• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
seady said:
I will wait for Gen 2 iPad to buy one. I think it needs to have more feature to distinguish itself from the iPhone/iTouch before I drop money on it. So far it has less feature than those (no camera, no calling etc).

just kind of FYI, skype calling is successful on the iPad and it sounds just like the iPhone in terms of quality...
but I wouldn't want to hold this up to my ear...lol jk:D

Picked up some more PS2 games at GS...
04-2010-1a.jpg

BrettWeir

Just picked up 2 time pieces. First one is every day beater and the 2nd is every day work wear, as I don't want to wear my vintage Rolex GMT Master.

Wenger Military Field Classic on leather

1zf0bph.jpg

Skagen Carbon Fiber and Titanium Multifunction

2v8paav.jpg

rocK`

Banned
Litflynt912 said:
honestly, I'm a network admin but a former apple employee.....no camera, no back door file system...no dice....

for my wife (who it's for) watching her light up flipping pages using iBooks and and watching NBC on HTML5....worth $541.....well worth it...she told me I can sell her macbook (which is now on eBay)

folks, these are going to give the money printing power of the DS a run for it's money....

simple, intuitive, and a "cheap" mac (perception of it)
Apple knew what they were releasing...
I think once this get third party app multitasking in OS4 in June, we will have a winner, once Rev 2 gets a camera and iChat...you can put a fork in it...

it's easy to use, Superior GUI hands down...
if you travel, want to have a dedicated media player and surf the web...GET THIS

if you like using regular programs...wait....
I d/l pages for her and she love its...but no one is going to type on this longer than a 5 min email

Sorry for OT but -- link to macbook ebay? I might want to jump on this.

Got a new puppy! His name is "Drake", yes I'm such a fucking Sony whore :lol

Pics taken from the DSi, which turned out pretty decent!
111jfa8.jpg

jslyfo.jpg

fu2l1h.jpg

Also picked up- Age of Zombies which is bad ass! Call of Duty Classic, Echochrome and Sherlock Holmes off the PSN.

Square Triangle said:

111jfa8.jpg

jslyfo.jpg

fu2l1h.jpg

Also picked up- Age of Zombies which is bad ass! Call of Duty Classic, Echochrome and Sherlock Holmes off the PSN.

AWWW Cute! Labs are the best ^^ - I have 2 black labs =D

enewtabie

Very few game pickups..Yard pickups perhaps.:lol
A green yard. When I first moved here the yard was so terrible that it looked like a Desert. I'll post a backyard photo for comparison(last pic). It only cost me a few hundred in supplies and just some labor time.I plan to do the back yard and build a waterfall and some stone walkways. Now that we're not working 80plus a week I have time.

I also picked up Gameroom(Super Cobra,Tempest,etc) and the Tower Defense Grid game that was on sale on XBLA(400pts)

004-15.jpg

001-22.jpg

002-20.jpg

002-21.jpg

003-13.jpg

004-14.jpg

strideramc

enewtabie said:
A green yard. When I first moved here the yard was so terrible that it looked like a Desert. I'll post a backyard photo for comparison(last pic). It only cost me a few hundred in supplies and just some labor time.I plan to do the back yard and build a waterfall and some stone walkways. Now that we're not working 80plus a week I have time.

I also picked up Gameroom(Super Cobra,Tempest,etc) and the Tower Defense Grid game that was on sale on XBLA(400pts)

004-15.jpg

001-22.jpg

002-20.jpg

002-21.jpg

Nice! Where is this?

eXistor

enewtabie said:

Very nice, No neighbors from the look of it? That's my dream. I still live at my parents' house, but when I move out I'd very much like to live on my own, just outside of town, no neighbors and distractions from other people.

enewtabie

eXistor said:
Very nice, No neighbors from the look of it? That's my dream. I still live at my parents' house, but when I move out I'd very much like to live on my own, just outside of town, no neighbors and distractions from other people.

North Carolina

Yeah I have neighbors,but they are pretty much to their own. I live on my own,so it's pretty good so far.

milkham said:
where'd you order that custom printed netbook case?

for the people who've PM'd me the image was from a Play Magazine cover for Muramasa for Wii

http://i42.tinypic.com/2pyqj49.jpg

BrettWeir said:
Just picked up 2 time pieces. First one is every day beater and the 2nd is every day work wear, as I don't want to wear my vintage Rolex GMT Master.

