• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

MidiSurf

Banned
Wired said:
Well, actually posting pics of games and stuff seems a little anticlimactic... but yeah, here goes.

amiga_c64_2.jpg

Bought some more old stuff (lol Robocop 3, whatever)

Good purchases.

Alien Breed still rocks and so on (bought the Amiga CD-version last month). I remember playing Black Crypt back in the days but don't really recall if it was good or bad game. Robocop 3 is more or less horrible game but still has some kinda good nostalgic feeling.

And i give you thumbs up for the tape drive.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's rare nowadays to find a brand new one of these in this day and age but I got lucky.

IMG_4177.jpg

So.....now............that makes nine.

IMG_4179.jpg

And a bonus for the interested in previous posts.

HelloKitty-1.jpg

La la la. -=runs=-

Leonsito

Kadey said:
It's rare nowadays to find a brand new one of these in this day and age but I got lucky.

IMG_4177.jpg

So.....now............that makes nine.

IMG_4179.jpg

And a bonus for the interested in previous posts.

HelloKitty-1.jpg

La la la. -=runs=-

What are those Mario Galaxy boxes in the first picture ?

And how are those SF pads? Do you use them? I know a shop where they have a couple of them but I'm not sure about buying one...

Leonsito said:
What are those Mario Galaxy boxes in the first picture ?

And how are those SF pads? Do you use them? I know a shop where they have a couple of them but I'm not sure about buying one...

I have two for Xbox and personally, I think the d-pad sucks.

Amir0x

Banned
Damn SquareEnix sucks at shipping... ordered these like two weeks before Christmas, JUST got them yesterday. Fucking stupid.

FebSmaller08.jpg

Still, the trading minis are nice but I really like the quality of the Tactics stuff. Pretty damn good.

Got BWii for free today (which was nice, even though I hated the first game and from what I played of the second it was lame as hell), and picked up Jesse James:

FebStuffSmaller082.jpg

Feep

Banned
I'd had this set up for awhile. The TV is on a sturdy cantilever mount, so I can move it and swivel it and rotate it and whatever.

Why everyone doesn't use a 720p or 1080p HDTV as their computer monitor is completely beyond me.

n2008301_37391498_1777.jpg

DarkJC

Feep said:
I'd had this set up for awhile. The TV is on a sturdy cantilever mount, so I can move it and swivel it and rotate it and whatever.

Why everyone doesn't use a 720p or 1080p HDTV as their computer monitor is completely beyond me.

My 22" computer monitor is 1050p...good enough? :p

larvi

Went to Frys earlier today and picked up FF Chronicles, Front Mission 4 and Xbox wireless adapter from the bargain rack. Also picked up Zoo Tycoon 2 DS and Sims Pet Stories for my youngest daughters' birthday later this month (yes she likes animals).

DSCN7608e.JPG

Timo

ymmv said:
jan.jpg

January was a nice month with new games, European comics, a couple of CDs and Blu-Rays plus a 80GB iPod classic I had't planned on buying. Unfortunately my old 30GB iPod crapped out on me for the umpteenth time and I was tired of opening it up again, didn't want to spend more than a 100 euro on a repair so I bought a new one. So now I know how 360 fans feel after buying a replacement for a RRODed box :lol

Black Moth Super Rainbow! I just got that cd.

marwan

Banned
ibu said:
That tablet is amazing... how much it set you back? impressions thus far?

The tablet set me back $399 and it's amazing, the screen is crystal clear sharp and you can browse the net on it like you do on a desktop, full screen, no need to re-arrange the screen. It also supports a buncha codec, and has full flash and java support(youtube works great), the keyboard feels tactile and it's great, big buttons so it's very comfy :) it's linux based and you could install a buncha applications on it, it comes pre-installed with Skype and also has a built in webcam. And best of all, it has a built in GPS :)

more info:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Y4AH3C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The Nokia N800 is great too, it's $228 minus the keyboard and GPS. it's running the old Linux OS, but once you update the firmware, it flashes it with OS 2008 and overclocks the CPU to 400Mhz from 333Mhz. Regarding the keyboard, you could use the stylus or an on screen thumb keyboard.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MK4GGM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Lost Odyssey, Kingdom Under Fire & Burnout Paradise;

DSCF0299.jpg

A few Saturn games, Magic Carpet, Mass Destruction, Galaxy Fight and freaking Soukyugerentai!

DSCF0295.jpg

And my most recent blu-ray hauls;

DSCF0301.jpg

DSCF0302.jpg

DSCF0304.jpg

question

i saw like 6 copies of mass effect CE in my local game shop, and i wonder if i should pick them up or no?

they went for like $110 back in NOV, 07 how about now?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Muchi Muchi Pork kit :D

9iv96f.jpg

HRAP 2+LS3201, white buttons for start/select and pink bubble ball:

1057b06.jpg

Garegga arrange CD, MMP DVD/CD and Esprade/Guwange OST:

232vcg.jpg

I went a little nuts this week with the 25% off used GBA and GC games coupon GameStop sent out this past weekend. Stacked it with the 10% off Edge card to get 35% off.

I hit up the two GameStops (conveniently across the street from each other) each day this week after work since you can only get 3 games on each coupon. Not pictured: Billy Hatcher (hey, it was $3.25) and RE:CVX for GC. They're probably getting sick of me and my damn coupons since there've been similar ones for XBox, PS2, and PSP.

I spent about $170 after tax on the stuff pictured below. Since they were so cheap I should be able to flip 'em when I'm done and get my money back. Hoorah.

28wh4sh.jpg

That should keep me occupied for a while :p

larvi

Alex Anderson said:
I went a little nuts this week with the 25% off used GBA and GC games coupon GameStop sent out this past weekend. Stacked it with the 10% off Edge card to get 35% off.

I hit up the two GameStops (conveniently across the street from each other) each day this week after work since you can only get 3 games on each coupon. Not pictured: Billy Hatcher (hey, it was $3.25) and RE:CVX for GC. They're probably getting sick of me and my damn coupons since there've been similar ones for XBox, PS2, and PSP.

I spent about $170 after tax on the stuff pictured below. Since they were so cheap I should be able to flip 'em when I'm done and get my money back. Hoorah.

That should keep me occupied for a while :p

Did the 25% off coupon work for the GBC Zelda games?

eznark said:
That is a lot of long hand held gaming you have in front of you! How are you deciding where to start?

:)

I started with Space Channel 5 since I'd always been curious about that one. I never knew it was pretty much a straight conversion of the Dreamcast game. The subtitle threw me off, I think.

I'll just play the ones I'm most interested in first, I guess. Probably FFVI first, since I think it's bad I've never played it. I've only played a handful of JRPGs and want to play more of the genre. Then Shining Soul, CIMA, and Mario & Luigi most likely.

larvi said:
Did the 25% off coupon work for the GBC Zelda games?

Nope, the coupon had to be manually applied to each game I think. It wasn't a deal where the cashier scans the games, then the coupon and the prices automatically adjust.

Got a couple of Saturn games in the post - Segata Sanshiro Shinkenyugi and Terra Phantastica (SRPGs ftw);

DSCF0305.jpg

Terra Phantastica also comes with a cool little paper map (I wish more RPGs did these days);

DSCF0309.jpg

sw26

I forgot to post some of my purchases from last month in the old thread, so I'll just do it here.

EdgeandRRA.jpg

The latest Edge and Volume IV of the Royal Rumble Anthology (2003-2007) on DVD

SMB2.jpg

Mario64.jpg

A couple of VC games from the backlog

ClassicandFFX.jpg

And my latest purchases - an iPod Classic 80Gb Black and a copy of Final Fantasy X (Despite being a teenage PS1 owner during the peak of the series in the late 90s I only got into the series in the last year or so oddly so I felt I had to play X just to see for myself how it holds up).

btf1980

Rancid Mildew said:
34euc5u.jpg

I got these late January just to coincide with Brawl's soundtrack and set them up today but the rest of the three speakers won't be here until some time in February. Unfortunately, the speakers have forced me to get rid of my CRT since they aren't magnetically shielded meaning I can't play console video games until I decide which model to buy. My DS was also lost along with my PSP so it gave me the perfect excuse to purchase the FFXII limited edition one.

Love the Anthony Gallos. Superb speakers. I auditioned them many times.

btf1980

My pick-ups so far.

IMG_0635.jpg

Upgraded my 4280 Kuro.....will be replaced by the 5010FD. :D

IMG_0629.jpg

Ignore the mess....my living room is being redecorated.

btf1980 said:
Love the Anthony Gallos. Superb speakers. I auditioned them many times.

Thanks. It's my favorite in that price range. How do you like your 5010FD so far? It's on the short list of contenders I am considering for my next television.

Top Bottom