• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

nny

I've been meaning to get one the "band games" because of the drumming, and I finally saw Rockband for sale in my neck of the woods, so I got it:

DSC04845.jpg

After years of playing with the GH guitar, I'm having some trouble adapting to the RB guitar, I miss the little gap between keys to "locate" myself in the middle of a song. But drumming is as fun as I hoped it to be. Fun and hard; it'll take some more practice for my legs and arms to work independently.

DSC04849.jpg

<3

DSC04855.jpg

DSC04852.jpg

DSC04850.jpg

lowrider007 said:
I wanted an iPod nano really but I'm pretty skint atm so I settled for for one of these on special for £49.99, not a bad price really for a 16gb mp3 player with 40 hours battery life really, just waiting for it to charge now to test the audio quality, the ear-buds look pretty cool and their a nice snug fit.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2v7uzi0.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2ut53y8.jpg

I have this mp3 player, and like it a lot.

luffeN

lowrider007 said:
I wanted an iPod nano really but I'm pretty skint atm so I settled for one of these on special for £49.99, not a bad price really for a 16gb mp3 player with 40 hours battery life, just waiting for it to charge now to test the audio quality, the ear-buds look pretty cool and they are a nice snug fit.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2v7uzi0.jpg[./IMG]

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/2ut53y8.jpg[./IMG][/QUOTE]

impressions please!

MidnightRider said:
Finally got a 1080p TV

P1010624.jpg

Figured this might be worth playing.... Metal case is hot.

P1010626.jpg

Downloaded this to the harddrive....

P1010627.jpg

And some recent XBOX Live Arcade purchases.

P1010628.jpg

PLUS THIS FOR MY FINAL PICK UPS FOR THE MONTH.

Love these things already. I bought the cheap ones to see if I would like playing with headphones. Turns out I love it..... going to upgrade to some better ones whenever these break down.

P1010629.jpg

Also got some knowledge from RZA..... and some MW2 fun.

P1010657.jpg

Heard it was worth playing so I downloaded it.

P1010659.jpg

And finally the game everyone on here loves so much........ so i figured I would give it a shot.

P1010660.jpg

kid ness

Bii said:
Awww... :)

My recent pick-ups. Pictures have a slight blue tint. Forgot to turn off my aquarium lights and now I'm too lazy to retake the pictures.
I really like the blue tint with the images of the Blu-Rays, almost looks like a magazine advertisement or something.

Auron_Kale said:
Pick-ups for the week:
Hey bud, kind of an odd request but do you have a link to those bedsheets, or know where I can buy them? I really like them.
Oh, and btw I recognize your name from the shirt.woot forums :lol

Yes Boss!

Amazon delivered the Game of the Year a day early. Gonna be playing this one all night long.

P1020933.jpg

Photo for the anal-retentive types. Glorious red.

P1020935.jpg

Ratba

Unconfirmed Member
lowrider007 said:
I wanted an iPod nano really but I'm pretty skint atm so I settled for one of these on special for £49.99, not a bad price really for a 16gb mp3 player with 40 hours battery life, just waiting for it to charge now to test the audio quality, the ear-buds look pretty cool and they are a nice snug fit.

2v7uzi0.jpg

2ut53y8.jpg

The walkman is awesome. I loved mine and the headphones blow the stock apple ones out of the water.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Ratba said:
The walkman is awesome. I loved mine and the headphones blow the stock apple ones out of the water.

I have a different model walkman but the earphones look to be the same and i gotta say, for stock earphones they are phenomenal.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
banKai said:
impressions please!

Love it !!!, wanted to give it a good few hours testing before giving an opinion, the stock ear-buds are very nice, certainly better than my old iPod buds and also a much better fit, they come with a set of three ear gels of different sizes so you can find that snug fit for your ears without them feeling fatiguing.

I've also tested the Walkman with my Sennheiser PX100 Headphones and it powers them fine and sounds lovely, coming from a 3rd gen iPod which I've been using since launch day !! I'd definitely say that the Walkman's SQ is better, sound stage feels wider, the bass sounds tighter also which is always welcome, I would say though that it does sound a little warmer than my iPod but still clean so it should pair well with brighter more revealing can's like the Grado SR60/80/125 etc

Coming from an iPod there are a couple of things that I miss, one being the click wheel, personally I find it one of the most intuitive interfaces I've used so going back the clicky buttons for navigation and volume rockers will take a little time to get used too, and the other thing that'll I'll miss greatly is the iTunes auto syncing feature, I listen to a lot of Podcasts so that was a feature that came is very handy, all was not lost though as there was a handy piece of software supplied on the disk that came with the Walkman called 'Content transfer' that once installed allows you to just drag and drop your music and Podcasts from iTunes straight onto your Walkman very easily which was quite handy so I shall continue using iTunes to manage my music and Podcasts.

Overall I'm very happy with the product, purely as a Music player it's fantastic, true drag and drop is also a bonus in case your not a fan of proprietary software, as a Podcast player I'd say it's very 'functional', and as video player, well it's ok, the screen although quite clean and crisp is also quite small so I doubt you'd be watching any movies on this, but if you live in the UK it does support iPlayer videos so it could come in handy if feel like watching Eastenders while your on the crapper :p

Mr. Sam

Unlike most others in this thread, I'm sticking with ol' blacky. Pimped her out with some RealTriggers too:

2qu0l0z.jpg

Saw this for £12 in HMV and couldn't resist:

314pftd.jpg

And a copy of The Stone Roses I got from Head for £2.50, packaged by CARBON NEUTRAL ENTERTAINMENT:

jh7xjm.jpg

-PXG-

I got the shirt when I bought the game at the launch event yesterday. I'm not sure if you can get it anywhere else.

DMeisterJ

Banned
LRB1983 said:
Completing this:

And this:

Dual Shock 3 Deep Red:
http://imgur.com/g7Gtb.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://imgur.com/cLEDc.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sony sure as hell didn't lie about this being deep red.

Shit.

Singho

image-B5A0_4B007B16.jpg

Special Edition Parade

Modern Warfare 2: Steel Book, Artbook, COD Classic. Rating: Shit. Glad I paid £35 in total.
Tekken 6: Huge poster...shame it's of a character I hate. :( Cool art book, Move lists cards and a hoodie. Rating: Great. Also...unnecessarly HUUUUAGE outer box. Caved. :D
Halo ODST: Nice for the price. Analog sticks on old pads was going, plus it has an oddly shaped outerbox! CAVED. :D
Batman Arkham Asylum: Once again, oddly shaped box...caved. :D Has a cool Batarang, character bio art book and a making of DVD. The DVD is quite lack lustre, you can find the same things on Gametrailers.com. Also the game comes in an actual sleeve instead of a proper box. It's proper turd! Really flimsy. :/ Rating...tis alright.

Love all the actual games though. :) Apart from Resi 5 which I'm finding a bit boring at the moment. Now all I need is time to finish them all.

Don't think I will be buying anything else this year, I am done. Was tempted by Forza 3 but sod it now. The only thing I would probably cave and buy if I had a choice would be the UK version of Bayonnetta and Super SFIV.

Oh and NSMB Wii now that I've wandered into this thread... >_<;;;

nny

DSC04856.jpg

Japanese GC game cases are so cute.

DSC04860.jpg

ICO guide...

DSC04862.jpg

...I'm trying to learn VB, so I got a beginner's book...

DSC04863.jpg

...and last but not the least, I got another DC. <3

JEKKI

B!TCH said:
LOL! What's the name of the iPhone app that lets you add all that flair to your pics again?
whatup!

I got two apps:

sticki pici

puri 2.1

u can find more jus buy searching 'purikura' but supposedly these 2 are the best ones.

Proc

I'm part of the problem...

I gave the ps3 version an honest try but I can't wrap my skill around the game pad :(

Loving it on pc thus far aside from the stripped out features, plays great otherwise.

4hp0yh.jpg

Bought it retail to avoid waiting the 11.5 gigs.

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
You'll have more fun than anyone else this year on the gaming end. I wish TP was new to me. :/

Nov 25 is my last day of work. I start my new job January 5th. I have some time on my hands for friends, family and video games. Problem is, my backlog is like 8 games long :lol :lol

Proc

figured I'd buy it inevitably so why not get in on the deal (its an even better deal for Canadians, who will pay $59 at retail)

o9h76d.jpg

Smash88

Banned
Proc said:
figured I'd buy it inevitably so why not get in on the deal (its an even better deal for Canadians, who will pay $59 at retail)

o9h76d.jpg

Sucks that I have to spend so much money retail. But that is the price for getting a physical copy you own. Plus everytime I install L4D1, I cut on my monthly usage by over 4GB - So I can't really complain.

Chorazin

Singho said:
Halo ODST: Nice for the price. Analog sticks on old pads was going, plus it has an oddly shaped outerbox! CAVED. :D
;

Damn, in retrospect I wish I would have gotten the ODST SE, I really want that controller. Trade ya for a new white one I never used? :p

pyros

Dragoon_lantz said:
is that a wooden box for dragon age? whats in that special edition and which country was it for?

It's the Asian version, standard CE stuff I think;

Stone Prisoner quest, Shale, Blood Armour, cloth map, BD with making of feature, montage, soundtrack and strategy video

LiK

pyros said:
It's the Asian version, standard CE stuff I think;

Stone Prisoner quest, Shale, Blood Armour, cloth map, BD with making of feature, montage, soundtrack and strategy video

ah, exactly the same content except for the box. i prefer the steelcase, personally.

Top Bottom