• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

I hate all of you bastards with the Pokemon crap.

I haven't played a pokemon since Red and yall are making me want a damn DS so I can play these new ones.

MidnightRider said:
I hate all of you bastards with the Pokemon crap.

I haven't played a pokemon since Red and yall are making me want a damn DS so I can play these new ones.
I was just like you luckily I owned a ds and I'll say the gameplay of pokemon is still solid and stands the test of time so far.

DeVeAn

Kagari said:
Closed on this today:

hm.jpg
Where is this at? I been thinking of moving myself. I am tired of so cal.

vid said:
03-25-2010-09.jpg

Great month of pick-ups for me, but it's pretty hard to top the SNES and games in terms of sheer surprise value. I wish EVERY house call went that well!

Awesome pickup. Are you going to keep the games or put them up on eBay?

eXistor

The Dutch Slayer said:
Hey is that the TGWTG DVD? can you tell me if its worth it once you have seen it?
ow and btw is there a threat for the website on GAF?
I've seen most of it of it now and it's okay. All the videos except for a few new ones are on his website and the image quality isn't that great. You shouldn't get it for the Nostalgia Critic episodes. Because of copyrights he couldn't put any of the normal episodes on the disc. The ones that are on there are just the episodes that didn't include any movie footage in the first place, the one exception being Ramage (which is a new and hilarious video, one of his best imo).

The rest of the disc is just random Ask That Guy episodes and Bum Reviews. Honestly, unless you want to support the website (which is why I got the dvd), you're better off just checking them online.

And yes, there's already a thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357880

@Kagari: that's an amazing looking house, it has a subtle westerny look. Congrats!

Le-mo said:
Is there English menu/subtitle?
The asian verison has (which I presume is the one he got)

eXistor said:
I've seen most of it of it now and it's okay. All the videos except for a few new ones are on his website and the image quality isn't that great. You shouldn't get it for the Nostalgia Critic episodes. Because of copyrights he couldn't put any of the normal episodes on the disc. The ones that are on there are just the episodes that didn't include any movie footage in the first place, the one exception being Ramage (which is a new and hilarious video, one of his best imo).

The rest of the disc is just random Ask That Guy episodes and Bum Reviews. Honestly, unless you want to support the website (which is why I got the dvd), you're better off just checking them online.

And yes, there's already a thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357880
Thanks for the info!, I want to support them but I think I'll stick to the website for now.

Spookie

kazuma_pt said:
you're missing uncharted 1, killzone 2, demon's souls and mgs4 :)
anyway, good taste:D

Completed Uncharted- loved it, Killzone 2 I'll borrow off a mate, Demon' Souls isn't out in the UK and MGS4 in my opinion was more of a slide show than Heavy Rain.

vid

Clockblockers said:
Awesome pickup. Are you going to keep the games or put them up on eBay?

Holding onto them for my own collection, although I might give away some of the Mario titles at some point, since I already own all of those. Definitely love these too much to take them to eBay, though.

Ciccio_Drink said:
seriously amazing... wish I had your talent... :-(

I have many gundam which I'll construct soon...

ohhh my pick up of the month-year-life:

an 8-month-to-come first time son/daughter!!!! :D :D

congrats, have you started a list of possible names?

eXistor

Le-mo said:
I checked Playasia and it only lists Japanese as the language.
You know what? I've checked around the internet a bit and it turns out that the Asian version (which was confirmed English) is NOT English. So that's about $70 wasted on my part. Goddammit, I want this game more than any other game released this year (seriously) but the Gods are not smiling favorably on us lowly Europeans.

cory

Banned
78788366-25682647af9326ac7e82ea05a5348a8b.4babf604-scaled.jpg

Got it from the Gold Box deal on Amazon on Monday.
Disappointed to find out that there aren't any characters to unlock.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
My wheels arrived today, yay.

I picked up 4 Konig Twilites 17x7 and 4 Toyo Proxies 4 215/45ZR/17 for my Civic.

11skr50.jpg

I'm going to mount them tomorrow after giving the car a little wash.

Here's a before with my 14" steelies rocking some winter tires.
260d82b.jpg

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Was greeted with some NSF charges on my bank account when my internet was fixed, and it makes me wonder where the hell my check is, otherwise these came in today:
HNI_0024.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
Veritigo_X said:
Yeah they only pressed a ridiculous low number of them. Thanks to twitter I found out when the pre order started a jumped on in. They pressed something like 2,000 on white vinyl, 300 red, 300 black and white marble, and 100 gold. I got the white one :lol

Eh, I found a copy on Amazon for a "reasonable" price. Hopefully they didn't screw up and mislabel it and I end up being sent a CD copy because I'll raise hell. *crosses fingers*

Magnus

Got my Suiko-addiction again, and had to track down all the games I sold a few years ago. Getting these all back over the last day or two for less than $20 total kind of owned. :p Gotta love work connections. :D

atu4nt.jpg

Le-mo

eXistor said:
You know what? I've checked around the internet a bit and it turns out that the Asian version (which was confirmed English) is NOT English. So that's about $70 wasted on my part. Goddammit, I want this game more than any other game released this year (seriously) but the Gods are not smiling favorably on us lowly Europeans.
Oh, man. Good thing I didn't bite. :O You can always ebay your copy. :D

It certainly has been an eventful March.

Also rounded up some more of my Bruce Campbell collection and finally picked up Soul Reaver for 5 euros :D

march.jpg

InfiniteNine said:
Was greeted with some NSF charges on my bank account when my internet was fixed, and it makes me wonder where the hell my check is, otherwise these came in today:
HNI_0024.jpg

I keep meaning to pick up a DC VGA box. Is there anything that converts to HDMI yet, or is this still the thing to get?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
megashock5 said:
I keep meaning to pick up a DC VGA box. Is there anything that converts to HDMI yet, or is this still the thing to get?
It's still the thing to get, but the picture is crystal clear! You won't be disappointed with it, and I deem it a worthy investment since it made my games look awesome! Now only if my VMU would get here already so I can invest my time on something besides Chu Chu Rocket. :lol

Verapamil

Banned
Ciccio_Drink said:
ehmm, you mean arguing about them, right?

Well, yes, we did start :lol

btw THX :)

With our second, we started with an excel spreadsheet of about 200 girls' names and kept sending it back and forth with trimmed names until we got under about 12.

Good times. Good times.

Top Bottom