• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Takeda Kenshi said:
Wait, wait, yes, it's official. We have confirmation. You officially fucking rock.
Hah. Yeah I got a friend that has way more records than he needs to have and he makes me take a massive amount. Going through them all is a bit of a pain but its rewarding to find music that i wouldnt have listened to otherwise turn out to be awesome.(Emerson lake and palmer) Ill try to put a couple records in each of my pick up posts.

Khalid-S

Yes Boss! said:
So the Diablo II that is up at the Blizzard Store will work on Intel Macs (my processor is the 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)? Just curious cause I want to get it but I can't tell if it will work OK.

You just need to download the new installer from Blizzard website and install your old game.

july08a.jpg

32" LG HDTV (accepts 1080p, although it scales it down... still looks awesome)
Futurama - The Beast With a Billion Backs (wicked... a return to form for Futurama)
NiGHTS (only bought it cuz it was a tenner at GAME. It's painful to play :()

Hope this isn't too big a picture. Things sort of look tiny on this screen. Hard to tell how big I should make the images I post.

Gagaman

242x3pe.jpg

And just this morning this cabinet to store a bunch of games in (AKA a rubbish excuse to show my Mega Drive/Master System collection). It's the same as the one I store all my Dreamcast games in, glad to find another. :D

e9dd1d.jpg

Yixian

Banned
Khalid-S said:
You just need to download the new installer from Blizzard website and install your old game.

Every single link to that installer on the entire fucking internet is dead.

Gully State said:
for a minute there I thought...wow that's nice looking boat house...grats on the apt btw..

Thanks, haha no it's the view from inside.

We need to fill it with furniture of course, I'm glad we found something very fast since I start my first full time job tomorrow and from the place I live now it's a looong travel. So this new appartment definitely helps.

There are two bedrooms and one is becoming the game room :D

Yes Boss!

Yixian said:
Every single link to that installer on the entire fucking internet is dead.

Except I don't have the game in any form yet and I'm looking to first time buy for my Intel Mac. Different places on the net say it is borked.

Reilly

games.jpg

Played the first couple minutes of both to make sure they worked.

VP is awesome.

SO2 is awesome, except the lame ass voice acting in the battles. -_-

Netto-kun

Android18a said:
july08a.jpg

32" LG HDTV (accepts 1080p, although it scales it down... still looks awesome)
Futurama - The Beast With a Billion Backs (wicked... a return to form for Futurama)
NiGHTS (only bought it cuz it was a tenner at GAME. It's painful to play :()

Hope this isn't too big a picture. Things sort of look tiny on this screen. Hard to tell how big I should make the images I post.
Where did you get that wallpaper from? I want too!:lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Some pickups from this weekend...

First off my daughter (she's 6) wanted me to post pictures of the stuff she got lol...

2640971235_b76d43fc1b.jpg

Some Pokemon plush and a Azumanga Daioh plushie...

2640971921_208b8cff13.jpg

A Sailor Mercury plushie (completes her collection of Sailor Moon plushes, she now has one of each of the 5 original Sailor Scouts) and a pack of trading cards...

2640969439_46f1f4de75.jpg

An AWESOME walking Pac-Man ghost, Inky... I'll post a video of him in action soon, it is SO awesome...

2641797154_61885499c6.jpg

Some freebies from the Namco guys... they loved my daughter's Katamari Damacy hat...

2641796464_732db856d4.jpg

My daughter loved watching me play Dragon Quest VIII. She still asks me to pop it in every now and then. So she got some randomly boxed DQ8 toys...

Some of my pickups (All of which I got for free X_X !)

2640968623_d8b34e54d7.jpg

2641797706_0880d92e3d.jpg

Homie at AKSYS gave my daughter this fan, but I ended up keeping it lol... promotional fan for Guilty Gear 2 Overture...

My favorite pickup from this weekend...

