love the improvement on the defense, the game is a lot better and also more contact in the paint

my first game i beat the griz with raptors. The biggest thing i see is jump passes going out of bounds, baseline layups didnt work for my opponent. More blocks in the paint and i saw contact when opponent was standing beneath the rim for a cheap layup. biggest thing is players get tired and they play like it . Rudy *** was killin turk until he got tired then he would miss layups , open jumpers etc. worthless until got time on the bench. Will jump on leagues when i return home. Fatigue also seemed to be faster in ranked games. Couldnt play my starters entire first quarter withou them being on 1 bar. Blocking is easier i blocked rudy ***s dunks 3 times with bosh.

cherry pickin seems to not work anymore, nice.
refs sometimes still not passin the ball.
defense looks alright to me.
2k gotta fix this *****in games-not-countin issue though.

hell yea works great, big thing is are the leagues working.

29 players still don't have pictures, beaubois, arroyo and david andersen still look like crap in 3d, but, apart from that, the patch is...great?!? Thanx a lot 2k! I'm done with this game.

Just tried the patch

game ran smooth until my opponent dashboarded me

I just blew out 3 Cavs cheese heads by 30 pts a peice. I play onball defence and i am deadly. holla at ur boy

yup defence are really good right now in this game!

daw840

BTW, I just read that OP. I am PROUD to be included in the drama of the first quotes up there. PROUD I tell you. If this league does work, I WILL have Barry on my team again. Whatever the cost.

sweet, more positive preliminary reports on the patch including teamup/crew.
good sign.

also, i have about 14 heads counted for league and a few more that hasn't responded yet.

edit: complaints are sprouting up. so basically mixed feedbacks. hopefully a league gets going soon so we'll have a report on it.

Top Bottom