• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Struct09 said:
334stmw.jpg
I love this box.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Yes Boss! said:
Huh? That is what makes it special.
And what makes it look like crap among all the white boxes next to it on the shelf. On a related note I recall lots of people here dislike the platinum 360 cases and red PS3 cases.

Struct09

Jive Turkey said:
So the case is actually red? Guess I have to order an extra white case from Nintendo.

I don't think a white case will do you much good, the spine of the art is all red too :p

It makes it look like my Wii collection has a pimple. I guess it's finally reaching adolescence.

Gameboy415

Got some interesting new stuff last week:

Games:
0911Games1.jpg

プロジェクトハッカー覚醒 (Project Hacker) for JP DS - JP only adventure game from Nintendo
ティンクルスタースプライツ (Twinkle Star Sprites) for JP PS2 - VERY fun SNK versus shooter
まわしてつなげるTouch Panic for JP DS - JP only puzzle game from Nintendo
高速カードバトル:カードヒーロー (Card Hero) for JP DS - JP only card battle game from Nintendo

Books:
0911Manga1.jpg

Slime Mori Mori #4 - I *think* it's the last book in the series. Very funny!
I am Wario!! #2 - Found it used, FINALLY.
Super Mario 4Koma Manga Theater - VERY old (from 1991!) and has lots of great classic Mario artwork!

DVDs:
0911DVD.jpg

UH3+ - Utada Hikaru's 3rd music video collection. Only 500円!
TMNT 2 - Turtles 2 for only 500円!
TMNT 3 - Also only 500円. Gonna watch these with my girlfriend with JP subs. :D

whitehawk said:
I don't know why the case is red, but I like it.. It makes me want to buy it :lol
thats why it's red, anthropology side of things red is the color of ripe fruit there for you want it. Very clever Nintendo.

b.e.r.g

TofuEater said:
Yay big pick up for me this month

http://i34.tinypic.com/r2no61.jpg
500D love <3, my first DSLR, taken with crappy phone camera
[/QUOTE]
Woot! Awesome camera :) Welcome to the DSLR family!

SlickVic

mk8183.jpg

MW2 was a bit of a "offer too good to refuse" purchase. Didn't want to fork over $60 for a PC game but between that $20 Amazon promo, ECA discount, game credit I racked up from past orders, game just became too cheap for me to hold off. Oh well. I haven't been hating IWNet as much as I thought would so I've been able to just enjoy the game.

Just finished Uncharted 2 yesterday and loved the campaign (first game I played where it truly felt like I was playing an action movie). Will have to wait on Rock Band 2 until I can find a way to lug my old X-plorer guitar from school to home without it breaking in my check-in bag. :lol Just saw it was $20 on Amazon and snagged it.

Jive Turkey said:
And what makes it look like crap among all the white boxes next to it on the shelf. On a related note I recall lots of people here dislike the platinum 360 cases and red PS3 cases.

I do dislike the red PS3 cases, but for some reason I think it looks good for Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

ibu

Haven't posted here in a while, as such I have some more games I will need to post up from October. But now its Novembers purchases and I have...so far some more coming in the post.

27xkykx.jpg

The manual for this is so shitty. Spunk all your money on marketing and reducing the initial cost Activision?

6glaxg.jpg

more to come...

Yes Boss! said:
Huh? That is what makes it special.

The Red NSMB case actually makes it look like those famicom carts that were always so multi-colored in japan. Seeing collections of Famicom Carts on a shelf on their sides is like a rainbow of videogames. :lol I hope nintendo keeps making oddly colored Wii cases.

Frawdder

I can participate in this thread again after picking up one of these
29ata1d.jpg

Also got my hands on the stereo box
14vi70i.jpg

And some Blu-rays
oa5f0h.jpg

LazyLoki

IMG00007-20091112-1438.jpg

So much for the first half of November.

1 a light blue tie
2 "Roots to Grow" by Stefanie Heinzmann
3 Final Fantasy IV (finally)
4 Cormyr: Tearing of the Weave. Now i only need Monsters of Faerun to complete my 3.0/3.5 Forgotten Realms Collection
5 a writing case
6 The Folklore of Discworld by Terry Pratchett
7 Nation by Terry Pratchett
8 Speedport W701V WLAN router
9 Speedport W700V WLAN router (bought by mistake, damn ebay!)
10 Dragon Tiger Gate starring Donnie Yen
11 Borderlands (already lvl 50, "3rd" playtrough)
12 Yamakasi 2. A movie about french free-runners
13 a CMOS battery. FOUR F'ING EUROS!

Fuck unemployment, stimulate the economy :D

glaurung

Pezking said:
Got a shitload of games over the last couple of weeks, along with some stuff for the dog we're getting tomorrow:

Leave it like this, I wanna see the dog sleeping on top of that pile.