Wenger Military Field Classic on leather

Skagen Carbon Fiber and Titanium Multifunction

Sweet watches, I'm looking to pickup a Citizen Skyhawk A-T this month too (Lol, funny too since I promised not to overspend this month back in the March thread)

Drahcir

enewtabie said:
North Carolina

Yeah I have neighbors,but they are pretty much to their own. I live on my own,so it's pretty good so far.

That's exactly the kind of area I would like to live in. Nice and secluded. I didn't know North Carolina can be that sunny. :lol

enewtabie said:

Sexy car, nice house

I love that car <3

enewtabie said:

Beautiful house. Nice lawn too. Envious. :D

Carnby

26789_376144534093_509749093_380566.jpg

zombie revenge, shemnue, playstation underground 2.2
fantavision, mark of kri, bronson
(pic taken with brand new nintendo DSi)

dankir

Forgot to add to my other birthday purchases I have this little bugger in my possession now:)

Sup!

IMG_5480.jpg

His "EXCUSE ME WTF R U DOING POSE"

IMG_5482.jpg

Here he is preppin' his lahzorz.

IMG_5509.jpg

Robot 492

Banned
Square Triangle said:

*dog pics*.
AWWWW... Such a cute dog you have there :)

kiryogi

Banned
Back from Sakuracon 2010! Lots of stuffs and goodies :D

sakcon2010goods1.png

Big laminated fanart of miku keychain
sakcon2010goods2.png

Tony Takas Shining World Collection
sakcon2010goods3.png

7th dragon figs of Samurai and Princess
sakcon2010goods4.png

I'm a bit upset about a reaction on this one. :O I picked it up and while I was walking down the exhibition hall, someone thought it was Cait Sith D: That said they're plushes of Chikorita, Kuro and Mio
sakcon2010goods5.png

Genshiken 2 box w/ vol 3 and tshirt. Guy @ the mediablasters booth totally gave me the hook up on this. XD Originally box and tshirt was 20, but for 25 gave me vol3 + all that. Also pictured are Lightning and Reimi Playarts, and Toro revoltech!
sakcon2010goods6.png

Petit Nendroids of Racequeen Miku, Rin and Luka. Wonderfes Hatsune Miku figma, Reimu Hakurei figma.
sakcon2010goods7.png

Toradora usb mouse+pad. Tony Taka's "Fault" Eroge XD I just can't resist the Taka.

sakcontroy.png

Met Troy Baker and got my Vesperia limited edition manual signed...

sakconcooking.png

COOKING RULES! :D

Also met Noizi Ito and Mayumi Tanaka
sakconito.png

sakconmayumi.png

And more signed stuff :D
sakcon2010autograph.png

distantmantra said:
First round of pickups from Tokyo...

Good stuff. A little pricey for the above pictured stuff but not way too bad. You're paying for the convienience of finding every thing you want in one well set up place. :D SuperPotato is pretty neat but I have so much time here I manage to find what I want rummaging in recycle shops, book stores, and online. You may not have that much time or patience for it so SuperPotato does just fine. I wish I could go there more often just to see all the crap they have. XD

ACE 1991

Square Triangle said:

He's adorable...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
kiryogi said:
Back from Sakuracon 2010! Lots of stuffs and goodies :D

sakcontroy.png

Met Troy Baker

Did you get to ask him about Tales of Vesperia PS3 localized version? :lol :D

kiryogi

Banned
ULTROS! said:
Did you get to ask him about Tales of Vesperia PS3 localized version? :lol :D
Actually I did. He said the same thing we've been all hearing. It was basically "Yeah, I did do some stuff awhile back but they never did anything with it or called back" along those lines.

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Good stuff. A little pricey for the above pictured stuff but not way too bad. You're paying for the convienience of finding every thing you want in one well set up place. :D SuperPotato is pretty neat but I have so much time here I manage to find what I want rummaging in recycle shops, book stores, and online. You may not have that much time or patience for it so SuperPotato does just fine. I wish I could go there more often just to see all the crap they have. XD

The prices that I paid are actually all less than the price tags. Everything rang up 40-50% less.

And honestly, Akihabara sucked big time. Things were better when I was there in 2006. I walked around and did price comparisons as much as possible before buying anything, but most places didn't even have most of what I was looking for so I had to go back to Super Potato. Retro Game Camp was a huge disappointment. If anyone has recommendations on stores in Tokyo that aren't in Akihabara, I'm all ears.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
kiryogi said:
Actually I did. He said the same thing we've been all hearing. It was basically "Yeah, I did do some stuff awhile back but they never did anything with it or called back" along those lines.

D:

Hope it's just PR talk.

distantmantra said:
And honestly, Akihabara sucked big time. Things were better when I was there in 2006. I walked around and did price comparisons as much as possible before buying anything, but most places didn't even have most of what I was looking for so I had to go back to Super Potato. Retro Game Camp was a huge disappointment. If anyone has recommendations on stores in Tokyo that aren't in Akihabara, I'm all ears.

it's weird you say/feel that...I was there in December and the prices/supply was proper and on point.
Super potato, for all it's awesomeness, is the most overpriced place in Akiba...but Gamers/lamtarra....? those places had huge selections and the prices were still 10-20% less than buying it online...
Going to Sofmap, they had phantasy star 0 for 630Y when I was there...its a $30-$40 game to import...
You have to remember, that Akihabara is the times square of Tokyo, so prices are always going to be higher...
try Den Den Town for cheaper games or if you want to give Akiba one more chance, Mandrake has a pretty awesome selection and their prices are well, well below Super Potato.

but IMO, Sofmap in Akihabara has the best prices on video games (I got an orange GBA system for 1000Y...lol)

U2NUMB

For some reason it was an all PS3 week for me...

GOD3.. Surprised how much I like it
Assassins Creed 2.. double dipped.. was only 30 bucks at target
Red Faction - Free from Darksiders code
Rogue Warrior - 5 bucks at best buy
BF BC 2 - Double Dipped on my GOTY

gafpupapril.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Moving over my PC purchase (HP Mini 311) because it was from the last day of March! Call Of Duty Modern Warfare and Street Fighter IV were also purchased on Steam.

4478966567_e002571316_b.jpg

Sakura Wars So Long My Love and DOA Paradise just came from Amazon.

4493553957_bfab866875_b.jpg

SF4 Cammy bootleg (I'm sure) HK 40x19" cloth poster found on eBay.

4493585301_edb40da3c1_b.jpg

Picked up a few things over the weekend, but don't have my camera with me at work. So instead, I'll post what I picked up this morning.

e4ae0f3c.jpg

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Litflynt912 said:
it's weird you say/feel that...I was there in December and the prices/supply was proper and on point.
Super potato, for all it's awesomeness, is the most overpriced place in Akiba...but Gamers/lamtarra....? those places had huge selections and the prices were still 10-20% less than buying it online...
Going to Sofmap, they had phantasy star 0 for 630Y when I was there...its a $30-$40 game to import...
You have to remember, that Akihabara is the times square of Tokyo, so prices are always going to be higher...
try Den Den Town for cheaper games or if you want to give Akiba one more chance, Mandrake has a pretty awesome selection and their prices are well, well below Super Potato.

but IMO, Sofmap in Akihabara has the best prices on video games (I got an orange GBA system for 1000Y...lol)
Huh, I was just about to ask some of my friends about gaming stores in Akiba since I'm going to Tokyo for the first time this summer... but it seems like GAF's already answered that! :lol

April spending begins right on the first with some PSN pickups, heh.

2eaq614.jpg

29zwnk6.jpg

I've wanted to buy LKS since it was released - borrowed a friend's copy for a while but never saw in stores. Then Cing folded. :( So I finally decided to order it off of Amazon along with some new fantasy to jump into.

bg22ky.jpg

WEGGLES

dankir said:
Forgot to add to my other birthday purchases I have this little bugger in my possession now:)

Sup!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/Home%20Theater/IMG_5480.jpg[IMG]

His "EXCUSE ME WTF R U DOING POSE"

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/Home%20Theater/IMG_5482.jpg[IMG]

Here he is preppin' his lahzorz.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/DANKIR/Home%20Theater/IMG_5509.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
He looks/acts just like my cat Moxie. He loves to just lie down in the way :P

.hacked said:
3 64gig Ipads, one for each Apple fan in the house.
Wow!

Just curious... Clearly money isn't much of an issue for you, why not go with the 3G one?

I know it is coming out later, but it seems like 3G would be a nice feature to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom