• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

.la1n

Forsete said:
Victoria + Ghost Writer
4926682895_7688b1a26b.jpg

pedo movie get

Gameboy415

jling84 said:
I bought about 5 SE games, all games I was going to buy regardless of the SE Members points or not. Most of those 5 were games that I didn't buy until they dropped to under $10 or $20. The other 10 or so codes needed to reach ultimate member status, I got either through trading, goozex, or some kind members here on GAF.

I'm still pretty sore that Squaresoft & Enix didn't do something like this back in their PS1/PS2 days. I bought EVERY game they released on both consoles, most of them at launch. :(

MPkYI.jpg

I went to Toys R Us today, random visit, and after crying about a $70 Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock I wandered into the R Zone and discovered DJ Hero clearanced for $20 from $70 or $80 for PS3 and 360. I snatched the last PS3 one (zero 360 versions), and there are now a ton of Wii copies.

Also, yes, I snagged two Star Wars figures (to help my sister get the mail-in Boba Fett), and I'm kind of sad that the ESB vintage line for these figures does not include Bespin Han Solo.

Kagami said:
zv7kzk.jpg

Starcraft II CE - I've come to join the party!

Also:

...and INAZUMA/Digital Accel Works' latest book from Comic Market (yeah, I boarded the Highschool of the Dead fanboy train)

:lol

Awesome.

it really sucks being a dirty poor :(

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Danielsan said:
It definitely doesn't look like your Haworthia.
I tried finding its species online and then quickly gave up seeing how many species of Aloe there are. Here's a better picture of it.

24fwfv5.jpg

Haworthia minima var. minima -- Synonyms Aloe brevis, Aloe erecta, Aloe erecta var. laetivirens, Aloe granata, Aloe granata var. major, Aloe granata var. inor, Aloe margaritifera var. major, Aloe margaritifera var. media, Aloe margaritifera var. minima, Aloe margaritifera var. minor, Aloe minor, Aloe pumila var. beta, Aloe pumila var. gamma or maybe Haworthia minima var. poellinitziana

I'm also reading that Aloe x Haworthia hybrids are not uncommon, so it's highly possible that you've got a crossbreed! The naming system for hybrids is pretty loose so hybrids are often sold under a wide variety of names. That would explain both the tag on your plant and the reason that it looked so familiar to me as a Haworthia :p

Question solved!

My biggest fear is indeed overwatering the plant. I have virtually no clue how much water I should pour in.

The plant is very good at telling you. Keep pouring until it comes out the bottom, and then stop. You'll water a lot less in winter than in summer, so don't try to pick a certain amount. Like I said, just wait for them to be read to water, and then water deep.

The pot in which the plant came has four drainage holes. However I doubt those will do much good considering the black pot it sits in has none.

As long as the plant isn't sitting in the water that leaks out for too long (I normally just water any of mine that are double potted like that and then come back ten minutes later and dump out the water in the surrounding pot so the plant isn't sitting in it.

27y4c8y.jpg

All my games from this month

Today i just bought bioshock 2 and when I come home to play it, my 40gb ps3 ylod in front of me :(

Since I´m from Chile, it means that i gotta buy a new one :lol

FStop7

Banned
Yesterday I picked this up. I'm trying to figure out how I can install my logitech wheel in it. It was the most realistic racing chair setup I could find. :D

m61n.jpg

m62q.jpg

Gyrian

Picked up all 6 volumes of Scott Pilgrim.
Oddball progression; from getting the PSN game not knowing anything about the series, to watching the movie, and finishing with the novels, haha.

IQzLc.gif

Azure Phoenix said:
Yeah, if you could post a couple more examples of the artwork featured in the book it would be really useful. I can only afford one artbook at the moment so it's a toss up between buying that one or the Nier one.

Here's a few quick images from Soejima's book:

J-Roderton

FStop7 said:
Yesterday I picked this up. I'm trying to figure out how I can install my logitech wheel in it. It was the most realistic racing chair setup I could find. :D

m61n.jpg

m62q.jpg

What series is this? Fucking beautiful ride.

Oli

Gyrian said:
Picked up all 6 volumes of Scott Pilgrim.
Oddball progression; from getting the PSN game not knowing anything about the series, to watching the movie, and finishing with the novels, haha.

How much did the persona artbook cost? Where did you get it?

Bii

FStop7 said:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3097/m61n.jpg

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7499/m62q.jpg

Wow. Color me jealous.

4928311604_1f7275e202_b.jpg
4927716005_bac55d2f8b_b.jpg

4927717511_f78bbaaec6_b.jpg

Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W Power Supply. $50.
Upgraded my PC's 350W power supply to this bad boy in preparation to get an additional hard drive and a GTX 460. I was a bit intimidated when it came time to remove my previous PSU and replacing it with this, but it was easy as pie. I bought this from fellow NeoGaffer, MomoPufflet. It was a steal at that price!

