• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Charron said:
2008-07-26-62952.jpg

Goddamn Rock Band.

Im jealous, hopefully I'll have the same issue as you in a couple of months. i'm trying to buy a house now.

robot

jvalioli said:
Managed to find the cord to my camera, so I'm going to be posting June pick-ups too.

june.jpg

Capcom Design Works is amazing imo - second only to the Metal Gear Solid artbook.

phenotypical

Neo Member
Private Hoffman said:
Hey, I'm thinking of picking up the Panasonic plasma.

I've heard good things about it...

But when I checked it out in the store, it didn't seem to be a huge improvement over the other LCDs? I was really surprised.

Could Best Buy just have their crap hooked up horribly?

Go get yourself a Pioneer Kuro 720p, if you can afford it and if you can still find it. I have no regrets. Top rated flat-panel HDTV by CNet for a good reason.

jvalioli

MarkMan said:
Happy Birthday Kadey! Hope you have a good one !

----

jvalioli: SCARY. My recent pickups are so similar to yours! I just got a box of Phoenix Wright figures too!

I'm still recovering from comic-con... will post pics of stuff/swag soon.
We were both in that one CAG thread. I just post under a different name.:lol
robot said:
Capcom Design Works is amazing imo - second only to the Metal Gear Solid artbook.
I plan to buy the MGS artbook too. And yeah, the Capcom book is amazing. I'm not that huge a Capcom fan but their artists are amazing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kittonwy said:
I bought Siren: Blood Curse, Kungfu Hustle on Blu-Ray and Secret Agent Clank for PSP.
KlintIndifference.gif
I dun trust u, pics naow :mad:

Netto-kun said:
Finally received the package from Play-Asia after 2 weeks with waiting.:lol
SSL20947.jpg

Is the first game playable for non-Japanese speakers? I was thinking of ordering it because it looks pretty cool.
And stuff from HK/China takes about a month to arrive here :lol Unless you use EMS which costs about 30 dollars.

Netto-kun

Allan Holdsworth said:
Is the first game playable for non-Japanese speakers? I was thinking of ordering it because it looks pretty cool.
And stuff from HK/China takes about a month to arrive here :lol Unless you use EMS which costs about 30 dollars.
I say knowing at least some Japanese is required in order to play this game. Since you need to understand what you are supposed to say in order to perform basic attacks, group attacks and transformation.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?publicUserId=5765429&bId=8251054
http://club.nintendo.jp/present/p62/index.html
^First link is an impression of the game written by someone. Second link is a demonstration video.

Also keep in mind that this game is multiplayer only.:lol

And I usually receive packages from Play-Asia/Yesasia one week after the shipping, so I thought it was odd how it took a little bit longer this time. :p

Kadey: Happy birthday!

Netto-kun said:
I say knowing at least some Japanese is required in order to play this game. Since you need to understand what you are supposed to say in order to perform basic attacks, group attacks and transformation.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?publicUserId=5765429&bId=8251054
http://club.nintendo.jp/present/p62/index.html
^First link is an impression of the game written by someone. Second link is a demonstration video.

Also keep in mind that this game is multiplayer only.:lol

And I usually receive packages from Play-Asia/Yesasia one week after the shipping, so I thought it was odd how it took a little bit longer this time. :p

Kadey: Happy birthday!

Ah, then the game is pretty much useless for me. Thanks for the info.

Yes Boss!

Ecto311 said:
kbdhu9.jpg

Just got this today but have yet to play it. The harmonica I have played and its not too bad. 8.5 so far..

waah, the first of the $9.99 Blastworks! Still gotta wait for mine to arrive via mail :(

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
jvalioli said:
Managed to find the cord to my camera, so I'm going to be posting June pick-ups too.

june.jpg

Big month for me:
-iPod Touch 32GB
-Capcom Design Works artbook
-Phoenix Wright set of 8 Figures
-Famitsu PS3
-PSP Slim
-Crisis Core

july.jpg

-MGS4 Snake Face Movie Poster
-MGS3 Movie poster
-Persona 4 AX T-Shirt

hmm is that Capcom Design Works a hardback?

zoku88 said:
How much does the Gundam Movie Trilogy go for these days? When I got it, it was like $60...
It was about $30 but its in the cases that Bandai uses for their Anime Legends stuff. If I remember correctly the Trilogy came in an actual box with a manual. Mine does not have that manual.

Butane123

Not really a "pick-up", but here's some pics from the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb and a vacation to the Teton/Yellowstone National Parks that I just got back from.

Hill Climb: (anyone recognize the 2nd car?)

P1000641.jpg

P1000672.jpg

Tetons: (Sadly, most of my Teton pictures are stuck on a separate SD card that my computer will not identify)

P1000695.jpg

Yellowstone:

P1000748.jpg

P1000813.jpg

I have close to 1000 awesome pictures for this vacation. Absolutely love it up there.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Butane123 said:
Not really a "pick-up", but here's some pics from the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb and a vacation to the Teton/Yellowstone National Parks that I just got back from.

