• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

Smokey

phenniks, dcx, and ecnal I just promoted you all to admin status.

so you should all be able to advance schedule, trades and other admin stuff.

--

Code:
[U]
Gaf handle                 Team

chaoticprout             magic                     
raging spaniard          grizzlies
anachronous_one          Hawks                     
aznpxdd                  Cavs                                               
konex (Cloudy)           Bobcats                                                       
WITNESS2K9               Mavs                              
mr stroke                Hornets 
LongTimeLurker           spurs

We are waiting on these people to accept invite into the league....

LongTime is going to accept tomorrow since he is out of town atm.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Yo fellas, signed in and accepted. Sorry about the lack of contact, I was out most of the day yesterday --- wife and kids were bouncing back and forth from Netflix to Civ Rev, it appears.

EDIT: AM I DOING IT RITE?!? ;)
<--------

Smokey

TODAY IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE DAY MEN

Code:
Gaf handle                 Team

chaoticprout             magic                     
aznpxdd                  Cavs                                               
konex (Cloudy)           Bobcats                                                       
WITNESS2K9               Mavs                              
mr stroke                Hornets 
LongTimeLurker           spurs

LongTime will sign in today..chaotic, spaniard, and azn are always present in the nba threads..konex has a broken 360 but said that could be (possibly) solved today..i'm not even sure mr stoke is alive

i don't understand

Smokey

Tomorrow I'm rolling with whoever is signed in (after LOST is over). If people aren't signed in by that time then sorry.

Smokey

ecnal said:
i think longtimelurker got banned, so i'm not sure if he's in anymore... i would assume not.

yup so we're at 18 now.

may be less than that though tomorrow night.

I'm trying to let everybody in who wants to, but I posted about today being the start of the league a week ago and still have 5+ people who have not signed in.

So tomorrow after LOST I'm going with the people who are already signed in and ready to go.

ecnal

sounds good.

people have had an ample amount of time to turn on their xbox, boot up 2K10, and accept an invite.

Me and Zep are signing in with dummy accounts right now to take care of Stroke and Parasight's absences. We're just waiting on Longtimelurker, Konex, Azn, and Chaotic.

Which one of you will be the 2k's version of Bob!?

Smokey

ph33nix said:
Me and Zep are signing in with dummy accounts right now to take care of Stroke and Parasight's absences. We're just waiting on Longtimelurker, Konex, Azn, and Chaotic.

Which one of you will be the 2k's version of Bob!?

This is getting taking care of now.

So the other four..they sign in tonite..we can launch tonite.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Some news today that could have huge effect on the future of the NBA Live series as provided by community manager Yaw Obiri-Yeboah. Lead Gameplay Designer Mike Wang has left the development team after just one year heading up the franchise. This is a discouraging development given the stature he was presented as having by EA Sports and the drastic improvements seen from NBA Live as of late.

Wrap it up :(

Smokey

Some news today that could have huge effect on the future of the NBA Live series as provided by community manager Yaw Obiri-Yeboah. Lead Gameplay Designer Mike Wang has left the development team after just one year heading up the franchise. This is a discouraging development given the stature he was presented as having by EA Sports and the drastic improvements seen from NBA Live as of late

wtf

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ph33nix said:
"Hey Hunter are you okay? It's been 5 seconds since you said something" :lol :lol

He becomes like White Noise after a while. As soon as it stops its like "WTF"

charsace

Some news today that could have huge effect on the future of the NBA Live series as provided by community manager Yaw Obiri-Yeboah. Lead Gameplay Designer Mike Wang has left the development team after just one year heading up the franchise. This is a discouraging development given the stature he was presented as having by EA Sports and the drastic improvements seen from NBA Live as of late.
:mad:

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Honestly, if out of a team of 100 people your success depends on ONE person, youre doing it wrong. Games are never about one guy anymore, its about the team.

Zep

Banned
One person who knows the ins-outs of the game of basketball is needed...And Wang was that.

Just look at Madden and their terrible gameplay...They've had shit offensive line play for 10yrs and why has it been that way? Because they have people who don't know shit about football, making it.

So I disagree with one person not making a difference in sports gaming.

Triple U

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Honestly, if out of a team of 100 people your success depends on ONE person, youre doing it wrong. Games are never about one guy anymore, its about the team.
Yeah but the lead gameplay designer is the most important person on that team. I mean wang had the final sayso about almost every major aspect of the game. A big loss indeed.

ecnal

Some news today that could have huge effect on the future of the NBA Live series as provided by community manager Yaw Obiri-Yeboah. Lead Gameplay Designer Mike Wang has left the development team after just one year heading up the franchise. This is a discouraging development given the stature he was presented as having by EA Sports and the drastic improvements seen from NBA Live as of late

mkaec1.gif

well fuck, next season in basketball games is gonna be bad :(

pilonv1

oh shit

"I don't want to get too much into specifics for '2K11,' but the focus over here has always been to make the best basketball sim," said Wang. "That's something that the guys over at EA, they don't always have that same focus. They want to make a different kind of game this year."

:lol amazing

Top Bottom