• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
359eiog.jpg

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

filipe

Crazy, I randomly found the Bear In Heaven cover art a little while back and I've been using it as my DP for a while. I even considered getting a tattoo of it, and I had no idea it was cover art. I thought it was just some picture someone put together. Now I'm listening to some of the music, and it's so good.

If not for you, I probably would have never known! Thank you!

OMG Aero

2rg04sn.jpg

After seeing all the hype over the movie trailer and XBLA game announcement, I decided to follow GAF's recommendation and get this.
Hopefully it doesn't disappoint and then I can get the rest.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
filipe said:
If not for you, I probably would have never known! Thank you!

Awesome, glad I could help. I bought the record at a show around here last week. They were opening for Cymbals Eat Guitars but like half of the audience left after they finished. I probably should've done the same thing. :)

OMG Aero said:
2rg04sn.jpg

After seeing all the hype over the movie trailer and XBLA game announcement, I decided to follow GAF's recommendation and get this.
Hopefully it doesn't disappoint and then I can get the rest.
God that book has some of the best comedic timing for comic ever. I'm still sketchy on Michael Cera as Scott.

Damn Ikkarus and Tiduz, two top notch phones, HTC Desire and an X10

How are you liking the X10? I have really been thinking about pulling the trigger on one, but want wait and see what happens with the Evo, etc, plus not sure about the X10a compatibility here in the US, and really don't like android 1.6. I love my HD2 and I don't care about WM7 etc, just love good quality hardware. XDA takes care of the rest

Pick up Post! I need your Help!

I bought this Resident Evil 1 PC version because it just didn't make sense. The boxart didn't match, and the publisher (virgin interactive) was nowhere to be seen. I can't find anything that matches it on google, everywhere has a different boxart for the thing. It might have just had a different slipcover, but I can't find anything on it. Does anyone know?

I asked KobunHeat by twitter, having had the idea after the retronauts pax east panel, but maybe someone here knows too!
bBPrvl

This shows off the ridiculous back cover copy. "The POLYGON provides horror"
CIMG0210.jpg

And the bottom part of the box with system requirements, etc.
CIMG0211.jpg

On to the normal pickups!
Pretty Good for $12 at Goodwill. The box is in rough shape, and no video/power cords. It came with some baseball game inside and one controller. Also the manuals. Worth it for $12. Just gotta track down some video/power cables.
CIMG0203.jpg

CIMG0205.jpg

In like-new condition. Going to re-sell this one, I have no nostalgia for the Ultima series, unfortunately.
CIMG0207.jpg

Free Stuff from the Joystiq Podcast Live at PAX East! (I gave the Wii one to my sis, going to keep the 360 one as a souvenir) Hey, it's better than the Pony Friends or Secret Saturdays the guys around me got.
CIMG0193.jpg

Some PAX East Swag. I didn't take too much of the free stuff people were giving away, but I got some nice shirts and stuff. Also, one of those Tetris Icecube trays.
CIMG0198.jpg

CIMG0181.jpg

Best of all, my gf was picked for the omegathon! Lost in the first round, but still cool. They gave her a unique badge and medal. We didn't jump any lines for panels, thought it wouldn't be fair, we got there an hour early like you needed to..
CIMG0200.jpg

And finally, the actual pickups/games
Bought so many PS3 games lately.. I usually never get them!
CIMG0212.jpg

Blockbuster sales/Closing Stores incoming! Beatles Rock band for $12, Sega Rally Revo with Saint's Row 2 360 for $7, B1G1 free. (same with Double Agent 360 and Jak PSP)
CIMG0214.jpg

CIMG0216.jpg

The rest are just random cheap finds.
CIMG0211-1.jpg

CIMG0213.jpg

CIMG0215.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
This will be the majority of my pickups for this month. Don't think I have much if anything on my radar now, besides a couple Goozex items I'm waiting on. (Or any random sales that crop up)

LOTR Blu Canadian FS Exclusive SB, LOTR Blu FS $18 price error, BSG Complete Blu ($149), Cowboy Bebop Sountrack ($5), Under the Umbrella Tree DVD's (from Noreen Young's website shopundertheumbrellatree.com), and orchestra tickets for FF Distant Worlds in Toronto.

2q1xfkp.jpg

21alamf.jpg

SonOfABeep said:
Pretty Good for $12 at Goodwill. The box is in rough shape, and no video/power cords. It came with some baseball game inside and one controller. Also the manuals. Worth it for $12. Just gotta track down some video/power cables.
CIMG0203.jpg

The TG16 Zack Morris box rocks. :lol

Sweet deal, BTW!