Hill Climb: (anyone recognize the 2nd car?)

P1000641.jpg

P1000672.jpg

Tetons: (Sadly, most of my Teton pictures are stuck on a separate SD card that my computer will not identify)

P1000695.jpg

Yellowstone:

P1000748.jpg

P1000813.jpg

I have close to 1000 awesome pictures for this vacation. Absolutely love it up there.

ESCUDO!! Pikes Peak Version!

(Thanks to Gran Turismo)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Butane123 said:

Nice. I actually lived in Wyoming for some time.

zmet said:
Nice! I bought a plasma (42" Panasonic PZ80U) two months ago and fell in love with the picture quality immediately. The funny thing is that when I visit friends who have LCDs, I'm kinda disappointed by the PQ. I guess that's what steered me towards a plasma display in the first place.:D

GxlY6nHwH6HII0MWXJ5j7Zirhzabs9DhZUGqoljf5nKW4BC-2tnyPjTxhYzpFLMC4wOiF9TFx0jO-TdBdtYJmP95QvN8bx1F6Fn6353x4Bo

Samurai Spirits: Rokuban Shoubu - Jpn PS2

Do you have to pay to play online? Also what's the bonus thing and where did you get it?

zmet

SlaughterX said:
Do you have to pay to play online? Also what's the bonus thing and where did you get it?
I don't have a network adapter on my Japanese PS2 but I think Capcom and SNK do charge to play online. The bonus item is a towel.

Beggar Prince, Pulseman & Yu Yu Hakusho for the Megadrive;

SP_A0335.jpg

SP_A0336.jpg

SP_A0337.jpg

Ferrari Challenge for the PS3;

SP_A0338.jpg

Found out about Beggar Prince on ebay, luckily I didn't buy it from there as the sellers have really jacked up the price for a game that can still be bought from the manufacturers. Also, Ferrari Challenge is hard, but i'm loving it so far :p

Kuran

Banned
Does that Siren soundtrack have all the tracks? I hope its the same one thats going to be released in August.. the game has an amazing soundtrack.

Pezking

This months 2nd batch of Batman Graphic Novels - TDKs German release is still 3 weeks away:
28baati.jpg

And somehow, I already got my hands on the US-Import of "Soul Calibur IV" :D :
wgsvwz.jpg

Bootaaay said:
Beggar Prince, Pulseman & Yu Yu Hakusho for the Megadrive;

SP_A0335.jpg

SP_A0336.jpg

SP_A0337.jpg

Ferrari Challenge for the PS3;

SP_A0338.jpg

Found out about Beggar Prince on ebay, luckily I didn't buy it from there as the sellers have really jacked up the price for a game that can still be bought from the manufacturers. Also, Ferrari Challenge is hard, but i'm loving it so far :p

OMG!! I've been trying to score a copy of Yu Yu Hakusho for years! Please PM me with details on that catch. That is quite a find indeed! I've got to get my hands on a copy! It's one of the sacred treasures I MUST have in my game collection!

Maggot9

Banned
dralla said:
n390et.jpg

not much. finally wireless for my PS2 though
That controller is awesome. I've had it for over 3 years and there's absolutely no wear on the analog sticks. Only downside is that the vibration isn't as strong as DS2's.

Yes Boss!

First time I've gone with the PS3 version of a game on a multi-platform title. Usually I prefer achievements but I've only got the EX2 for the 360 while I've got a RAP3 for the PS3. Easy decision!

IMG_0531.jpg

.hacked

img_0388225.jpg

My GF moved in with me last week, with the help of her uncle we extended the driveway about 4ft so she can park easier. Some paint this weekend and it will be all done :D

img_0389773.jpg

This game is so much fun, man it has been ages since I played a good fighter.

Jason

My Play-Asia order finally arrived. :/
stopspending.jpg

Fighters Megamix, Fighting Vipers, Nana Vol. 17

stopspending1.jpg

4 GB Micro SDHC

stopspending5.jpg

Sissy - All Under, Caroline - Sunrise

And the latest vinyl binge. :)

stopspending2.jpg

Rilo Kiley - The Moneymaker

stopspending3.jpg

Sparklehorse - Dreamt For Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain

stopspending4.jpg

Bjork - Volta

july28vinyl1.jpg

Lykke Li - I'm Good I'm Gone 12"

july28vinyl2.jpg

Sissy - So Long

july28vinyl3.jpg

Sebastien Tellier - Divine

july28vinyl4.jpg

Islands - The Tomlab Alphabet Singles Series

july28vinyl5.jpg

Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins - Rise Up with Fists!!

july28vinyl6.jpg

Dizzee Rascal - Sirens

july28vinyl7.jpg

Lykke Li - I'm Good I'm Gone 7"

Top Bottom