• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

I assume you're linking to the series page from the test tourney that's still in progress.

What's 0-1? The series goes to seven, trolling fool.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
serious question:

What's the state of NBA 2K10 right now?

Does everything work correctly, are there any glitches left, etc?

Smokey

ph33nix said:
I assume you're linking to the series page from the test tourney that's still in progress.

What's 0-1? The series goes to seven, trolling fool.

but...it says you're 0-3....

Cerrius said:
serious question:

core game is fine. the patch even made it better then the core game from launch day.
the only mode that doesn't work is crew game. which is a bummer. i really enjoy that mode.

....but if you really dig live10's control, then you're gonna be real disappointed with 2k10's control philosophy.

charsace

Cerrius said:
serious question:

League works for one thing. Control over wings isn't as exact as live, but the post game has been improved.

smokey, before you make league. we need to discuss the issue of the shitty manual defense.
its shit.
either you need to slow down the gameplay from 50 to 45, or bring up defensive assist to somewhere between 25-50.

Smokey

DMczaf said:
Just booted it up

This is the worst menu system.

Every season 2K has a terrible menu system, and every year they change it and it's still terrible.

viakado said:
smokey, before you make league. we need to discuss the issue of the shitty manual defense.
its shit.
either you need to slow down the gameplay from 50 to 45, or bring up defensive assist to somewhere between 25-50.

Yes manual defense is harder this year, but the other alternative is to have people sitting on their C the entire game and uhh...that is garbage.

I'd like to test out what you said though especially lowering game speed.

Zep

Banned
He didnt test shit, he just sat there and complained while I input some badass sliders for our game.

daw840

I am going to throw this out there. We REALLY need to turn off the "kick ball" foul from our league. It calls that shit way too often IMO.

charsace

viakado said:
its shit.
Nothing wrong with manual defense. Nothing wrong with kick ball either. You just have to time when you press the steal button.

charsace said:
Nothing wrong with manual defense. Nothing wrong with kick ball either. You just have to time when you press the steal button.

There's everything wrong with manual defense and that's the only reason you beat me

ecnal

the computer defense is even worse than a human, so i don't really understand what anyone would suggest other than manual-d.

the notion of increasing d-awareness by ~20 something points is absurd. it completely ruins the gameplay because then defenders have ridiculously fast reaction times, deflect passes they shouldn't even see, etc.

and i think there's a huge misunderstanding of what holding the L-trigger does this year compared to last.

2K9, L-trigger was your defensive assist, it helped you stay in front of a guy.

2K10, L-trigger is not entirely a defensive assist, it's your defensive intensity as well--holding it makes your defender body up the offensive player.

if your defender has bad on-ball d, speed, etc, and you're holding down L-trigger the whole time, you're going to get beat, period.

so, in essence, you can't just hold down L-trigger on defense the whole time and expect to be effective. you have to play defense by anticipating where the drive is going, forcing players other ways, etc (by means of not just holding down L-trigger and expecting the CPU to play defense for you).

charsace

ph33nix said:
There's everything wrong with manual defense and that's the only reason you beat me
I had no problem with playing defense against you. The problem with some of you is that you don't understand how to play team defense and don't take advantage of the off hand system.

Kick ball is great this year because in 2k9 half the steals people would get off of me were deflects off of someone's leg. defensive players don't perfectly deflect every pass they touch.

Zep

Banned
Well for the most part the sliders are done..Maybe a little tweaking of certain tendencies that could help recovery.

I don't like the game default online..Way too fast with no pace.

pilonv1

ecnal said:
so, in essence, you can't just hold down L-trigger on defense the whole time and expect to be effective. you have to play defense by anticipating where the drive is going, forcing players other ways, etc (by means of not just holding down L-trigger and expecting the CPU to play defense for you).

right stick defense this year is important too, especially off the ball. you're almost better off ignoring LT and using the right and left sticks only to play defense.

uhhh manual defense is really hard when "some" people in this league take a man and dribble in multiple directions till they lose the defender which is a hell of a lot easier to do considering some of the jerky animations the defender has to deal with.

Smokey

Zep said:
Well for the most part the sliders are done..Maybe a little tweaking of certain tendencies that could help recovery.

I don't like the game default online..Way too fast with no pace.

I don't have em on me, but when you get a chance can you post them for others to see?

charsace

ph33nix said:
uhhh manual defense is really hard when "some" people in this league take a man and dribble in multiple directions till they lose the defender which is a hell of a lot easier to do considering some of the jerky animations the defender has to deal with.
lol if you are talking about me. All I was doing the whole game was the regular iso crossover and the behind the back dribble. Dribble moves are more effective against you if you are always trying to shadow the hand that the ball is in.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I can remember hunters behind the back dribble :lol

The only problem with D i have is in the low post. If you dont time your jump exactly right dudes like Pau just do no miss

charsace

CB3 said:
I can remember hunters behind the back dribble :lol

The only problem with D i have is in the low post. If you dont time your jump exactly right dudes like Pau just do no miss
Yes, low post defense is a fucking problem. It was the same in 2k9. The guy that figures out the post scoring in this game will be hard to stop. 2k9 smokey was a fucking animal in the post. He could do more than the up and under (which was the extent of most people's post game in 2k9). The guy that learns how to do the post drop step will be hard to stop.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The up and under was such bullshit. i hated everyone that used it with a passion

Smokey

Sucks that I can't work on the post game w/ Mr Yao Ming. I'm sure I'll figure it out with him within the first 5 games or so.

THREE MORE DAYS UNTIL LAUNCH

Jermaine can play in the post in this game like it's 2001. That's the problem!

Another problem is I think I traded him but oh well :(

Smokey

Inivites have been sent to everybody for the league except:

Spaniard, parasight, mr stroke, and LongTimeLurker

I don't have your guys' GT.

Smokey

daw840 said:
Wow Smokey, I don't think I have ever beaten you at BBall before. GG man.

I will be lucky to win 10 games.

I can't really get the shot releases down and I can't practice with Yao or TRACY.

Smokey said:
Inivites have been sent to everybody for the league except:

Spaniard, parasight, mr stroke, and LongTimeLurker

I don't have your guys' GT.

Did you PM them? We could get everyone in tomorrow...

Top Bottom