• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Desi

Gagaman said:
And just this morning this cabinet to store a bunch of games in (AKA a rubbish excuse to show my Mega Drive/Master System collection). It's the same as the one I store all my Dreamcast games in, glad to find another. :D

e9dd1d.jpg
So where did you get that cabinet from?

Cuu

First contribution to one of these threads, heh:

992iye.jpg

Metal Gear Solid Essentials (Don't even have a PS2 yet, but I've got one coming from a friend).
Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
Sennheiser PX-100W.

(MGS 1 spoiler, maybe)
The "BACK OF THE CD CASE" for Metal Gear Solid is now the outside box. Oh well.

AX 2008 Pick-Up:

IMG_1245.jpg

Close-up of Old Snake (In Box):
IMG_1246.jpg

Close-up of Gurren Lagann Special Edition:
IMG_1247.jpg

Deviantart Commission (45 min. sketch, no references):
IMG_1250.jpg

Poster print from Deviantartist:
IMG_1252.jpg

Close-up of my pride & joy... (Totoro doll included)
IMG_1253.jpg

Full Shot of poster (still lacks Novery's sig...):
IMG_1254.jpg

I also got to play BlazBlue (I used Jin) - lots of fun and definitely digging the steampunk design for the game & Soul Calibur 4 (used Siegfried) - good fun and looking forward to playing soon.

This factors in mid-June 'til now. I totally forgot to include MGS4, which I just picked up a week or so ago. I was in no rush to buy it, but I grabbed it cheap from a guy who didn't want it after buying the 80GB bundle.

To be honest, I've only played the first little section of it, only up to the proper 'Act I' screen. It didn't capture me enough right away to pull me away from Oblivion, but I'll get to it.

games1.jpg

games2.jpg

Other than buying my PS3 and buying Smash, I'd say this is easily my favorite month's worth of purchases all year...more than enough to keep me busy for months.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Congratulations Outtrigger888! NeoGAF DADs unite!

I'm sad cuz I missed out on getting to meet Hayter ;(

lherre

Accurate
Metal slug 5 aes - Pack konamistyle Castlevania Chronicles

dsc01955pv2.jpg

JAP LE MGS4

dsc01956rl1.jpg

Premium packs Zone of Enders 2

dsc01957xe2.jpg

Premium pack MGS1

dsc01958zg8.jpg

Artbook Odin Sphere

dsc01959cr8.jpg

Poster zoe 2

dsc01960zf3.jpg

Mod saturn

dsc01954ky5.jpg

mgs2 sol and subsistance, mgs3 t-shirt y bso mgs2 y 3

dsc01951vy9.jpg

New xbox panzer dragon orta limited edition

dsc01952li8.jpg

And I haven't pics yes of:

- LE MGS4 PAL

- SSBB

- Dragon ball z 2 V (ps2, vjump version)

- Mgs2 and 3 stockholder edition

Gagaman

lherre said:
Mod saturn

dsc01954ky5.jpg
OM NOM NOM NOM

WANT.

Desi said:
So where did you get that cabinet from?
Car boot sale. Wish I knew who made them so I could find the whole range. I have two of them now.

Speaking of car boot sales, hit another Mega Drive horde this morning:

16ghmc0.jpg

The guy selling them had about 50 games in a box, picked out this lot. Some real gems in there: Flink, Ranger-X, Sub Terrania, Battletoads. Sadly I can't seem to get Clay Fighter to work though, considering they are all in very good condition. Oh well.

g35twinturbo said:
everyone always get more stuff then I when they go :(

what is in the MGS3 sleeve?

also, where/when was David Hayter there?

The MGS3 book is just the guide book for MGS3, Snake vs. Monkey, MG, & MG2. The Ac!d2 sleeve contains the guide book & another book for the complete listing of cards in the game (also contains an exclusive card).

David Hayter was actually at AX for Opening Ceremonies (didn't attend - sleep was more important) but he was officially there on July 4th (day of the panel - got a pic with him), 5th (got the autograph on that day), & 6th (open session - didn't attend).

lherre

Accurate
Thanks for the comments.

My first panzer dragon was sold in 460 euros in a spanish forum. (not 600). This new machine costs me a bit more, but just a bit.

The saturn has as you can see stereo and super video outputs and the button and led is to put backups in it. I have to "learn" how to use it, I have a letter wroted in japanese with the instructions :lol

I bought 3 Odin sphere artbooks for me and 2 friends (like the mgs4 le). I bought in yahoo,

img0050eq9.jpg

Two Sony MDR-DS7000 7.1 Wireless headphones and one Pioneer SE-DRS3000C Wireless headphones as well. Both work via 2.4Ghz wireless band, so no line of sight required as per previous IR headphones.

SANY0043.jpg

In its semi-permanent place at home. The other two MDR-DS7000 was bought for friends.

Chose the Pioneer over the Sony after auditioning them at Yodobashi Umeda. MGS4 sounds phenomenal on these cans. Only the Pioneer is Dolby Headphone certified, the Sony is using VirtualPhone Technology (VPT). The Sony is the same headphones as the 30 MGS4-branded 'phones given away for those who got their "Steel Hagane" PS3 bundle from Konamistyle Japan.

wotter

Had to go to three stores before I found one, seems like most of them want to get rid of the Sixaxis first...
And I must say: feels better than the Sixaxis.

HPIM2482.jpg

ymmv

Banned
I've been away for exactly one month. I still don't really understand the rationale behind the surprise ban, but oh well ... let's try again. Because of the time out I'll show my stash from the past two months. Metal Gear fever hit me pretty hard so let's start with that...

metalgear.jpg

I got some older stuff too...

ps2gamecube.jpg

Because of the MGS guides, I wanted more...

guides.jpg

I bought a few 'stripverhalen' ...

strips.jpg

... plus a couple of CD, Blu-Rays and books...

booksmovies.jpg

ymmv said:
I've been away for exactly one month. I still don't really understand the rationale behind the surprise ban, but oh well ... let's try again.

Anyting negative relating to the Wii, not posted by Amir0x, will result in bans. Best to shut up about the console entirely.

Xamdou

Finally gave in and bought the PS3 MGS4 bundle along with GT5 Prologue and Shoot Em Up Blu ray.

PS3Pickups.jpg

Also picked up the Gurren Lagann 01 Special Edition! :D

GurreLagannSpecialEdtion01.jpg

I just picked up Rock BAnd for the 360 and 2 1600 point cards for songs.

Good lord is this fun, but GOOD GOD is drumming hard! I have no rythm.....

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Outcast2004 said:
I just picked up Rock BAnd for the 360 and 2 1600 point cards for songs.

Good lord is this fun, but GOOD GOD is drumming hard! I have no rythm.....

Yeah I got to play RB over the weekend for july 4th or w/e and had a blast. went out and got it for my PS3 w/ xtra guitar. Took a while to warm up to the drums but is def more fun than the guitars after killing guitar hero for so long..

Top Bottom