• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
A note for all Canadian Gaffers...Chapters is having a 4 for 3 sale:
moarcomics.jpg

And I was sober this time!

Parks

Banned
WORLDWIDEWII said:
What? a pair of ear buds cost more than a psp?

They are one of the best pairs of in-ear headphones you can buy. Each bud has 2 woofers and a tweeter inside.

The sound that comes out them is amazing. It's like having a concert hall inside your skull:lol

Metal Gear made me do it.
x4jhv7.jpg

2ywwgzk.jpg

I bought a couple more things but I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver them. Probably won't be here until next month.

YYZ

You buy three books and get the fourth for free (the free book is the cheapest of the four). I don't see any big promotion on their website so I'm not sure if it's online.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
n8NMONSTER said:
Its by the same guys that made 2210, so its five years (or five epochs in this case). And then you have gods as leaders each with their own bonuses in play.

Instead of a moon, it has a heaven and the underworld. Armies that die on earth go to heaven as reserves to attack territories in the underworld. You can fight over crypts that allow armies to come back to earth at temples you control, or altars that give bonuses to Godswars. Armies that die in the underworld go back to your regular reserves.

Whenever gods clash in battle, a Godswar must first happen where you would roll three die each and sum the totals of the die numbers along with the number of armies of the attacking and defending territories (ie, roll a 3+4+5, w/ 4 armies = 16 total score). Winning a Godswar kills a god that was on the line, thus killing the ability to use any cards for that god.

If you have a God of Death out and it kills an army, they go straight back to their reserve, preventing your enemy from building up reserves for heaven. Or using a God of Sky lets you use an additional die for any Godswars it participates in. God of War lets you win any ties, and God of Magic lets you re-roll any 1's (again only if the god is participating).

There are also now plagues. Similar to the nukes in 2210, theyre placed on certain spots of the map. Theyre main difference is that armies can occupy these spots, but half of any invading armies that move into it are automatically killed. With that in mind, a single army could probably hold a plagued territory indefinitely.

But yea, pretty cool stuff. Theres even a chance to sink Atlantis, sending all armies on that continent straight to heaven.
My friends and I bought this today, took about 3 hours to set everything up and begin our first turn, we played 1 turn then stopped, we'll pick it up tomorrow.

It's so much more confusing than regular Risk. :lol

NameGenerated said:
My friends and I bought this today, took about 3 hours to set everything up and begin our first turn, we played 1 turn then stopped, we'll pick it up tomorrow.

It's so much more confusing than regular Risk. :lol

Hahaha, I think our first game took about 5 hours. Hope you have fun with it.

Speakin of that, my friends and I actually just finished a game of classic mission risk. lol.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Taking things easy since my PS3 purchase.

28rmdea.jpg

fky0hv.jpg

2h84gaw.jpg

Just waiting for the GBA Micro to arrive sometime this week too.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Doc Evils said:
Got this from Japan:

http://i30.tinypic.com/2mffdad.jpg[/

[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/2pzcwh2.jpg[/I][/QUOTE]

Hey docevils, did those posters come from the magazines?

Pezking

Whew...by far the most expensive month of the year so far:

2hppsaa.jpg

Metal Gear Month

2d9zdi.jpg

Lego Indy + Keychain

ouuxao.jpg

DualShock3

jgpkli.jpg

Kallen Stadtfeld (Code Geass)

And finally, this should be in the mail in a few days :D :
rjnmti.jpg

Poster, 84x60cm, signed by Kojima, Shinkawa and Kikuchi

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
JEKKI said:
I really hope you dont wear those...

do u kno how much money coca cola spends for you to see their logo like 100 times a day???

you really dont needa help their cause... especially if you arent making any money off of it.

like right now even as I quote your image I feel like a tool having to help them.

like I'm part of the problem now.... such a hypocrite I am.

lol... no animosity towards u tho... I'm jus saying... :D :D :D

Its no different than wearing a video game t-shirt.

untoldhero said:
Does anyone know where I can get the sexy MGS4 t-shirts in Aus. It's killin me. I can't even really import them from anywhere.

IMG_001.jpg

eBay my friend! Contacted a seller and struck a deal with him. Because he lived near a store I got the 3 t-shirts I wanted in the size I wanted for AU$80 including shipping. Great tees, fits so well! :D

IMG_002.jpg

Got it on launch. Ordered the US limited edition, but couldn't wait...