Tamales. Casa de Tamales. $17.
There's this new place that sells these traditional, sweet, and gourmet tamales. Of course, I couldn't help myself to get some. Looking at the second picture of the tamales, starting from the top-left going clockwise: Portobello & Asparagus, Pineapple Coconut, Strawberry Cream, Blueberry & Cream, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, and Jalapeno & Cheeese. My favorites are easily the Creamy Chicken Alfredo (sauce was tangy and oh-so-creamy) and the Blueberry & Cream (tastes like blueberry pancakes!). I didn't care too much for the Pineapple Coconut as they used canned pineapples and the processed shredded coconut meat. Jalapeno & Cheddar was a fairly standard tamale whereas the Portobello & Asparagus had a very subtle flavor but the added topping of guacamole gave it a nice kick. Lastly, the Strawberry Cream received mixed reviews from my family and friends. I, personally, thought it was interesting and wouldn't mind eating it again. Tastes like just like Good Humor's Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bar...but, y'know, in tamale form.

-PXG-

2qvczs2.jpg

Patapon 2 (thanks jrricky for the Subway code!)

bi9feg.jpg

Shank

4ghdzp.jpg

DJ Hero ($20 at TRU) and a Halo hat

28mdxet.jpg

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!

Gyrian said:

Thanks, it seems there are some bits that aren't in the Persona 4 artbook and enough P3 and P3P stuff to save buying those books. I think I'll go ahead and order that instead of the Nier one.

After 8 years of searching I finally tracked down that 'Top Secret' promotional copy of TimeSplitters 2 I've been after.

1zp32u0.jpg

Turns out it is actually a demo that was given to journalists which is based on an early-ish build of the game, it contains quite a lot of things that were changed before the final release.

randomwab

Azure Phoenix said:
After 8 years of searching I finally tracked down that 'Top Secret' promotional copy of TimeSplitters 2 I've been after.

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zp32u0.jpg[img]

Turns out it is actually a demo that was given to journalists which is based on an early-ish build of the game, it contains quite a lot of things that were changed before the final release.[/QUOTE]

Details! DETAILS!

Azure Phoenix said:

1zp32u0.jpg

Turns out it is actually a demo that was given to journalists which is based on an early-ish build of the game, it contains quite a lot of things that were changed before the final release.
Like what?

I know gun models were changed sometime prior to release (don't the boxart screens portray them?). Were the AI-only moves like diving and such intended to be in the game?

_dementia said:
Like what?

I know gun models were changed sometime prior to release (don't the boxart screens portray them?). Were the AI-only moves like diving and such intended to be in the game?!
I'm afraid it's not as exciting as you think, this disc seems to be almost the same as a demo that OPM UK later featured on one of their discs.

It's a one level demo of the Siberian dam stage, changes to the final game include different weapon models, slightly different HUD and menu, some changes to the level layout and mission objectives and other miscellaneous things that I can no longer remember.

I did an in-depth analysis of all the changes years ago when I used to run a TS site that focused on the changes from the final TS games and that missing TimeSplitters GBA game (similar to Unseen64), but all the files relating to that are in storage so I can't give you the full list of changes.

Sagitario

Bii said:
4927717511_f78bbaaec6_b.jpg

Tamales. Casa de Tamales. $17.
There's this new place that sells these traditional, sweet, and gourmet tamales. Of course, I couldn't help myself to get some. Looking at the second picture of the tamales, starting from the top-left going clockwise: Portobello & Asparagus, Pineapple Coconut, Strawberry Cream, Blueberry & Cream, Creamy Chicken Alfredo, and Jalapeno & Cheeese. My favorites are easily the Creamy Chicken Alfredo (sauce was tangy and oh-so-creamy) and the Blueberry & Cream (tastes like blueberry pancakes!). I didn't care too much for the Pineapple Coconut as they used canned pineapples and the processed shredded coconut meat. Jalapeno & Cheddar was a fairly standard tamale whereas the Portobello & Asparagus had a very subtle flavor but the added topping of guacamole gave it a nice kick. Lastly, the Strawberry Cream received mixed reviews from my family and friends. I, personally, thought it was interesting and wouldn't mind eating it again. Tastes like just like Good Humor's Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bar...but, y'know, in tamale form.

OMG I'd love to try some of those... especially the Strawberry Cream, looks so delicious...
Too bad that kind of tamales are so freaking rare in México that's pretty much impossible to find them here [how ironic is that? :lol ]
I'll look for the recipe online and suggest my mom to prepare them :D

joelseph

Sagitario said:
OMG I'd love to try some of those... especially the Strawberry Cream, looks so delicious...
Too bad that kind of tamales are so freaking rare in México that's pretty much impossible to find them here [how ironic is that? :lol ]
I'll look for the recipe online and suggest my mom to prepare them :D

Pork 4 life, I am going to get a double order tonight!

.la1n

VALKYRAY said:
FUCKING AWESOME RIDE!

No hating from me, that is a very nice ride. Only been able to stare at them from afar and make believe i'd ever be able to afford one. Props to that :D

Top Bottom