• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K10 GAF Season IX Thread of Meltdowns and Sweet Tears

pilonv1

Smokey said:
hang in pilon :(

so ridiculous that game. I was up 12-4 at that point. From that point I couldn't hit shit and Zep caught fire with Jefferson and it was game over.

If you take out Evans 7/9 my team was 11/48 from the floor. And that's with Deng hitting a 3 in the dying seconds.

Two wonderful passages of play were Calderon throwing a post pass directly out of bounds with no pressure on him, and he also missed a wide open fast break layup with no one around him.

RJNavarrete you around?

pilonv1 said:
so ridiculous that game. I was up 12-4 at that point. From that point I couldn't hit shit and Zep caught fire with Jefferson and it was game over.

If you take out Evans 7/9 my team was 11/48 from the floor. And that's with Deng hitting a 3 in the dying seconds.

Two wonderful passages of play were Calderon throwing a post pass directly out of bounds with no pressure on him, and he also missed a wide open fast break layup with no one around him.

RJNavarrete you around?

he's on live "XxTACTxJEEZYxX"

2r4pt9c.jpg

aznpxdd

TMac and the word champion should never be next to each other, ever.

Unless he signs with Lakers for cheap this summer

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I just played Ecnal and ... dont get me wrong, hes way better than me .. but that was probably the least fun Ive ever had in a videogame.

Smokey

AZN,

You put up a good battle. You hung in there until the very end, until I had to put on turbo mode to put it away. I admire your bravery and strong will, and wish you well in your future NBA2K games.

Sincerely,
Smokey

Smokey

My Prime time games:

Week 4 - vs Wizards
Week 5 - Spurs, Heat
Week 6 - Suns, Blazers

Chars and I already played , and won't play again unless we meet in the playoffs.

Smokey

aznpxdd said:
Pff, these prime time games are nothing without some drama beforehand.

Pff yourself.

Nobody has to watch, but if you want to you can. Plus I need to keep messing around w/ the camera (settings etc) so it can be in good shape for the playoffs!

Hmm... up 20 in the fourth and you don't take your starters out (sans diggler) til 43 seconds left and keep chucking up threes? Hey low you play like a fucking bitch.

DCX

DCX
RJNavarrete said:
Hmm... up 20 in the fourth and you don't take your starters out (sans diggler) til 43 seconds left and keep chucking up threes? Hey low you play like a fucking bitch.
lots of people do this and it's annoying...work the fucking clock down to one second on the play clock and move on...assholes...

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cloudy said:
Kobe is such cheese lol

:lol

He was cheese when you used him as well and just dunked all the time.

RJNavarrete said:
if you vote for me for commish, i will vow to to cut down on drama, and promote sportsmanship.

viakado.commish.season 10.believe.

ecnal

DCX said:
lots of people do this and it's annoying...work the fucking clock down to one second on the play clock and move on...assholes...

DCX
I cometely disagree with this. I should never have to change my playstyle because someone can't stop it. Ya, chucking 3s
in the 4th quarter with a big lead is a little much, but I shouldn't have to drag out every play just to spare someone.

Putting in your bench and playing however you play should be fine--especially if they stop shooting 3s.

pilonv1

RJNavarrete said:

IIRC Among other things, he also doubled teamed my ball handler at half court as I was running out the clock at the end of the game since I was down 20 points.

I shouldn't have to drag out every play just to spare someone.

You might feel differently if you were constantly on the other end of these games.

DCX

DCX
ecnal said:
I cometely disagree with this. I should never have to change my playstyle because someone can't stop it. Ya, chucking 3s
in the 4th quarter with a big lead is a little much, but I shouldn't have to drag out every play just to spare someone.

Putting in your bench and playing however you play should be fine--especially if they stop shooting 3s.
So up 30 3 minutes to go, you going to chuck 3s on a fast break? Some of you people are real class acts let me just say.

DCX

ecnal

DCX said:
So up 30 3 minutes to go, you going to chuck 3s on a fast break? Some of you people are real class acts let me just say.

DCX
Huh? I said chucking 3s is a little much. My point was someone shouldn't drag out every single possesion--like you suggested--especially if they put in their bench and don't take 3s.

I haven't taken a 3 in the 4th quarter of
any of my blowout games. But I sure as hell don't run some pathteic drag it out offense as to spare someone a handful of baskets.

DCX

DCX
ecnal said:
Huh? I said chucking 3s is a little much. My point was someone shouldn't drag out every single possesion--like you suggested--especially if they put in their bench and don't take 3s.

I haven't taken a 3 in the 4th quarter of
any of my blowout games. But I sure as hell don't run some pathteic drag it out offense as to spare someone a handful of baskets.
Right out of Shawn's playbook. WHatev dudes..

DCX

ecnal

DCX said:
Right out of Shawn's playbook. WHatev dudes..

DCX

so when someone is up by 20 in the 4th quarter with 8 minutes left, they're supposed to take shots with 1-2 seconds left?

even though they already have scrubs in the game and they're only taking shots inside the arc?

what about our game? did you have problems with me continuing to like, you know, play the game in the 4th quarter?

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Grizzlies
@Magic
@Cavaliers

I'll be around after 10PM ET tonight if we can knock a few (or all) of the games out.

FaZe --- I missed your message until about 20 minutes after you sent it. I replied back that I was still down to get our game in, waited a half an hour and never heard back. Live showed you playing the campaign of BF:BC2. No biggie, hope we can get ours in tonight.

aznpxdd

anachronous_one said:
Grizzlies
@Magic
@Cavaliers

I'll be around after 10PM ET tonight if we can knock a few (or all) of the games out.

FaZe --- I missed your message until about 20 minutes after you sent it. I replied back that I was still down to get our game in, waited a half an hour and never heard back. Live showed you playing the campaign of BF:BC2. No biggie, hope we can get ours in tonight.

I'm down tonight.

Smokey

Reminder deadline is Monday March 3.

We've got 2 weeks left of games before the playoffs.

Also I picked up Bad Company 2 yesterday. Game is a beast if any of you got it hit me up.

Top Bottom