• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

05032010230.jpg

Plastic Beach is fantastic :D

I <3 Gorillaz

hipgnosis

aooze8.jpg

Finally received Espgaluda 2, can't wait to try it when I get home. Picked up the drumpad also and I gotta say it is pretty damn good, one of the sharpest d-pads I've ever tried.

And finally the PAL English version of the Samurai Shodown Anthology, pretty damn hard to find these days, got lucky with my local Gamestop.

Confusatron said:
And I will be spending the rest of my night listening to Loveless now.

Saw them in concert in Seattle last year, great show. I thought my ear plugs weren't working, so I took them out. Nope, turns out they were working just fine. MBV is just that loud.
<3

thetechkid said:
Finally found a clean, working, and functional wave bird at my gamestop for $10
2cp6n4k.jpg

Good Find! I always check a Gamestop for these when I go in because they are criminally low at that store. I'm surprised they haven't figured out the true value of these yet as they are aware of other items that are rare like Tetris DS.

joelseph

moop2000 said:
Good Find! I always check a Gamestop for these when I go in because they are criminally low at that store. I'm surprised they haven't figured out the true value of these yet as they are aware of other items that are rare like Tetris DS.

Ghetto K-marts always seem to have a few of the wavebird/marioparty pack-ins laying around..

elohel

are the alternatives to official controllers getting a lot better?

i see a lot of people picking up other brands n stuff

which companies are near the top?

isny

napkin dispenser
Man this month is going to be expensive...

Last month was already expensive enough with the $500 cobalt flux...lol

marchpickup1.jpg

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
2regzmx.jpg

Actually picked up Heavy Rain on launch (late Feb.), but my Windows 7 disc just came in and I didn't want it to be a super sparse pic.

What's up with the new look for Kix? Trying to push it as a "healthy" kids cereal, I guess. :lol

ExMachina said:
2regzmx.jpg

Actually picked up Heavy Rain on launch (late Feb.), but my Windows 7 disc just came in and I didn't want it to be a super sparse pic.

What's up with the new look for Kix? Trying to push it as a "healthy" kids cereal, I guess. :lol
I know no kid who fell for those commercial, Kix is poo poo.

isny

napkin dispenser
OMG Aero said:
What is that game like? Is it actually a good port of the games unlike the one on GBA?

So far the port is flawless.

It also allows you to save anywhere.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Kinda stretching what can be considered a pickup, but...

mms_picture.jpg

First Rock Band Network song I've authored went up for sale! So of course I got a copy for myself.

My actual last post this month bid'ness cards!
4mq.jpg

If anyone is thinking of making cards I got some 15% off coupons, message me and one is yours.

ngower

4410108454_58fb3e2622_b.jpg

Back:

Abba - "The Album"
General Public - "All The Rage"
Benny Goodman - "Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert Vol 1 & 2"
Various Artists - "The Big Chill Original Motion Picture Soundtrack"

Front:

Geroge Gershwin - "An American In Paris"
Various Artists - "The New Sounds of Country"
Andre Kostelanetz - "Carnival Tropicana"
Various Artists - "Cabaret Original 1966 Broadway Cast Recording"
Sly and the Family Stone - "There's A Riot Goin' On"
Cameron Dragon - "Over The Waves"

Most are in good condition, bought them for about $12 total, give or take. All used, but the Abba, Goodman, and Dragon records all still had shrink wrap on them, albeit torn in areas.

I nearly had a heart attack when I found the General Public record for $1.50!

I've been lurking on NeoGaf forever and the monthly pick-up thread has always been my favorite. So, it makes sense that my first post here NeoGaf post is on this thread. Anyway, here is my only pick up so far in March.

SPCover.jpg

This is the cover of the new Freeway and Jake One Album. Instead of going with a regular Jewel Case, they went with a collectible wallet.

SPInside.jpg

When you take the front strap off, the outside of the cover becomes large currency with the artists on it, and the inside wallet is revealed.

SPWallet.jpg

Inside is a wallet, the CD itself, a "credit card" containing the download link for the instrumental version of the album and the money that goes in the wallet.

Plus it's a good album. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
ExMachina said:
2regzmx.jpg

Most of the General Mills boxes (I've seen Trix, Lucky Charms, and Cheerios) lately have been "retro" boxes, so that may be what is going on there.

wow.. another packaging fail for the 360... that's every multi-disc rpg to date packaged like crap.

I thought it was just microsoft published games.. but obviously not :lol

moop2000 said:
You know what can fix that? The PS3 version. I'm sorry I had to say it.

Well, I probably will be getting this for the PS3 when I get around to picking it up, but there's no excuse for this packaging. I bought Blue Dragon and exchanged it a couple of times because the discs were always too scratched up by this packaging before I just said fuck it and got my money back.

rainking187 said:
Well, I probably will be getting this for the PS3 when I get around to picking it up, but there's no excuse for this packaging. I bought Blue Dragon and exchanged it a couple of times because the discs were always too scratched up by this packaging before I just said fuck it and got my money back.

Yeah, I do agree this packaging is shit. I'm just lucky enough that I have both consoles so the choice is easy for me.

Danielsan

rainking187 said:
Blue Dragon was one thing.
Lost Odyssey took it a step further.
One disc in a paper sleeve. Like what the fuck?
Cheapskates.

Top Bottom