Persona 4 shirt... first gamers in the WORLD to get the P4 shirt were the ones at the ATLUS panel at AX... each person got 1... why do I have 2? MarkMan got some homies...
icon_cool.gif

2641796684_5b37d304d3.jpg

Back

2640968861_14274349fd.jpg

Front

Lastly, some sights from the convention itself...

2640968449_75d24cf4aa.jpg

The location test of Blaz Blue...

2641798234_161c5187e3.jpg

And this was the coolest thing I saw over the weekend lol...

Flunkie

Banned
Forgot to upload my June pics, so I just put them all into one.

I got all of these way cheaper than the prices on the price tags.

DSC01675.jpg

I was kinda on a Wii high last month. MGS4 is from three days after launch, and BF: BC is from yesterday.

DSC01677.jpg

Oh, and.. best book ever:

DSC01690.jpg

:lol

Reilly

flunkie4455 said:
Forgot to upload my June pics, so I just put them all into one.

I got all of these way cheaper than the prices on the price tags.

DSC01675.jpg
I can't believe you bought used games that don't even have their original cover. -_-

Flunkie

Banned
Reilly said:
I can't believe you bought used games that don't even have their original cover. -_-
I'm more worried about getting through the trilogy than I am getting original covers. I got all 3 Jak games for under $20 total, so I'm not going to complain about something as small as what's on the box. :)

JEKKI

thrusday went to get me dat dim sum... it was alrite...

10ck7so.jpg

11t0m51.jpg

saturday went to dat anime expo to get dat free shyt (which actually costed me price of admission + parking -_-)

2llzgiu.jpg

23tfp86.jpg

front and back!!

finally got me a new game on my way home... put dat $100 PS3 gift card to use!!

2njy3b6.jpg

whooo!!!

inner-G

Banned
Got Orange Box last week, and I was fiending for DQVIII (my friend has my copy) so I picked up a spare.

Circuit City gave me credit :lol so I had to jump on the 360. (I can price match for a month)

DCFC0243.jpg

UPDATE

System RRoD'd out of the box.

Maybe its my System Warz karma for being a PS3 fanboy :lol :lol

Anyway, CC let me exchange new one is 100%.

Wierd anomaly: System should have had HDMI, but RRoD one did not. I think an employee switched it out or something. New one has HDMI and booted up great 1st time.

Riou

MarkMan said:
Some pickups from this weekend...

Who are those 4 characters on the bags? They look like the characters from guilty gear overture but i can't be sure. I initially thought it was the 4 remaining characters in blaz blue that have yet to be shown, but yeah....

Lucis

I went to AX too, was really excited about mr harada (disgaea, etc character designer) being here. I went to his signing session twice and got a total of 4 signature at the end.

First, my most prized collector paint, it's titled "roll call". It's mainly disgaea 2, but you can see edna in front and laharl+flone at the top right corner.
This is a limited edition paint, right now only 20 exists, eventually it'll be limited at 101 copies (0-100). I got #14
By the way all the To: are in japanese きらし = kirashi in hiragana

ax_loot_001.jpg

Here's a close up look at the sig =o

ax_loot_002.jpg

I also got him to sign my copy of disgaea 3 which i got day 1 when it came out in japan.
The picture is a bit blured =(. Not using flash and try to take picture in my bedroom which don't have good lighting + tired and shaky hand wasn't a good idea i guess.

ax_loot_003.jpg

Last but not least for Mr Harada to sign, I had a t-shirt which i bought from the first (I believe that's correct) NISA booth back in 2005 AX. Back then they only had a very little square of real estate in the dealer's room, the size of the booth has definitly grown year after year. Also, after wearing this T-shirt usually once a month for 3 years, it looks like I will no longer be able to wear it anymore =(

ax_loot_004.jpg

Character designer for the new game a witch's tale is also there. She also did character design for the game "blade dancer" PSP. I have to say, the art is prob the best part of that game.

ax_loot_005.jpg

Her name is Taniel. Why would a japanese have such a name you ask? In japanese, her name is pronouced as tanieru which is like her real name, Aya Taniyama. I found this out from one of their localization staff who were also working at the booth. I got to know a few of them pretty well while waiting in line for signing sessions =)

The guy actually told me the secret project that they are working on next =o. It's gonna be a PS2 title of something that's pretty famous but NEVER made it out of japan.

