• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Cdammen

Holy shit @ the Arch vs. ThomPayne smachdown :lol

(EDIT) And here's my latest purchase.

loot5feb07.jpg

EDGE beats every other gaming magazine.

Echoes

Pharmacy said:
If I can get Sonic for cheap, is it worth it? How much did you pay?
I live in Kuwait (Middle East) so games are a bit pricier than USA and Canada, to name a few. I got it for about 50$, but you can find it much cheaper in Amazon (20$ in Amazon for the 360 version). To answer your question, hmmmm.. No, don't buy it, if you like Sonic and want a decent next-gen game, go with The Secret Ring (I'm playing it right now and it's really good). IMO this Sonic title is almost unplayable in many ways, I bought it for my little bro (he likes Sonic, and really liked the game), but I don't know, I couldn't play much with it, really annoying controls (and many tech problems).

bryehn

ibu said:
OMFG... im jealous... nice acquisition there Kadey, btw where do you store all these videogame purchases, you must have one BIG house.

I actually wanted to ask the same question. Every time I buy something I can feel my place getting smaller :p

Epix said:

you bought a camera and still managed to use stock photos. awesome.

Echoes

Kadey said:

Awesome, Kadey :D I have the Ken version for a very long time, and found Ryu's one for a cheap price. I'll be getting Chun Li's soon, and hoping to find Akuma's for a reasonable price.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Here are my pickups from December and January. I sold my launch Wii to fund most of this, outside of the Kuro and the 40gig PS3. I got a lot of great deals on this stuff, and a few things like Sigma, Uncharted, and GoW2 were gifts, and Lego Star Wars PS3 was a gift to my son for Christmas (and he's totally obsessed with it now).

First, my brand new 42" Pioneer Kuro and my PS3 game pickups with my 2 favorites leaning against the Kuro:

100_8152.jpg

New DS3 (so good). You can see my nyko recharge base dongle sticking out. The new Nyko recharge base for PS3 works really well. Just set the controller in there with the dongle sticking out and it starts charging. No pluging in, just set it in there.

100_8160.jpg

Most of these games were bought used or leading up to Christmas C/O CAG:

100_8155.jpg

100_8156.jpg

and finally my new 40 gigger which is connected to my Bravia xbr2 which is mainly used as a bluray player/music player/photo viewer though I do a little multiplayer with my son in the house, which is kind of fun. I use my 60 gigger with Kuro as my main gaming device. Though, I'm loving the Kuro so much now that my wife and I are watching movies and playing games on the Kuro in the game room now. That may change with time though. The Bravia is superb for movies, but it's mounted above the fire place which obviously isn't optimal.

100_8166.jpg

This by FAR the biggest haul I've had in a two month period. I usually buy a game every two months or so, but with selling my wii I went a little crazy and bought a shit ton of games.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
drakesfortune said:
Here are my pickups from December and January. I sold my launch Wii to fund most of this, outside of the Kuro and the 40gig PS3. I got a lot of great deals on this stuff, and a few things like Sigma, Uncharted, and GoW2 were gifts, and Lego Star Wars PS3 was a gift to my son for Christmas (and he's totally obsessed with it now).

First, my brand new 42" Pioneer Kuro and my PS3 game pickups with my 2 favorites leaning against the Kuro:

New DS3 (so good). You can see my nyko recharge base dongle sticking out. The new Nyko recharge base for PS3 works really well. Just set the controller in there with the dongle sticking out and it starts charging. No pluging in, just set it in there.

Most of these games were bought used or leading up to Christmas C/O CAG:

and finally my new 40 gigger which is connected to my Bravia xbr2 which is mainly used as a bluray player/music player/photo viewer though I do a little multiplayer with my son in the house, which is kind of fun. I use my 60 gigger with Kuro as my main gaming device. Though, I'm loving the Kuro so much now that my wife and I are watching movies and playing games on the Kuro in the game room now. That may change with time though. The Bravia is superb for movies, but it's mounted above the fire place which obviously isn't optimal.

This by FAR the biggest haul I've had in a two month period. I usually buy a game every two months or so, but with selling my wii I went a little crazy and bought a shit ton of games.
Incredible haul, everyone of those games is great! (Although I haven't played Bully)

But yeah, awesome.

Darkman M

zaxor0 said:
That is the monitor I have been wanting! How is it? Does it do well with consoles?

Yeah it works pretty great with everything, purchased mine from newegg last week when it was on sale for $399 and a 50 dollar mail in rebate. Had no dead pixels or anything what so ever, so im very pleased.

Bull

IMG_0107.jpg

Guitar Hero 3 was my first GH experience but I loved it so much I went back and bought 2. A great game with some great songs but I wish they were mostly masters like 3.

Super Mario Galaxy is my first Wii game even though I've owned the console for a long time. Only about 15 stars in, and playing it very slowly, but it's a lot of fun. Glad I picked it up.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
ZeMMiK said:
You have a backlog now!!! why so many man...

I blame a lot of it on CAG. I bit on a lot of those amazon deals before Christmas, as well as walking into Best Buy in the beginning of December and seeing Killzone PSP, Ratchet Size matters, Star Wars, Dark Mirror all for $10 each. Then there was the Circuit City clearance before Christmas where I got Okami, Full Auto 2 for $16 each. I bought the Metal Gear games to play through before MGS4. I hadn't played MGS since it came out, so I had to refresh myself on those. I had sold my MGS games with my PS2 several years ago.

At any rate, I obviously have a lot of gaming to do. Meanwhile I haven't been able to stop playing Pixel Junk Monsters since it came out. :D

I basically sat out most of the PS2 generation. I had a PS2, but I only bought about five games and only completed MGS2 and the GTA games. I was really busy during that time period with school, work, kids, so it just wasn't a priority. Now I'm through a lot of that and have my own business and work out of the house, so I have a lot more free time (and make a lot more money too). I'm just catching up on a lot of great games that I totally missed out on. I started playing SoTC with my son last night and the first battle blew our minds. We were both grinning ear to ear figuring that game out.

Zyzyxxz

Got some posters from the Valve store, it was a awesome deal so I couldn't resist considering how much I like TF2 and its artstyle.

2245614688_abf1cb2e72_b.jpg

2244818445_43e9529232_b.jpg

the big black poster is a custom one I made and got off snapfish when they had a sale. I posted it previously in the Jan. Pickup thread as well

Frester

Bull said:
IMG_0107.jpg

Guitar Hero 3 was my first GH experience but I loved it so much I went back and bought 2. A great game with some great songs but I wish they were mostly masters like 3.

Super Mario Galaxy is my first Wii game even though I've owned the console for a long time. Only about 15 stars in, and playing it very slowly, but it's a lot of fun. Glad I picked it up.

GH2 is SO much better than GH3. Best in the series IMO.

Rock Band > GH though!

Top Bottom