IMG_003.jpg

A big 'fuck you' to Gamestop.com for dicking me around. I preordered it, but 5 days after release I emailed them because it hadn't shipped. They're response was that they were unable to process to my credit card and that emailed me to inform me of it -- which somehow I did not receive. Told them where to go and got it from eBay instead. Keeping this puppy sealed.

IMG_004.jpg

Popcorn Hour media player. One of the best investments I've made. Going to pick a HDD for it sometime this week.

JEKKI

Router said:
Its no different than wearing a video game t-shirt.
u serious??? -_- it's actually very different,

gaming industry is a very different industry than coca cola,

as gamers it's something we love and something we want to share about with other people so we're a lot more motivated to spread that sentiment without remorse.

It can be with friends or with organized groups and events.

we can look at sales figures every week or so and be like "wtf Boom Blox only 30K?" but we're never gonna be like "oh no! coca cola sales are down! they must not be force feeding us advertising enough!!"

game marketers put a lot of love and energy into the games they make.... or some of them do. If they want us to play their games, and we do and enjoy it, then we want others to play it as well so we can share a similar experience. With coke it's been the exact same product for years and we're constantly being reminded that we still need this product. It wont offer us a fresh experience but it doesnt matter becoz they'll find a way for us to consume it over and over again.

if game marketing were comparable to soft drinks, then all of you would still be at the arcade playing Street Fighter II. That's not tru tho so it's up to me to rock a street fighter shirt to remind you about how awesome this game is becoz the advertising budget capcom has for this game is nothing compared to coke's.

lol, something like that i guess.... so off topic :D

angelfly

I'm a bit late in posting my June pick ups:

6ep7gn.jpg

Not pictured:

New inverter and ccfl for my thinkpad
New ipod battery for my old 4g 40gb

DiddyBop

angelfly said:
I'm a bit late in posting my June pick ups:

6ep7gn.jpg

Not pictured:

New inverter and ccfl for my thinkpad
New ipod battery for my old 4g 40gb
you sir, win the pickup of the month. ouendan games are the games of the forever. i still play maybe once a week and ive had the games for months, still as fun as the first day i got them.

.hacked

img_2569597.jpg

Saw the green one posted earlier and I just had to get one. Only $20 at the Sony store (must have been on clearance or something).

img_2572162.jpg

img_2574582.jpg

Blurays tomorrow :D

Kuran

Banned
This is a new artbook by Kazuma Kaneko, Atlus' character designer.. this one is specifically about SMT: Nocturne, but also has a few bits on the remakes of the original Super Famicom Megaten games. Gorgeous!

PS. I hope nobody minds the big pictures.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Otheradam

Kuran said:
This is a new artbook by Kazuma Kaneko, Atlus' character designer.. this one is specifically about SMT: Nocturne, but also has a few bits on the remakes of the original Super Famicom Megaten games. Gorgeous!

PS. I hope nobody minds the big pictures.

Where can I get this??

LiK

Kuran said:

awesome, thanks for the heads up. i'm gonna pick up a copy as well. i love the nocturne art. :D

4fuc0k.jpg

Got this today, another gift from me brother - got it for free xD Whole pack of 12 cans, pretty decent seeming how there more than a £1 each normally. Shame it was the normal kind of Relentless but still I like the fruit version.

arena08

Alpha_eX said:
Those Sony Mini Drives are awesome, a bit slow with writing but still great, i've had mine for nearly 2 years. One cool feature, it's water proof, mines been in the washing machine at least 5 times, still works!

I got this in the post the other day, colors look washed out because of my camera. Was only £2 which is about $4.

zelda_poster.jpg

Where did you get this?

Gav

Got a payrise last month, so i went on a bit of a spree to celebrate...!

Apart from a load of clothes:

dscf1593774.jpg

New Bike

dscf1594880.jpg

Mario Kart Wii
Wii Fit
Red DS Lite
Wii Nunchuck
BluRays - [Rec], Rambo, Cloverfield
Lego Indiana Jones DS
CDs - AvB-Imagine, Ed Rec III, Fabriclive 40-Noisia, Mixmag CD-AvB
Wallet & Sunglasses

dscf1597976.jpg

Got this just before this month, but, a ticket for Global Gathering

I spent far too much :(

Tokubetsu

.hacked said:
img_2569597.jpg

Saw the green one posted earlier and I just had to get one. Only $20 at the Sony store (must have been on clearance or something).

img_2572162.jpg

img_2574582.jpg

Blurays tomorrow :D

Hahah Devilam. Such a terrible movie. The cgi was pretty cool though and its fun to watch for shits and giggles.

Top Bottom