• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Happy New Year!)!

Sethos

Banned
Saying goodbye to the Galaxy S3, hated it.

And hello to the Lumia 920

2yasj6.png

3tdsdg.png

ibu

Been a while since I posted. Here are a few pickups for the last couple of months. I had a bit of a blowout.

I spent around 3 months in hospitals having various operations to (initially) repair a ruptured Achilles tendon whilst working overseas, treatment of subsequent infection and finally removal of the achilles tendon due to complications arising from original overseas operation, which was done to save my leg. I haven't posted pictures of these images for a reason, they are pretty gross.

- MacBook Pro 15.4" i7 2.6ghz, 8gb RAM, 750gb HDD
- Black Satin Speck! MacBook case
- Sennheiser HD598's
- Turtle Beach EarForce DSS - I couldn't get my hands on a Astro surround driver, sadly. So this will do for now.
- Wii Play Motion Plus Wii Motion Plus Remote x2
- Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse
- Nintendo 3DSXL Blue with obligatory coffee pickup.
- Nintendo Wii U ZombiU Limited Edition
- iPad Mini 32gb Black Slate
and a few others as per the pictures.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Besides picking up Snatcher (PS1), another Nexus 4 (16GB), Conkers Bad Fur Day and all of these N64 games this has been my favourite pick up for January:
ln4x8Le.jpg

The cases are dirt cheap. I bought 20 off ebay for $25 and the covers can be found at The Cover Project.

Total cost with printing was $38.

Sorry for the shitty pic but trust when I say that these look really sharp and pop really nicely when displayed.

Sound-Weezy
397379_10200253579799463_1267645403_n.jpg

not pictured: a new burger press for grilling season and specialty pan for French bread (mid-west can't duplicate that New Orleans style french bread at all)

Rubius

Few Pick Up from my last month of work waited for me at home.
EuxCoXA.jpg

Got myself the best 460 controller for fighters and with the best Dpad. had Anime remorse from streaming, so bought the whole Naruto pre Shippunnen. The Art of Borderland is pretty interesting. Shows the different design idea for the characters. Tiny Tina could have been a Juliet from Lollilop Chainsaw look a like! Nice Tripod for cheap. Dance Central was around 10$ and Spec Ops seem to be a cool emotional Shooter.
caDIzAU.jpg

My worst pick up from Ebay yet. Described as a "near mint" Saturn, the guy shipped without any protection outside of a single one foot bubble wrap sheet. 4 of the games boxes, including Enemy Zero are shattered. Games are dirty and have scratch, and the worst? Both controllers dont work. One is non responsive, and the other is freaking out. At least the system is working fine, but its far from Mint.
And to the right, a Gameboy micro who came with FFV, Sonic and Super Mario Bros 2. Really nice. Kinda small in my hand!
TSHPKcD.jpg

Two return to Ravnica Magic The Gathering Box, and a nice coffee table book.
90gC3OF.jpg

Mythics, Foil Rare and Shock Lands.
3rSjTNx.jpg

RkOwnage

Besides picking up Snatcher (PS1), another Nexus 4 (16GB), Conkers Bad Fur Day and all of these N64 games this has been my favourite pick up for January:
ln4x8Le.jpg

The cases are dirt cheap. I bought 20 off ebay for $25 and the covers can be found at The Cover Project.

Total cost with printing was $38.

Sorry for the shitty pic but trust when I say that these look really sharp and pop really nicely when displayed.

Tried to find some on ebay, with no luck. I definitely wanna pick these up, they'll make my shelf look so much cleaner, lol.

Yes Boss!

I don't "get" the Pikachu 3DSXL. Counting out the awkward camera nipples, when opened it's upside down.

Yeah, if you think the 3DS is for other people to admire. A portable is for the user and only the user. No image on the inside so when closed it faces you for your personal pleasure. Why would you want it backwards?

More awkward is the questionable two-tone that nintendo has chosen for the white 3DSs.

