• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

I think I read somewhere they've been doing server maintenance

is it me or does this happen every year? connections are bad, people get disconnected, then they say "oh damn we didn't know that many of you would buy the game" and then they do server maintenance several times, and we always wonder if they actually did anything, then we spend a few weeks played some busted up shit while waiting for the next year's game and "server problems" to fix itself

FUCK THAT

Smokey

Whenever the severs get back up I'll approve these trades. I also need to send pilon an invite. Pilon is in AUS so his availability might be limited during the weeknights because you know..he's on the other side of the world, but weekends should be good to go with him.

And yes these 2k server crap happens every season and coincidentally at just the right times :/. That's one reason why the amount of days between advancements is 10 days. You know at least 2 of those are gonna get fucked by 2k :/

Also when I picked the best player from each roster I went off the website. The website ratings may be different from actual game ratings so let me know if that's the case.

My aim handle is dboythagr8 and I'm always available even on mobile so just hit me up if anybody has a question about something.

Edit: If you're going to make a trade with somebody just post it in here so that others in the league are aware of it.

chaoticprout said:
who the fuck is the Bulls, jesus wtf

:lol

Zep. He had a mini- meltdown yesterday but it's all good now :lol

anachronous_one said:
Pursuant to Smokey's rule that we post any pending trades:
:|

Smokey said:
Edit: If you're going to make a trade with somebody just post it in here so that others in the league are aware of it.

thats the dumbest thing i've ever read.
any potential deal has to be posted here?
it'll get cockblocked every single time. nothing will get done.
i understand (co)commishes having their trades public before it goes to vote, but to everyone else?
gtfo!

Smokey

viakado said:
thats the dumbest thing i've ever read.
any potential deal has to be posted here?
it'll get cockblocked every single time. nothing will get done.
i understand (co)commishes having their trades public before it goes to vote, but to everyone else?
gtfo!

WHEN
IT
GETS
APPROVED

why would you reveal your hand while you are working on it ?

I'm talking about after it's been approved

chaoticprout said:
I agree with viakado, gotta keep that shit under the radar until commish's approve it
agreed. agreements has to be undewraps. you already have to go through commish approval anyways so whats the point of making it public?

btw, from ronnie2K's twitter.

Hope end of week(server). Word about server maintenance shortly
posted 16hours ago.

also this:
Mike Wang, Price Break, Dev Interviews about 2K11 and Online, 2M Sold Worldwide
posted 16hours ago.

Smokey said:
WHEN IT GETS APPROVED YOU DICK
oh.
AFTER its approved.
thats a big difference.:lol

dont we already do that anyways??
making big raucous celebrations about their trades with idiotic postings and funny nba pics?

dirk_superlyrical.jpg

Smokey

viakado said:
oh.
AFTER its approved.
thats a big difference.:lol

dont we already do that anyways??
making big raucous celebrations about their trades with idiotic postings and funny nba pics?

All I'm saying is after it's been approved just post it here so it's not a mystery. I just don't want to hear about how so and so didn't hear about this trade, when did that happen etc.

Just stop by post the trade and that's it.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Smokey said:
All I'm saying is after it's been approved just post it here so it's not a mystery. I just don't want to hear about how so and so didn't hear about this trade, when did that happen etc.

Just stop by post the trade and that's it.
Gotcha. Sorry about the misunderstanding, I read that post of yours while I was up late last night trying to connect to the 2K servers, and also saw all of the players being posted re: the Bulls/Heat trade and apparently misunderstood your intent.

Good deal, I was wondering why you'd want every proposed trade put out there.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Ronnie2K on Twitter 20 hrs ago said:
RT @waitsone@Ronnie2K Whats going on w/ NBA Today not working lately, there a ETA->Hope end of week. Word about server maintenance shortly
me said:
@Ronnie2K "Word about server maintenance shortly"? Nothing in forums or from you, but servers have been down for 16 hours or so. What up?
Ronnie2K @ 12:36PM ET today said:
The server downtime is a scheduled 12 hour downtime. I tweeted about it yesterday. It should be back around 11 AM PST.
me said:
RT @Ronnie2K: The server downtime is a scheduled 12 hour downtime. I tweeted about it yesterday... > You intended to maybe. Don't see it.
me said:
RT @Ronnie2K: The server downtime is a scheduled 12 hour downtime... > And server's been down since at least 10PM ET. 14+hrs > 12hrs

What a dick.

smokey said:
aaron brooks
viakado said:
im listening.
:lol Kado, what happened to the outrage from yesterday?

Smokey

I forgot to mention....on the league website I think under trades (?) you can put up which players from your team are on the trading block.

[12:21] Cerrius: just bought 2k10. i miss my 2k fix. tears of joy right now :'-(
[12:21] viakado: lololol
[12:22] Cerrius: fuu
[12:22] Cerrius: dont judge me

yes:lol

charsace

viakado said:
[12:21] Cerrius: just bought 2k10. i miss my 2k fix. tears of joy right now :'-(
[12:21] viakado: lololol
[12:22] Cerrius: fuu
[12:22] Cerrius: dont judge me

yes:lol
Son I am disappoint.

Cerrius you can scrim with me.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
It feels good to be back in the mix. :D

Los Spurs are going to WAR. If anyone wants Tony or Manu, let me know.

Top Bottom