• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

eXistor

Just bought my first and last TimeWalk reproduction game. I expect a $70,- reproduction to be as authentic as possible, not have an amateurish paintjob (a smelly one at that), use cardboard that resembles the real NES boxes, have a decent manual (the intro alone has a bunch of bad spelling mistakes by the Timewalk team themselves). There's also a map included as you can see in the picture. It doesn't show on this pic, but it's pixely as hell, very very low res. Oh and the bottom-left corner of the label is damaged.

May this serve as a warning to anyone who is tempted to buy from them. At least the game works as it's supposed to. If it were $20,- I'd accept it, but for $70,- this is very low-grade and amateurish.

o9Babt8.jpg

n8

Unconfirmed Member
A Goodwill-like store finally produced something interesting.

xPDavHrl.jpg

It still has all the wrappers and papers inside to boot. Beautiful.

GulAtiCa

May this serve as a warning to anyone who is tempted to buy from them. At least the game works as it's supposed to. If it were $20,- I'd accept it, but for $70,- this is very low-grade and amateurish.

Thank you. I was kinda curious about buying it myself, but hearing that it's very low quality is disappointing.

Seems TimeWalk also sells Zelda Parallel Worlds for the SNES. I wonder if that means it will also be low quality. Anyone try it out? $95 is a lot of money..

plc268

Just bought my first and last TimeWalk reproduction game. I expect a $70,- reproduction to be as authentic as possible, not have an amateurish paintjob (a smelly one at that), use cardboard that resembles the real NES boxes, have a decent manual (the intro alone has a bunch of bad spelling mistakes by the Timewalk team themselves). There's also a map included as you can see in the picture. It doesn't show on this pic, but it's pixely as hell, very very low res. Oh and the bottom-left corner of the label is damaged.

o9Babt8.jpg

Yea, I've been put off simply because they paint all their carts. I don't want painted carts. Either use the real thing, or get a mold done if you want different cart colors (like retrousb).

Thank you. I was kinda curious about buying it myself, but hearing that it's very low quality is disappointing.

Seems TimeWalk also sells Zelda Parallel Worlds for the SNES. I wonder if that means it will also be low quality. Anyone try it out? $95 is a lot of money..

There's a bunch of other sites that sell repros cheaper, but timewalk is one of the only ones, afaik, that does everything (box, manual, etc).

But, I suggest getting Parallel Worlds remodel instead.

Nice shoes. I really like the color combination.

Oh that's nice. Where can I get a pair?

Thanks and I got them at a skate shop in my town. They're Nike SB Dunks (low) in Dark Obsidian/Gym Red/White.

That brooke shirt is great. Makes me want to buy one now.

Thanks. They had a few other ones, but I particularly liked this Brook design, probably because it was 'plain' compared to the other ones.

Vancha

Bought these in Januari, a small month of releases but still bought quite a bit...

dgoDx6a.jpg

a3LwYGn.jpg

O2wA4cs.jpg

Sorry for the big pictures :)

edit: fixed images...

DocStar

Neo Member
I bought Mass Effect 3 for my new Wii U ...

but looks like I also bought the 360 Version with it :D

CDqxjkNl.jpg

Translated it tells you:

"Press the Xbox_Btn_Start to continue the mission"

AWESOME! :p

Pretty awesome last month of new pick ups. More books than usual this month. Hyrule Historia was delivered today along with Deva Zan, both absolutely massive. I didn't expect either to be so huge.

9d0dX0ml.jpg

Lucked into a complete copy of Lunar 2 in great shape for an amazing price found on a local listing. Owner apparently found it at a value village! Was really impressed with TitS FC HD from this pile. Fire Emblem seems excellent so far.

aYOpggdl.jpg

And finally a nice pce haul. Looking forward to trying this version of Sorcerian.

uGPuvfcl.jpg

Chairhome

I bought Mass Effect 3 for my new Wii U ...

but looks like I also bought the 360 Version with it :D

CDqxjkNl.jpg

Translated it tells you:

"Press the Xbox_Btn_Start to continue the mission"

AWESOME! :p

That's hilarious. I guess when someone was translating for different languages, they forgot to replace that.

That is a huge bummer, I have been looking to pick up Clock Tower, Gunman's Proof, and Sweet Home from them and thought I'd get the complete in box versions, but this has really made me re-think that. All the youtube unboxings I had previously seen seemed like they were quality, wonder if some of those youtubers were given their games for free.

Walked into a thrift store and saw this for $20. Disney Studios is nearby so seems like it's a promo poster they'd hang up around the offices. It's metallic and on foam core. Beautiful.

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

Thank you for this. I have been thinking of picking up a few NES and SNES games for a while. Hopefully someone else will start doing CIB for a decent price.
:(

Korosenai

Are goodwills generally good places to go when looking for cheap older games? Ive got a couple near me but never thought about actually going to one for games.

jbueno

Are goodwills generally good places to go when looking for cheap older games? Ive got a couple near me but never thought about actually going to one for games.

Those can be very YMMV, so be patient and persevere and you might find something good among piles of shovelware and old yearly sports titles. I hear some employees there are wising up and snatching valuable stuff for themselves though, perhaps it depends on your area.

Nice looking cab build! You should share up some more pic on the build when you get that bezel in, you could post it in the Arcade Stick thread as well. Interesting button layout. Is that dropped thumb button down on the bottom left of each layout so that you have a Neo-Geo layout with the bottom four buttons?

Also, random question, but do you find that you actually swap around between the two stick types for different games? I build a LS-32 stick that I love and I'm considering building a second one with JLF instead, but I'm not sure if I'd like the feel of swapping back and forth between different stick / button sets or not.

Thanks for the thumb up. I will add some more pic in those thread. The cabinet looks a lots much nicer in real life. It cost me lots of weekends. Yes the layout is for 6 buttons (+1) for the neo-geo games. The buttons config is easy to set in the mame emulator.
For shooter I prefer the Seimitsu else is Sanwa.

GulAtiCa

Just keep checking. While not much, I did recently find a used Xbox (with game inside slot) for $20.

That sucks. I love my Earthbound cart. I don't go for the full package, though. That really sucks to have put down $70 for something like that and have it be such low quality. Here's mine, along with the other repos I got this month. Also have Final Fantasy 5 coming at some point.

3fNL6Cw.jpg

Also got this today for free off of Craigslist. Was looking for a new one 'cause I realized my old TV was cutting off the edges. This one has enough inputs for all my systems, which is awesome. Heaviest TV I've ever moved:

zi9sNOr.jpg

First time I have ever heard (or seen) of this game. What is it about?

It's the DS' entry in the Gunpey series (named after Gunpei Yokoi).

As the subtitle says, it's a Music Puzzle game.

It's like a combination of Lumines, Tetris Attack, and Tetris.
You flip pieces around on the game board so that they stretch from left to right and clear lines, which makes music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwp9wHVFbfI
Just seeing the gameplay explains it well enough.

It's a pretty decent game, especially for the sub-$10 it's going for on Amazon.

Top Bottom