• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

rykomatsu

Finally got my camera back from repair as well as some stuff from when I was banned :p

Moved to a new place so got a pair of Polk RTi8 loudspeakers

rti8_01.jpg

A few games including some from the B2G1 Free from bestbuy a few weeks ago (sold off my copy of borderlands)

games_06-11.jpg

And a bunch of manga/anime. For those looking to check out something new, World Embryo, imho, is really fucking good..highly recommend if it's been translated to english. Also, Bakemonogatari is one of the best series to be aired in the last few years, again imho.

media_06-11.jpg

Manp

tHa_vIlLaMaN said:
EDIT: It seems the retail cases don't have the black interior- did you spray your, yourself?

there's a version of it called "pure black edition" that does have the interior painted in black from factory and it's windowed.

you can paint the interior if you are brave enough (i did with another cm690 and the result was not as good as the pure black but not that shitty either :lol the one in the pics it's actually the pure black edition) but the pure black version is like 10€/$ more so it's not really worth it i guess.

:)

masterkajo

Efrendal said:
NovemberPickups1.jpg

A "few" games i've picked up over the last few weeks. Next week = God of War Collection and Assassin's Creed 2.
This isn't by chance the UK edition of Dragon Age? Mine still hasn't arrived and I would really like to know how the age restricition and PC-DVD logos are handled. (What else should someone do if his pre-order arrives 5 days late???)

Efrendal

masterkajo said:
This isn't by chance the UK edition of Dragon Age? Mine still hasn't arrived and I would really like to know how the age restricition and PC-DVD logos are handled. (What else should someone do if his pre-order arrives 5 days late???)

I bought DA from a local shop here in Finland but the covers on the UK-versions of games are usually identical to the copies sold here, logos included.

Bull

IMG_2035.jpg

Finally upgraded to Rock Band 2. Having the World Tour mode for single player adds a lot to the game. Love it.

I used the points card for the Queen Rock Band Pack, Mass Effect: Bring Down The Sky and ...

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

So much fun so far. I'm looking forward to spending some time in Liberty City again.

I also picked up TF2 for $2.49 on Steam. Loved the 360 version so looking forward to trying it on the PC soon.

Shiv47

Gotta take some more pics, but here's the first of two recent acquisitions:

Monster Hunter art books:
IMG_0006.jpg

All Riders vs Dai Shocker poster set:
IMG_0004.jpg

DSC08374.jpg

Firefly Bluray, Ride BMX UK, Modified Mag (local drift car on the cover:D )

DSC08373.jpg

Hyper Rev Evo Mook, Drift Tengoku *NOV*

DSC08378.jpg

Monsters Inc, UP!

DSC08376.jpg

PES 2010 and MW2

.hacked

wrh0gg.jpg

Devil May Cry
Burst Angel
WitchBlade
Monsters INC
Up
North by Northwest
Heat
Forest Gump
Night of the Creeps
Near Dark
Say Anything (1st time I ever saw this, pretty good).

Fularu

Banned
ResidentDante said:
Nice! Pickup of the month?! :D

I'll be posting pictures later tonight of a near mint condition Amiga 1000 + Amiga 2000 HD I picked up in montreal last week end ;) I'm at work right now :(

Rolf NB

It's the PSPocalypse!

Blood Omen and Silent Hill
29co0ox.jpg
fwsk7p.jpg

Castlevania Chronicles and Symphony Of The Night
2cy4emu.jpg
9k43k6.jpg

R-Types and R-Type Delta
ivczk6.jpg
16azl0y.jpg

And, uh ... I have no idea how this could have happened, but Tomb Raider Anniversary (PSN version, hence no UMD to shoot)
ve0olt.jpg

Shiv47

AgentOtaku said:
Whoa! ...where did you get the books?

Both are available at Amazon Japan. The ISBNs are:

CG Artworks: 4862332137
MH Illustrations: 4862331793

They're both pretty much all art, so you get your money's worth.

Today's haul:

4093621346_6ac18bbffa_b.jpg

Scored UP and Monsters Inc. for $11.xx + tax (TOTAL)!:D Gotta love price matching and coupons. (The UP steelbook was from BB pre-order that I'll now be canceling!)

Donos

^^^^^^

nice pickups and setup. Wall-e and Monsters Inc. are still better than "Up" for me (was a little bit dissapointed but it's still really good)

Yes Boss!

Rani love for the week. YRF seems to have switched their DVD line over to custom-labled red cases in order to match the upcoming ten blu-ray discs.

P1020902.jpg

LiK

Yes Boss! said:
Rani love for the week. YRF seems to have switched their DVD line over to custom-labled red cases in order to match the upcoming ten blu-ray discs.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1020902.jpg[/QUOTE]

i thought that was a HD-DVD :lol

Yes Boss!

LiK said:
i thought that was a HD-DVD :lol

It is actually quite nice. It is special-made with the same size as the PS3 cases and a nice YRF logo where the format logo would have been. The studio is rolling out ten titles in blu-ray titles next month so having the DVD the same shape is quite nice.

P1020903.jpg

Balboa

Anybody know the official reason behind US Blu-rays having the slim cases and EU Blu-rays having chunky cases like PS3 games?

jey_16

Banned
they removed the spiderman font from the top of the plastic case.....they must have been made for the new box art design

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm interviewing a couple of tenants. If things go right, create a lease, sign here, sign there, security deposit, blah, blah, blah, and my empire continues to grow.

JiliK

A VGA cable for the 360 I haven't gotten around to buying yet and a pair of cheap games (€11 for Eternal Sonata, €6.50 for MAT3).

DSCF0887s.jpg

A new pair of shoes (or at least one of them).

DSCF0805s.jpg

Some CDs.

DSCF0881s.jpg

And some game downloads.

lostwindswotm.png

bone-1.png

tgp.png

PICT0063.jpg

Picked up Rockband 2 (just the game) on the cheap, some old school re-issue decks and some merch from the BA Johnston show last friday.

womfalcs3

Banned
Yes Boss! said:
It is actually quite nice. It is special-made with the same size as the PS3 cases and a nice YRF logo where the format logo would have been. The studio is rolling out ten titles in blu-ray titles next month so having the DVD the same shape is quite nice.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1020903.jpg[/QUOTE]

What's her name? She's incredibly gorgeous.

Top Bottom