• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

btf1980

Pizza Luigi said:
You have a more than excellent taste in music.

I presume you've already got the Live in Paris album of Diana Krall?

If you don't, you have to buy it now, because in my opinion it's the best Jazzalbum of the new generation and the best Diana Krall album.

It's an album I let an ex borrow and never got back. I'll definitely pick it up again.

SEGA 32x & a couple of 6-button pads;

SP_A0284.jpg

Doom 32x;

SP_A0286.jpg

Final Fight CD;

SP_A0286a.jpg

Nobunaga's Ambition complete with map;

SP_A0288.jpg

A few MegaDrive games (Chuck Rock, Chuck Rock 2, Shiten Myooh & Two Crude Dudes);

SP_A0287.jpg

And Overlord: Raising Hell for the PS3;

SP_A0285.jpg

Pezking said:
Yes. Expensive as fuck.

Love the poster, hate myself for spending a ridiculous amount of money for a signed piece of laminated paper.

Well, I'll get over it. :D

Don't feel too bad. I paid $300 for a signed (by Yamaoka) copy of the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack.

Pezking

disappeared said:
Don't feel too bad. I paid $300 for a signed (by Yamaoka) copy of the Silent Hill 3 soundtrack.

Nice!

Well, I spent €200 on that poster.

I guess it would have been even more expensive if the seller would have offered international shipping.

LiK

Pezking said:
Nice!

Well, I spent €200 on that poster.

I guess it would have been even more expensive if the seller would have offered international shipping.

wow, big spender ;)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
vgamer1 said:
I didn't know DK was into drugs!!

zsk5l.jpg

:lol
ha

the cheapest and coolest bong ever.

Pezking

LiK said:
wow, big spender ;)

Stop it already! :lol

I know, it's madness...well, I guess I can sell that poster again for a similar amount of money if I somehow begin to feel too stupid for buying it in the first place.

This "theory" of mine also made me finally pull the trigger on that auction.

It's my sister's birthday today (she would have turned 30 if she was alive now :() so I've been trying to take it easy. I asked my mom to take me to Gamestop since she was running errands and I got some GC games with the 30% off coupon.

Mamteespics044.jpg

I was looking for Twin Snakes, but the clerk told me someone bought it a couple days ago. I decided to get BK: O because I always wanted to play BK, GOTCHA FORCE because some people say it's one of the best GC games ever, and FF: CC because I wanted to play that too. The other things there are the August EGM and Teriyaki chicken from a good take-out place (decided to get something other than Bourbon chicken today). :D

A bit lttp with the shirts, but they just came in the mail. So awesome.
P7023516.jpg

Martin LX1 travel guitar. Plays well and has a great tone, perfect for me cos I was tired of lugging around my other acoustics.:lol
P6273512.jpg

bryehn

Whoops, I totally skipped June...oh well, here's what I've got since last time...

Starting off with a new 360 Arcade unit to replace my older, DRE prone machine

08-07-02-360.jpg

Next, Metal Gear Solid 4: Limited Edition and Limited Edition Guide (best guide ever!)

08-07-02-mgs4le.jpg

08-07-02-mgs4guide.jpg

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. Bought for the guitar...finding Les Paul standalones is tough where I live.

08-07-02-gh-a.jpg

...and Guitar Hero: On Tour. For review purposes.

08-07-02-gh-ot.jpg

Gears of War. Well after Metal Gear Solid 4, I just can't get into it. Too late to the party I guess. Friend that took my old 360 likes it though...

08-07-02-gears.jpg

Lost Odyssey. The HD RPG I've been looking for, will probably be playing this all year.

08-07-02-lost.jpg

Sonic and the Secret Rings. Got for $15 from Goozex, still haven't played

08-07-02-sonic.jpg

Deca Sports. More like Caca Sports. Seriously it sucks. Stay away.

08-07-02-deca.jpg

Final Fantasy X-2. Never played it. $7.50 from Goozex, no red stripe :)

08-07-02-ffx2.jpg

Mega Man Anniversary Collection. The games look great upscaled to HDTV.

08-07-02-mmac.jpg

Yakuza. Never played this one either. I'm so glad I bought a 60GB PS3 last year.

08-07-02-yakuza.jpg

FirePro Wrestling Returns. Pain in the ass to find where I live. Best Wrestling game ever.

08-07-02-firepro.jpg

Raw Danger. This is the best "shitty" game I've played in a long time

08-07-02-raw.jpg

...and some watchables. Family Guy Volumes 1 & 3. Sabrina Season 4.