I also go tthe yellow T-shirt that everyone else got during the SMT panel. So many pictures around so I won't post one.

Also about blue blaze, It was playable from a laptop during the con. The 360 you saw in the picture the guy posted earlier were for Guilty Gear 2 and Battle Fantasia.
There were 6 playable characters.

Riou said:
Who are those 4 characters on the bags? They look like the characters from guilty gear overture but i can't be sure. I initially thought it was the 4 remaining characters in blaz blue that have yet to be shown, but yeah....
They're from Guilty Gear 2: Overture

Struct09

inner-G said:
UPDATE

System RRoD'd out of the box.

Maybe its my System Warz karma for being a PS3 fanboy :lol :lol

Anyway, CC let me exchange new one is 100%.

Wierd anomaly: System should have had HDMI, but RRoD one did not. I think an employee switched it out or something. New one has HDMI and booted up great 1st time.

Sounds like someone bought the new 360, put their old broken one in the box, and returned it. All 360's have had HDMI for quite some time now.

inner-G

Banned
Struct09 said:
Sounds like someone bought the new 360, put their old broken one in the box, and returned it. All 360's have had HDMI for quite some time now.
That's what I thought, it had the new 'go pro' box, and had HDMI details on the box, though it said no HDMI cable was included. It came with the components.

I called my friend Lurch who had had a 360 RRoD, and he said all the newer ones had HDMI, and not to fuck around with 1800 MY XBOX. I took it back to CC and bitched and they brought up a new one.

Loving Lost Odyssey though, and going to pick up Blue Dragon tomorrow! ^_^

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I'm disappointed that I didn't get anything as good as the other gaffers who went to the Anime Expo, there is always something that I miss :(

All I got was 3 signed pieces of Udon artwork :D

Will post soon.

dammit, I just realized that I forgot to pick up one of my pieces from the Udon stand :(

MarkMan said:

Also, is that a PS3 I see at the very end of the pic to the left?

Lucis

zoku88 said:
I'm gonna get my hopes up and say it's Sakura Taisen ^^

oh what the heck i just gogled and looks like NISA already said that they are "interested in bringing over sakura taisen", well they are doing it, it's ST5

zoku88

Kirashi said:
oh what the heck i just gogled and looks like NISA already said that they are "interested in bringing over sakura taisen", well they are doing it, it's ST5
:D :D :D :D

too bad it's 5, and not one of the earlier ones. BUT I WILL BUY!!

We prolly shouldn't talk about it outside this thread, though, huh?

Lucis

zoku88 said:
:D :D :D :D

too bad it's 5, and not one of the earlier ones. BUT I WILL BUY!!

We prolly shouldn't talk about it outside this thread, though, huh?

ya... I always worry about bringing some kind of rumors to gaf. Because some times it will get some people in real deep trouble. Last time I did the whole Diablo 3 fiasco was because there was no one that would believe me... Maybe this time people will? o.o and I'd rather have people not believe me so they won't spread this "rumor" lol

neojubei said:
Who is that guy in the middle of those two black guys?

Was just another attendee, those guys were playing battle fantasia.

g35twinturbo said:
Also, is that a PS3 I see at the very end of the pic to the left?

That was an amp for the microphone.

Also got this from AX:

2645783158_fc0e98008a_o.jpg

Yay, Magnet Clip.

Cdammen

ibFVPfAXq.jpg

...and Diablo II - Lord of Destruction through Blizzard's Online Store. I don't think I'll be buying any console game this month.

Congratulations Outtrigger888! :D

Top Bottom