Cypher

More random pickups:

Assorted Game Guides (from GS 50% sale)

DSC09685_zps6b5220a2.jpg

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - Collector's Edition (360)

DSC09698_zps55c560b0.jpg

Grand Slam Tennis 2 (360)
Risen 2: Dark Waters - Special Edition (360)

DSC09699_zps55b33eac.jpg

Jessicat

What is all that Soul Hackers swag and when do you want my address?
There's two shirts and a tote bag there XD I also got a "desk mat" set that didn't fit in the pic; its basically a big, thin mouse pad [one with Nemecchis on it, the other with Raidou & Raido on it~]. You can try your luck over on amiami, some of the shirts show as "back-ordered" but you can still try to buy 'em...but if you want a sure thing I could sell you the white t-shirt on the left [same "GUMP" design as the one on the right, but I got it in large instead of medium ^^;]

I got notice that my amiami orders from this month and some not-stocked items from December are combo'd and ready to ship, so I'll be posting in next month's spoils thread once it arrives XD

outsidah

Saying goodbye to the Galaxy S3, hated it.

And hello to the Lumia 920

Different tastes for everyone I suppose. The 920 is one sexy piece of hardware but I went through three of them I believe to get one that wouldn't randomly lock up. Now the one I have has a battery that barely gets through part of my day and the lack of apps on WP8 is just awful. I like some basics of the OS but the whole thing still feels beta.

Hope you enjoy your phone, better luck then me I hope!

Damn.

The Lumia and iPhone remain the be the only smartphones that look and feel like they're worth the money.

Looks don't make up the whole story ;)

DTJAAAAM

Walked into one of my usual thrift shops and found these CD-I games on the shelf for $3 each:

jYoRmUQYvwzri.jpg

The discs are pretty scratched, but nothing that a good resurfacing can't fix. Also already had Escape from Cyber City, but wanted this copy for the big case.

daxy

Yeah, if you think the 3DS is for other people to admire. A portable is for the user and only the user. No image on the inside so when closed it faces you for your personal pleasure. Why would you want it backwards?

More awkward is the questionable two-tone that nintendo has chosen for the white 3DSs.

I get plenty of enjoyment out of just looking at Pikachu every time I take it out. I guess you just need to have a somewhat more playful mindset to appreciate it. That you even go as far as analyzing the practicality of its design is telling that you cannot appreciate Pikachu's sheer ridiculousness :p

LadyRiven

I got my copy of the English Hyrule Historia and am pretty impressed with it. I was also very surprised how much larger it is than the Japanese version. One nice thing is that they used thicker paper for the EN version! I have a review on my blog of the Japanese version of Hyrule Historia if you'd like to see what sort of contents it has.

I'm a big Darkwing Duck fan, so I bought a copy of James Silvani's sketchbook, which is full of his fun, nerdy Disney crossover art. You can see most of these illustrations on his Tumblr. He did the art for the Darkwing Duck comics reboot by Boom! a couple years ago. I asked him if he'd do a little DW doodle in my book for me, so he put one on the back and even drew him on the white backing board he shipped with it.

A post on Tumblr convinced me I had to read this manga, written by the "founding mother" of shoujo. It was really excellent and I'd recommend any manga fans give it a read, especially if they enjoy shoujo in particular.

And of course I bought this, which I am enjoying immensely!

I also bought a handful of stuff to fuel my Supernatural obsession that I may post pics of later. ;p

I'm a big Darkwing Duck fan, so I bought a copy of James Silvani's sketchbook, which is full of his fun, nerdy Disney crossover art. You can see most of these illustrations on his Tumblr. He did the art for the Darkwing Duck comics reboot by Boom! a couple years ago. I asked him if he'd do a little DW doodle in my book for me, so he put one on the back and even drew him on the white backing board he shipped with it.

That is gdlk.

"I am the Terror that flaps on the night! I am the lint that gets stuck between your toes! I am Darkwing Duck!" lolololz.

Oh, and I miss Disney World terribly. Go plenty more for me. xD

My first post for this great Thread :)

5UmzqXj.jpg

Please add me: swordsman360 [xbox live]

I finished my mame arcade last August 2012, but still have to apply the monitor brezel. Player 1 with Sanwa Joy+buttons , Player 2 :Seimitsu joy+buttons.
Controller panel applied with perspex.

Stooo

Neo Member
I normally take better photos using a DSLR, but this just arrived 2 days early and I got excited!
8429868426_be1f7e2dd7.jpg

Edit: That's not me holding it ;)

Top Bottom