Otherwise, nothing but pure win in that picture.

jRPG

dy8y01.jpg

2wq79ua.jpg

kbuihg.jpg

My PS3 Slim finally arrived! Looking forward more to Valkyria Chronicles than the PS3 in general, but at least now I will be ready when White Knight Chronicles finally releases! Also picked up tickets for the UK leg of Lady Gaga's tour, Stephen King's new book (which has a slightly different cover from the US version judging from the images people have posted of it in this thread), Lucky Star vol. 2 (this was delayed too much -.-;;), Darker Than Black 3&4, Dragon Age Origins for the PC and the hardback collectors edition of the guide, and my typical magazine haul, with the addition of the Official UK Playstation magazine.

LRB1983

Banned
My mid-november pick-up after that one:
Wow what is this o_O
9IEp4.jpg

let's see:
RHAkU.jpg

o my... finally!!!
Sbxcr.jpg

I got some Toriyama love:
mrMLD.jpg

Dragon Ball LandMark (catalan version) I'd got spanish version last month...
Dragon Ball Forever
Dr. Slump Ultimate Edtion Number 1
Two GF gifts:
qDmMF.jpg

uDOuS.jpg

BB Figure and BB Visual Art Book
and the videogame one (my first game with new ps3 box style)
HvoLw.jpg

Dragon Ball Raging Blast
:D

OMG Aero

Pezking said:
Got a shitload of games over the last couple of weeks, along with some stuff for the dog we're getting tomorrow:
I hear that dogs are quite good at FPS games. You shouldn't have gotten it the Borderlands strategy guide.

LRB1983

Banned
tass0 said:
sexy sexy sexy

how's the game bro?
Well I hope you don't expect a Tekken 6 (graphics, quality, etc...) game because if you do, you will get highly disappointed. After that, I think is a good Dragon Ball game but limited compared with Dragon Ball Z budokai 3 or Dragon Ball Tenkaichi 3.

I'm used to Budokai style but Raging Blast is very superior to shitty Burst Limit (not a hard thing XD). If you're Dragon Ball cold turke then get it, if not... wait for DLC or any sequel.

----- Excessive Clipping, bad OST, Bad camera, bad powerattack animations compared with PS2 Budokai 3, few stages, some imho important characters lack, some robotic animations.

+++ Awesome character design and beautiful stages, 60 fps, decent story mode, good online mode, Not clone character and highly customizable , a lot of game modes, japanese voices (Euro Version for sure, I don't know for US), some fightings have characteristic features.

So quick question.

How/Why exactly did everyone know to go ahead and pick up that King book?

Is there a book crew thread around here or something?

Yes Boss! said:
Nintendo and Atlus! They still both do beautiful stuff.
Oh cuz I was talking in the sense of who needs one we all know how an FPS works, and they teach you in the game pretty much all the time.

nyprimus2

MidnightRider said:
So quick question.

How/Why exactly did everyone know to go ahead and pick up that King book?

Is there a book crew thread around here or something?
Stephen King is one of if not the most popular living author in the world. And his new book came out two days ago.

Yes Boss!

I'm in week two of a thirteen-week run challenge along my brother. The goal is to be able to run a 10K at the end so I've gotten some shoes to help me along. First time I've ever bought a pair of running shoes in my thirty-five years but I chose something super bright and colorful.

P1020916.jpg

Bii

tass0 said:
dunno if this counts but whatever

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1938/dsc01683x.jpg

hugging his older brother

Awww... :)

My recent pick-ups. Pictures have a slight blue tint. Forgot to turn off my aquarium lights and now I'm too lazy to retake the pictures.

4099004341_713c7d439c_o.jpg

Monsters, Inc. Blu-Ray. $17.
Up. Blu-Ray. $14.
Got these two Blus from Amazon's deal. I haven't seen Monster's, Inc. in a while and Up was a great tear-jerker when I saw it in the movie theater. Actually, I didn't cry. Some dust got caught in my eye...

4099760716_40c99ecb48_o.jpg

Yellowstone: Battle for Life. Blu-Ray. $14.
The Killers - Live From Royal Albert Hall. Blu-Ray. $17.
Only saw the first episode of Yellowstone but damn, it's so beautiful. Best part so far is the fox snow diving. :lol
I haven't watched The Killers Blu-Ray yet but I'm definitely playing it this weekend.

4099760954_376b377c5c_o.jpg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Xbox 360. $39.
Y'know what? I never finished Call of Duty 4's single-player campaign. I should probably get on that before starting this bad boy up.

rexor0717

Yes Boss! said:
I'm in week two of a thirteen-week run challenge along my brother. The goal is to be able to run a 10K at the end so I've gotten some shoes to help me along. First time I've ever bought a pair of running shoes in my thirty-five years but I chose something super bright and colorful.

P1020916.jpg
What are those called? I want some of those...

Top Bottom