08-07-02-famguy1.jpg

08-07-02-famguy2.jpg

08-07-02-sabrina.jpg

Not pictured: Toki Tori (WiiWare), Commando 3 (PSN), a bunch of Rock Band and SingStar DLC.

Got myself component cables for the Wii since my friends decided to fiddle with my VGA cable and broke some pieces off of it. (Course they fixed it after I bought the cables but I think the colors look better on my HDTV through component.

More comics. I completely forgot I still had a subscription to Runaways.

Got Mad Men on a whim, having never watched. First two episodes are great so far. You can possibly guess one of the reasons I was interested in it is cause of the Whedon connection. :D

IMG_02861.jpg

marwan

Banned
Nespresso Cube for those early wake ups to work with extra strong espresso capsules(not pictured)

01072008246.jpg

another month, another mobile :)

02072008251.jpg

HP printer, scanner, fax, copier with built in wifi, ethernet, bluetooth, front USB port and a memory card reader !

02072008248.jpg

How does everyone here afford to purchase a new mobile phone every couple weeks? I really can't comprehend how they could do that.. or even why?! What do you do with the mountain of cellphones you now own?

marwan

Banned
DeadFalling said:
How does everyone here afford to purchase a new mobile phone every couple weeks? I really can't comprehend how they could do that.. or even why?! What do you do with the mountain of cellphones you now own?

i keep some and sell some(used ones of course).....mobiles phones are like underwear, you can't wear the same stinkin' one everyday!

mjc

It's the second coming of the GBA, I suppose. The games are getting cheaper (Most of them) and I personally wanted to grab them before they disappeared forever.

marwan said:
i keep some and sell some(used ones of course).....mobiles phones are like underwear, you can't wear the same stinkin' one everyday!

As crazy as it sounds, I totally agree!!! I know I have a cellphone problem but what can ya do:lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ordered something 6/12. Still hasn't arrived. #$%!@#@%@!!
And another order got lost on the shipping dock. #$%@$@%@%!!!

ShowDog

I just bought some XBOX games at Gamestop's 30% off sale:

The Thing
Hunter: The Reckoning
American McGee Presents: Scrapland
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Spider-Man 2
Max Payne
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Sonic Heroes
Panzer Dragoon Orta

All for less than $40. They're games I have wanted to play for a few years but haven't had the chance. Unfortunately, I am playing through BC on a 360, so some games run a bit glitchy or at low framerates. I wish my original XBOX hadn't broken, although the true 720p support on THPS4 and Sonic is nice, even though the latter doesn't support widescreen.

robot

Hey marwan - how's the Secret? I think it just came out on Verizon and I'm up for a new phone soon. Looks pretty slick.

DiddyBop

JPBrowncoat said:
Chrono Cross

i idnt bother reading what you posted,i just saw CC, so im not sure if this is your first time playing it,if so,you are in for one of the best rpgs ever imo. it also holds the title for best intro in a game ever, there is no opinion on that,tis a fact.

DiddyBop said:
i idnt bother reading what you posted,i just saw CC, so im not sure if this is your first time playing it,if so,you are in for one of the best rpgs ever imo. it also holds the title for best intro in a game ever, there is no opinion on that,tis a fact.
Borrowed it from a friend way back and played through it a buncha times. Really love this game. I was shocked to see it still sold brand new at Amazon and decided to pick it up. I'm with you though. One of the best RPGs I ever played.

marwan

Banned
robot said:
Hey marwan - how's the Secret? I think it just came out on Verizon and I'm up for a new phone soon. Looks pretty slick.

The phone is great and slick, the UI is excellent and are very refined, the media menu turns the screen into a a touch screen(limited functions, only media)
My biggest issue is th horrible touch direction pad, the silve button in the enter/center button, when the phone is on, the up down left right buttons appear and it's too sensative and the tip of my finger keeps hitting the up or down accidentally.
The camera is good and the video is excellent, but the Nokia N95 rules them all :)

Leshita said:
The exact same two shirts I got! :D
Awesome, aren't they? I had a bit of a dilemma choosing between the black and grey and the colored shirt on the left; def think I made the right choice.:D

Huggers

mgs1.jpg

Managed to pick up Subsistence for £25 from Game which I didn't think was too bad considering the prices its fetching online at the moment. The Complete MGS graphic novel is amazing, highly recommended

please disregard the date in the bottom corner, really should set that on my camera :lol

Top Bottom