Rorsha

isny said:
LOTR Blu Canadian FS Exclusive SB, LOTR Blu FS $18 price error, BSG Complete Blu ($149), Cowboy Bebop Sountrack ($5), Under the Umbrella Tree DVD's (from Noreen Young's website shopundertheumbrellatree.com), and orchestra tickets for FF Distant Worlds in Toronto.

2q1xfkp.jpg

Is it an extended version for LOTR ?

SmZA

2s93o1x.jpg

My first game buys in quite a while.

Pokemon was a trade-in for two older games; it was immediately sold sealed on eBay as I figured it'd attract more buyers. Someone bid $AU46 plus postage - guess they didn't know Target have it for $AU48.

Eternal Sonata was an impulse buy as it was very cheap; unfortunately within three minutes of the opening cutscenes I realised I never ever wanted to play it and ripped it out of the Xbox before it could infect my gamerscore with its achievements. It's up on eBay now.

Prism was also very cheap and a good puzzle game. But I really hate those goddamn fat PAL cases.

Good thing Etrian Odyssey was an unequivocal good buy or this would have been the most negative post in the thread.

(Coming soon: SMT Strange Journey. Can't wait!)

WEGGLES

isny said:
This will be the majority of my pickups for this month. Don't think I have much if anything on my radar now, besides a couple Goozex items I'm waiting on. (Or any random sales that crop up)

2q1xfkp.jpg
Under The Umbrella Tree! I watched that all the time as a kid.

randomwab

Radogol said:
Original feature available only on PC? Like what, installation?

I played this port, it was terrible. Can't remember any original features.

A new weapon for each character. Jill got an Uzi, Chris got an FN Minimi. I think it also had some new costumes and, as far as I know, an uncut intro.

Solune said:
Nice pickups, unfortunately I don't know about RE PC.
Metroid t-shirt from where might I ask?

Metroid Metal was selling them at PAX. I might look on there website.

I need to know what that RE PC is!

The pc version supposedly is the actual director's cut with the uncut videos.

Wazzim

Banned
Paulathon said:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2s93o1x.jpg[IMG]

Eternal Sonata was an impulse buy as it was very cheap; unfortunately within three minutes of the opening cutscenes I realised I never ever wanted to play it and ripped it out of the Xbox before it could infect my gamerscore with its achievements. It's up on eBay now.
[/QUOTE]
What's wrong with it? I liked the game, it's awesome.

isny

napkin dispenser
Rorsha said:
Is it an extended version for LOTR ?

Of course not. I prefer these anyways, as I can barely sit through them as it is.

The EE's have not been announced, but speculation is 2-3 years.

WEGGLES said:
Under The Umbrella Tree! I watched that all the time as a kid.

And it still holds up incredibly well, hence the pickup. (Plus they were on clearance)

Gyrian

distantmantra said:
Round Two of buying stuff in Tokyo.

Great pickup, with the D&D collection!
Reasonable price, having bought it from a shop rather than online?

SonOfABeep said:
I bought this Resident Evil 1 PC version because it just didn't make sense. The boxart didn't match, and the publisher (virgin interactive) was nowhere to be seen. I can't find anything that matches it on google, everywhere has a different boxart for the thing. It might have just had a different slipcover, but I can't find anything on it. Does anyone know?

My first brush with Resident Evil in the 90's was the PC version. Had that same artwork for its cover. Where did you pick this up? It might be a bootleg copy. I know mine was, and it had no shame in using Capcom logos everywhere.

mil6es

4505127497_b2e80bf1f6_b.jpg

Went out and brought the Kick-Ass G Novel because I saw the film and loved it :D
my first Graphic novel as well

Also brought Dave Chappelle's Bloc party dvd, best £4 i've ever spent

Finally finish with some disk swapping nostalgia on my part with C1 GP loved this game 6-7 years ago so i had to re buy it

Desiato

euedjs.jpg

And I got one of them for free thanks to some promotion!:D
But trying to tear off the stickers for this promotion results in tearing the cardboard sleave.:(

vgamer1

It just came in!

29msltd.jpg

(sorry about the bad picture, no camera here)

I love it!
It's a lot more comfortable to play than I expected.

SonOfABeep said:
On to the normal pickups!
CIMG0203.jpg

CIMG0205.jpg
Nice grab! I need to track one of these down.

filipe

Can't decide if I should buy a brand new, in-box Gameboy Micro. It's at the Source, last one there. The box is a little messed up but it's brand new. $50 bucks. Gah.

Lunchbox said:
cant believe the fuckers didnt even make the the disc art fully colored :|

http://i42.tinypic.com/2s7t79z.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You didn't buy it..and if you did, not new. Soo wtf are you on? :lol

Gyrian said:
Great pickup, with the D&D collection!
Reasonable price, having bought it from a shop rather than online?

I saw it between 4,990 and 6,000 yen, but I randomly stumbled upon a copy for 1,400 yen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom