• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn...I love those Transformers! Nice buy!!!

And for me...It FINALLY arrived today!!!

DSC08106.jpg

DSC08108.jpg

DSC08111.jpg

Now I've got to transfer all my data over from my 60GB...

Jason

A couple more DS games
april09pickup06.jpg

Nodame Cantibile + Feel the Magic

And because I'm a Radiohead junkie...
april09pickup07.jpg

All 12 of the reissued Radiohead singles on vinyl.
I probably have 90% of the songs on vinyl already but I don't care. :lol

One of my favorite illustrators of all time. I've been hoping for a decent book on him since I was in art school and it's finally here. I bought it without a second thought.

041009037.jpg

041009038.jpg

For some reason, I had a hankering to pick various TV/movie related titles. I know a couple of 'em are crap - but, hey, I love the source material so I know I'll enjoy 'em. (and they were dirt cheap) :lol

041009032.jpg

...also wanted to add to my 360 BC games collection.

041009036.jpg

outsidah

Mattlikewhoa said:
Damn...I love those Transformers! Nice buy!!!

And for me...It FINALLY arrived today!!!

DSC08106.jpg

Now I've got to transfer all my data over from my 60GB...

That thing is MEGA hot. That's what happened to me when the Flat Grey MGS unit came out... had to get it.

I'd love to add this one to the collection but its too much $$ and I'm not parting with my grey one.

MarkMan said:
I want the Tekken Uniqlo shirts... both of em!

EDIT: Ok anyone from Japan work out a deal with me? lol

Count me in as well. Contacted US store and they dont know if they will get them :(

Anyone care to help? :)

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
XIII yay! Good buy. Is that Sopranos game any good. That game wants me to buy it, but I know it's terrible. I just love Sopranos so much. I did enjoy the Lost game, so maybe I'd enjoy the Sopranos game????

edit: ouch, it has a 42 on metacritic. I'd love a good sopranos game though. :(

drakesfortune said:
XIII yay! Good buy. Is that Sopranos game any good. That game wants me to buy it, but I know it's terrible. I just love Sopranos so much. I did enjoy the Lost game, so maybe I'd enjoy the Sopranos game????

edit: ouch, it has a 42 on metacritic. I'd love a good sopranos game though. :(

Actually, I just tried it out for around half an hour and I think that any big Sopranos fan (like myself) would probably dig it. There's some pretty hilarious dialogue so far...also, all of the voices are from the cast. I'd say it's worth a cheap purchase...just don't have high expectations.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Got a few things today. First thing, my GIANT KIRBY MODEL :O
paintkirby.jpg

Look how big that thing is!

Also, I got some games from FYE:
423games.jpg

Kororinpa was $19.99, Everquest was $.01 :lol

cresto

donkey show said:
A little lunchtime pickup.

apr2009pickup01.jpg

My Cloud Black Triple w/ FFVIIAC:C and XIII Demo
Oboro Muramasa
#1 Double Double combo for my co-worker
#1 Double Double Animal Style /w well done fries for me

Yay iPhone pics! :lol
MMMMMMM IN N OUT is probably one of the best parts about living in cali. good idea with the well done fries, they usually dont do it long enough

Yes Boss!

Stopped into Target to get some of the new Pepsi...walked out with a $9.98 copy of KHII. I only got to eight hours years ago before selling but I've still my save file and will be completing it before the two handheld versions arrive.

P1000800.jpg

adg1034

I love how everyone's saying "Awesome pick-up!" on donkey show's $6 burgers (or are they less? I haven't been to In-n-out in forever), but completely ignoring the massively expensive import PS3.

Yes Boss!

adg1034 said:
I love how everyone's saying "Awesome pick-up!" on donkey show's $6 burgers (or are they less? I haven't been to In-n-out in forever), but completely ignoring the massively expensive import PS3.

Less than $6. I usually do two cheeseburgers and fries for just over $5. A hell of a meal!

And, we plenty admired that PS3 a few pages back and in the other thread! I did not know it was a 160GB, though. Beats that hell out of the plain-jane Uncharted pack that collected dust over here.

I've already got two PS3s and it proved VERY difficult not to pick up Yakuza or Cloud version but I could not stomach the cost. Full japanese BC would have forced my hand.

adg1034

NeoGAFAprilPickups3.jpg

So that's part 1- a great combination of EU Goozex, Amazon.co.uk marketplace, and eBay auctions from fellow GAFers.

Now. I've been saving one of the next pick-ups for a few days now, just so I could post them all together. I'm really proud of these.

NeoGAFAprilPickups4.jpg

Electroplankton- won off eBay for 9 pounds. I couldn't believe it myself.

Planet Earth- 5-disc BBC edition, with the inimitable David Attenborough providing the narration. Also off eBay. Actually, all these are from eBay.

Grim Fandango- original big box version. The box is horribly beat up (more so than I was led to believe), but for only 10 pounds, complete with the manual in mint condition, I really can't complain.

And, finally, Planescape: Torment. This game is in such good shape, you could tell me that everything had just been printed yesterday, and I'd believe you. Seriously- the manual, the box, the original poster... everything. Granted, for 25 pounds, this wasn't exactly a deal, but I'm proud to finally own it.

Hive

Banned
maskrider said:

wow, the BEST price Valk. Chronicles actually looks really cool ^o^

Also, it's great to see how much support that title is getting. I was really worried it would bomb~

marwan

Banned
Mattlikewhoa said:
I was going to but one but I had heard rumors that a local provider was releasing this with wifi and 3G (for my area).

How do you like it so far?

it's crap! I'm trading it in for the almighty Bold tomorrow! avoid the Storm man!

YagizY

Jason said:
And because I'm a Radiohead junkie...
april09pickup07.jpg

All 12 of the reissued Radiohead singles on vinyl.
I probably have 90% of the songs on vinyl already but I don't care. :lol

Where did you get these for only $9.99 and with that kind of coverart?

[EDIT] Never mind, they are the singles.

LCfiner

I like these threads but I don't usually post when I pick up new games or books.

But this month I got something big and I'm excited to share.

New 2009 Mazda6 2.5L GS :D

I had a 2005 Mazda3 and this is very nice upgrade for me. I quite like the two tone interior.

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

A little "Listen Up" playing in the car while doing a grocery run.

discohiro

HNI_0035.jpg

Just got back from the mall. Purcahsed GH:WT guitar bundle from TRU for 50% off and GTA, Persona 4, and TWEWY at Gamestop's B2G1 sale. Picked up blue DSi, Rhythm Heaven, Pokemon Platinum, and Chrono Trigger on DSi launch.

Qwell

This is my first pickup post so I'm sorry if my pics aren't all artsy fartsy, but at least they are real.
fry_load.jpg

oob_sfiv.jpg

Fry's had 4x sticks so I just had to pick-up one, was still kicking myself after passing on a random one I had found at gamestop like a week after release.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Some recent pickups of mine...

Micro Korg. Picked it up for $200 at a pawn shop. Not a mind-blowing deal but better than you can do on eBay....

korg.jpg

Recent Blu-Ray buys...

brd.jpg

Some games from the upcoming Best Buy sale. And, I picked up the Elite controller for $20 at the aforementioned pawn shop.

games-1.jpg

CiSTM

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
DESU SUMAIRUZU LOLOL
3468868966_603cac86e0.jpg

Death Smiles on 360. I never did play this in arcades but a few videos I watched got me interested enough in getting the home version.

Didn't know Cave made it O_O I'm interested now. But I'm probably going to wait for Death Smiles II.

Hesemonni

Banned
CiSTM said:
Bought some books today:

290rktw.jpg
I gotta say that the Finnish Hyperion cantos covers are the the best ones out there. Shame about the red hue in Hyperion's cover in the reprint tho'. Great pick-ups :)

I'm also intrigued by that Pepsi Natural. Never did get a chance to even TRY those premium M&Ms, so maybe the effort will be made to go to Target and find the beverages sooner than later :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom