• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lantus said:
LOTR was on my agenda as well, until I heard that this release is just the theatrical versions, and all the special features are on DVDs, I will wait for the extended version release.
So you'll be waiting two years? Good god.

FOOTE said:
Pictures005-11.jpg
So I've looked everywhere in my country for this (I want to rent it, not buy), it's impossible. I'm getting crazy.

lantus said:
LOTR was on my agenda as well, until I heard that this release is just the theatrical versions, and all the special features are on DVDs, I will wait for the extended version release.

Same. At least I got a nifty little steelbook out of it at Best Buy. =/

f3niks

These are a little late but I'm counting them as a March Pickup.

IMG_2438.jpg

several of the major components of my new workstation/gaming rig, along with Crysis and Dragon Age: Origins

IMG_2442.jpg

and the mobo i used (along with parts from my old workstation) to make a sweet HTPC along with a wireless network adapter, Black Dynamite and Bioshock 2 (360)

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Yoshichan said:
So you'll be waiting two years? Good god.

If that's how long it takes, so be it. I'd love to see it in HD, but I've already bought the movies twice on dvd. I've gotten quite good at disregarding things if I know they're trying to hose me. Willpower mang.

Ikkarus

Got held up posting these but here goes. Pictures taken via my new HTC Desire.

- HTC Desire
- Eye of Judgment: Legends (PSP)
- Muramassa (Wii)
- Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP)
- Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner (PSP)
- Pokemon Soul Silver (DS)
- White Knight Chronicles (PS3)

IMAG0002.jpg

Kidrobot Duff Man!

IMAG0003.jpg

Love this book, so much artwork and effort went in to it.

IMAG0004.jpg

My LE FFXIII Guide signed by Yoshinori Kitase and Isamu Kamikokuryo. It was awesome to see them and it was quite the experience down in London. Forgot to post this last month.

IMAG0005.jpg

Last, my book I'm using for work.

IMAG0006.jpg

End result; a serious dent in my wallet.

lantus said:

The transfer is also supposedly shit.

IMACOMPUTA

FOOTE said:
Some blu ray stuff, LOTR was an easy choice for me as was Princess and the Frog(which is an absolute masterpiece)
Pictures005-11.jpg

Pictures006-7.jpg

Awesome pick-ups, man.
(except LOTR, not my cup of tea)
<3 Serenity & Firefly <3

Ikkarus

Drahcir said:
Were you recommended this book for work? Just asking since I do SEO as part of my work as well.

Yep, a very trusted colleague of mine recommended this book above the rest. From what I have read so far I have found it to be very good.

Very LTTP with this and I've wanted it for ages but it was always either out of stock or too expensive online. £17.50 new was a good price though :) Also want to familiarise myself with the series before P3 Portable in a couple of months.

DSC00174-1.jpg

vid

Machine said:
Let me show you them...
pickups4-6-10001.jpg

How does the HG/SS guide compare to say... the Platinum guide? Pokemon is one of the few games that I really appreciate having a well designed and informative print guide available for, as opposed to going to the internet for help.

dakilla13

Ikkarus said:
Got held up posting these but here goes. Pictures taken via my new HTC Desire.

- HTC Desire
- Eye of Judgment: Legends (PSP)
- Muramassa (Wii)
- Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (PSP)
- Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner (PSP)
- Pokemon Soul Silver (DS)
- White Knight Chronicles (PS3)

Kidrobot Duff Man!

Love this book, so much artwork and effort went in to it.

My LE FFXIII Guide signed by Yoshinori Kitase and Isamu Kamikokuryo. It was awesome to see them and it was quite the experience down in London. Forgot to post this last month.

Last, my book I'm using for work.

End result; a serious dent in my wallet.

Oh man the HTC Desire is a kick-ass phone. I was wondering, if I buy a Desire online, can I use it with my T-Mobile USA SIM card and still get 3G? I wish they sold stand alone HTC phones in the US :(

it's really surprising that the 0.3 megapixel DSi pics of that dog look tons better than all those multi-megapixel cellphone photos.

april1.jpg

Crossed Swords and the beat 'em up Mutation Nation for the Neo-Geo, and the new Heavy Metal. Thumbs up, for Mutation Nation especially.

Toy Soldier said:
Crossed Swords and the beat 'em up Mutation Nation for the Neo-Geo, and the new Heavy Metal. Thumbs up, for Mutation Nation especially.
I was disappoint with the new issue of heavy metal.

Danielsan

It's been a while since I posted in a pick-up thread but I have a pretty awesome haul this month.

First up:

2r5yskp.jpg

208y8vq.jpg

Game boy micro goodness.
Some minor scratches and it didn't come with the box but only €27,50 shipping included and it came with at least two great games. :D

dpe643.jpg

Currently running through A Link To The Past.
I've never beaten it before.

2eq5mbt.jpg

The first three volumes of Scott Pilgrim (4 & 5 are on their way as we speak).

Heavy Rain. Beaten, such an amazing experience.
Silent Hill Homecoming. Not nearly as good as 1,2 and 3 but still heavily underrated and scary as hell.

And now for my haul of today:

vq0cyb.jpg

€100 used.
12 games (+ of which most are shitty and at least two are awesome.
2 wiimotes, sadly no nunchuck (should arrive tomorrow).

zochsw.jpg

Some other plastic shit including a charger for the two wiimotes.

25g6ukl.jpg

It also has the homebrew channel installed which is awesome for emulating some of the my older Nintendo consoles.

2iqxwso.jpg

The N64 emulator doesn't seem too stable it's still pretty awesome.
I recently hooked up my N64 to my HDtv and it looked like muddy crap.
This looks so awesome in comparison.

I finally have every major console this gen.
Now to hunt down some good cheap Wii games that I missed out on the last three and a half years. :D

Slappy967

Neo Member
Loving the Chuck blu ray pick up eXistor and also am glad to see people showing some love for Disney's Princess & the Frog which looks tremendous on blu ray and I think has one of the better Disney villains in recent memory.

gibbers82

Neo Member
Danielsan said:

I have all the UK editions and was dissapointed to find out that vol4 doesnt have the colour intro that the US/CANADA version does :(

Machine

vid said:
How does the HG/SS guide compare to say... the Platinum guide? Pokemon is one of the few games that I really appreciate having a well designed and informative print guide available for, as opposed to going to the internet for help.

I'm not familiar with the Platinum guide so I can't compare the two. This guide is like the Diamond/Pearl guides because it is split into two parts. Only the first part is out right now. It's a walk-through of the Johto half of the game with some lists and a Johto-only pokedex. If you're on the fence, you may want to flip through a copy in a store. It has 352 pages and some useful information but it's lacking in some areas. The second part will probably be the meatier guide if the DP guides are anything to go by (first part was about 300 pages, second part was over 450 pages). I still have my original Gold/Silver guide so I just wanted this to put next to it on the shelf.

C-Jo

I'm a little late with this as all of these pickups are from March. But a couple of these items took a while to arrive in the mail, and I wanted to take photos of everything together. You know, just to emphasize how ridiculous March 2010 was.

To start, the games:
DSC01119.jpg

The movies:
DSC01125.jpg

The books:
DSC01128.jpg

And the rest:
DSC01129.jpg

The 360 is a replacement for my recently RROD launch unit, the BSG box is a free replacement from Universal for the ugly-ass set released last year and the DSi XL... Well, I can't explain that, I just have some sort of problem.

midv0k.jpg

o86r7c.jpg

Univega Nuovo Sport: $80

jzbmon.jpg

Feel the Magic: $.50
Primal Rage: $1.29
Shaq Fu: $1

Found these at this comic place, and there's MUCH more old PS1, Genesis, SNES, GB, etc. where that came from at that low of a price. I'll be back there later this week to clean house.
Complete with manuals. :D

Danielsan said:
It's been a while since I posted in a pick-up thread but I have a pretty awesome haul this month.

First up:

2eq5mbt.jpg

Not only they fucked up the cover art, but I really hope the circle thing of the movie is a sticker and not print in it.
Its that version the UK one?

I bought both of the games at launch. Beat SoulSilver the other day, just collecting Pokémon for the Pokédex. Also got the Lady Gaga The Fame Monster deluxe edition which has both albums. Yay!

15695_382918426645_685251645_4387822_351102_n.jpg

fernoca

Not a lot..and as gifts or trade-in credit mostly..
While I wait to get some perlers/beads to make sprites, ordered a few from an awesome eBay seller (exodecai).. The Pikachu, was a custom one since I wanted one based on my current avatar..he made it quite fast and shipped it along with the others... (technically 2 days, since I ordered on Thursday, Friday was Holy Friday was closed, he shipped on Saturday, Sunday was closed and everything was here on Monday) :)

Full pic:
smx740.jpg

Closer pics:
ll3c5.jpg

30x9y5s.jpg

I bought Pokemon SoulSilver and a Nintendo DSlite (silver) with trade-in credit (got the case to store it as a reward from Club Nintendo); received the Lugia figurine for free, then received the HeartGold "bundle" as a gift just a few days ago. Metroid Prime Trilogy was also a gift (under $20/new)..New Super Mario Bros. Wii, was also with trade-in credit.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
New vinyl:

4502138760_6940b1a8cb_b.jpg

Xiu Xiu - "A Promise", "Fabulous Muscles", "Dear God, I Hate Myself", and "Women As Lovers"
Bear In Heaven - "Beast Rest Forth Mouth"
So Cow - "Meaningless Friendly"
tUnE-yArDs - "BiRd-BrAiNs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom