• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

daw840

Smokey, I got BC2 as well. I am playing the single player right now, but I WILL be killing people online shortly. We need to hook up.

Smokey

35mi534.gif

ecnal

aznpxdd said:
The thought of playing any competitive multiplayer FPS with a controller makes me laugh. BC2 on PC or bust.

this man speaks the truth.

BC2 PC crew checking in :D

and kado, stop dodging me. tonight is the night sonny weems destroys kobe.

Smokey

ecnal said:
this man speaks the truth.

BC2 PC crew checking in :D

and kado, stop dodging me. tonight is the night sonny weems destroys kobe.

lol pc gaming

The PC version of BC2 maxed out is a beast :/

aznpxdd said:
The thought of playing any competitive multiplayer FPS with a controller makes me laugh. BC2 on PC or bust.

Great players adapt. I was on PC slappin people around competitively in Counter-Strike and Unreal Tournament back in the days. If you're good you're good doesn't matter the platform.

aznpxdd

Smokey said:
lol pc gaming

The PC version of BC2 maxed out is a beast :/

Great players adapt. I was on PC slappin people around competitively in Counter-Strike and Unreal Tournament back in the days. If you're good you're good doesn't matter the platform.

Heh, I highly doubt you actually played CS competitively. Aren't you still in College? So when CS was in its prime, you were what, a freshmen or sophomore in High School?

Also, great players don't play FPS on consoles. Especially not Halol.

viakado said:
the only way to settle this is for 2k members to have a friendly session of team fortress 2.

I tried playing it and I'm fucking terrible. CS for the win

until my computer starts over heating :(

aznpxdd

viakado said:
the only way to settle this is for 2k members to have a friendly session of team fortress 2.

You are too friendly in TF2. You just love giving me all those free points when you run out into the battle and land a sentry in the middle of nowhere. :D

Smokey

aznpxdd said:
Heh, I highly doubt you actually played CS competitively. Aren't you still in College? So when CS was in its prime, you were what, a freshmen or sophomore in High School?

Also, great players don't play FPS on consoles. Especially not Halol.

I didn't play competitively as in go to tournaments and such, but I was in a lot of hardcore clans that took that shit seriously w/ practices and going up against other clans on a regular basis and yes I was in 8th/9th grade. Greatness starts at a young age.

Point being you can adapt if you're good at a certain genre. Except for strategy games if you're good at a game/genre on PC then you can be good on a console. I started playing FPS' on PC first and then moved on to consoles. Going the opposite way is much tougher though.

anachronous_one said:
I'm on, looking to knock out some games.

Grizzlies
@Magic
@Cavaliers

EDIT: Playing Orlando at 10:30PM ET.

that's a real man post right here. everyone needs to follow suit
i'm looking at you DM

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
aznpxdd said:
Can you play at 9pm pst?
Should b able to --- FaZe and I had our game drop though. We're just restarting now -- if we can get an admin to reset our game (Magic v Hawks), plz.

I can play after this game, tho.

Smokey

anachronous_one said:
Should b able to --- FaZe and I had our game drop though. We're just restarting now -- if we can get an admin to reset our game (Magic v Hawks), plz.

I can play after this game, tho.

Ill reset.

charsace

good game Konex.

charsace (11:56:33 PM): does conex know the rules
the pheeniks (11:56:42 PM): do you? shut the fuck up
charsace (12:01:17 AM): nice mod work
charsace (12:01:24 AM): i ask a serious question
charsace (12:01:29 AM): that is the response
the pheeniks (12:01:42 AM): you don't deserve any serious responses
the pheeniks (12:02:01 AM): you treat a mod like shit you treated them all like shit
the pheeniks (12:02:13 AM): you pissed off the council
charsace (12:08:08 AM): nice job you doing
pheeniks shouldn't be involved in any decision in regards to me. It should be obvious from this AIM quote that he is biased. I own him in 2k10 and that clouds his judgement.

charsace said:
You shouldn't be a mod at all. I'm sure will screw me over every chance you get. I think you should be replaced with someone else.

I approved your trades this year. STFU. the only person screwing you is yourself.

DCX and Konex hopefully we can get something going tonight. There are some good ball games on tonight but hopefully we can find some areas to play around them.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
just thought id post this here

I’ve been looking forward to testing out the online play for the new baseball titles given that they have struggled performance wise in the past. MLB 2K9 actually ran relatively well online so I had hope that would be the case again this year but issues abound already for MLB 2K10.

The biggest problem being faced right now prevents users from even starting an online ranked game. Once the team select screen is reached no functionality on the controller works other than the ability to scroll through the teams. It is not possible to start a game or even back out of the team select screen. The user is forced to exit to the 360 dashboard in order to get out of it.

The image used for this article is what the team select screen looks like once it has been reached. The gamertags and controller icons do not display. “B” does not work to abandon the game and “start” does not work to begin the game. All that functions are the triggers which scroll through the teams to choose from.

daw840

Cleveland Cavaliers
Washington Wizards
@ Dallas Mavericks

Any of you guys around? Want to get a game or two in?

p.s. If not, I will be on Battlefield BC2 in about 30 minutes while my headset charges. So, we can do that too.

edit: Hit me up on AIM. I am going to lay down on the couch and watch TV for a bit, but I will have the sound turned up on the computer so I can hear the AIM ding.

Top Bottom