• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

I HAVE THE BEST FRIEND EVER°!!!

THANKS PedroRVD (he is also a Gaffer)

DSC08468.jpg

Today was Mario Day! I don't typically buy figurines, but Mario and Hi I'm Daisy were impulse buys. They'll fit nicely on the Wii. The Club Nintendo hat finally arrived the other day, just in time for the celebration.

nov-mario.jpg

The first half of The Britney Spears Singles Collection is here. The limited 29-disc fan edition will be released in a little over a week, and that'll be the real prize! Speaking of next week, Shakira's new album is set for the same day - so her Rolling Stone is worth a look.

nov-music1.jpg

odhiex

Wait what...!? i didn't know Infamous became Platinum tittle before :lol

20624b00c0f443588.jpg

Could not resist for Wipeout HD Fury either ... double fun:D

*sorry for my bad phone camera shot :(

ZZMitch

Toy Soldier said:
Today was Mario Day! I don't typically buy figurines, but Mario and Hi I'm Daisy were impulse buys. They'll fit nicely on the Wii. The Club Nintendo hat finally arrived the other day, just in time for the celebration.

How does one get one of these Mario hats? I am a member of Club Nintendo... how many coins are needed?

ZZMitch

comedy bomb said:
It was an end of year gift.

Aww, that's too bad... Anyone want to trade for a Scribblenauts hat? :D

edit- ive been a member of club Nintendo for over a year... is there anyway I can still get it or did I have to do something in order to get the hat?

Ecto311

330flmu.jpg

Got HOTD from newegg, MW2 came from amazon and the baby from my wife. My daughter Isabella (Izzy) was born Wednesday morning at 1am after 23 hours of labor so I completely missed MW2.

It was worth it.

Nakazato

Ecto311 said:
330flmu.jpg

Got HOTD from newegg, MW2 came from amazon and the baby from my wife. My daughter Isabella (Izzy) was born Wednesday morning at 1am after 23 hours of labor so I completely missed MW2.

It was worth it.
congrats :D

Hey, way to go Ecto!

ZZMitch said:
Aww, that's too bad... Anyone want to trade for a Scribblenauts hat? :D

edit- ive been a member of club Nintendo for over a year... is there anyway I can still get it or did I have to do something in order to get the hat?

I remember visiting my Club Nintendo page where I had the option to choose either the hat or some Punch-Out WiiWare game. So I think we had to specifically request it, at some point or another. I don't remember exactly when I was prompted to choose, though. I think early in the Summer.

ZZMitch

Toy Soldier said:
Hey, way to go Ecto!

I remember visiting my Club Nintendo page where I had the option to choose either the hat or some Punch-Out WiiWare game. So I think we had to specifically request it, at some point or another. I don't remember exactly when I was prompted to choose, though. I think early in the Summer.

Ah, well I don't see it. Thanks for the info tho :D

Infinity

Ecto311 said:

It was worth it.

Ecto, she's beautiful. Congratulations!

Ecto311 said:
330flmu.jpg

It was worth it.
LOL, can't believe you put the games on your kid. :lol :lol :lol

Congrats regardless. =)

Spike

donkey show said:
LOL, can't believe you put the games on your kid. :lol :lol :lol

Congrats regardless. =)

I can't believe the wife let him put games on the kid. :lol

Congrats! That is the ultimate haul!:D

kairu

new-stuff.jpg

Picked up an iPhone dock, a 27" i7 iMac with 8GB of ram *_*, and a new lamp (bestbuy has these "Green Light" lamps that come with a compact florescent bulb for $3.99! neat!)

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Ecto311 said:
330flmu.jpg

It was worth it.

Way to go man! Being a parent is great. The first year is a bit on the rough side if the baby likes crying, and not sleeping, but it's still great. It gets better and better though, and is pretty amazing. Congrats!

When I had my first kid GTA Vice City had just come out, and I played the hell out of that after the kid went to bed. There's lots of good gaming time ahead of you, as long as you're able to get some sleep. :D

I noticed that some people obtained a coupon for the combo set of the movie Up, and I was wondering where I could find one. I heard you could get one from Disney's website, or something?

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
Ecto311 said:
330flmu.jpg

It was worth it.

GRATS!!!!!

glaurung

Chorazin said:
Today I am partying like it is 09/25/07!

On Monday, I really had an urge to play through Halo 3 on Legendary with friends, since I never got around to doing it when I first had the game (sold is a long while back). I went on eBay to see if I could score a copy cheap, and I happened to find the Legendary Edition with no bids, ending soon, for a really good price. So, I put one bid on it and scored it!

It came in today, and while it was missing the outer black box part, and the box had a few holes in it, the game and essentials discs were both mint and sealed, and then Spartan helmet was mint as well!

***LOOT***

Also picked up two CDs at Heathenfest '09 in Springfield VA! I uh...had Eluveitie's Slania before, but I hadn't bought a copy yet. Irij is the Folk side project of Eluveitie's violinist.

***AUDIO LOOT***
Dude, Eluveitie's Slania is a great pickup.

The cat helmet is total fail of course. I wouldn't get one even when someone paid me to take it.

Alpha_eX

Toy Soldier said:

nov-mario.jpg

Those controllers look AWFUL the 1 and 2 buttons are positioned wrong, they should be diagonal with the first button higher than the second so you can rest your thumb tip on the run button and use the rest of your thumb to jump. Really sucks you can't use the classic controller because of waggle jump hat :(

Regardless, the Dpads look a lot better, nice haul.

Gyrian

My november grabs so far:

11grab01.jpg

The Third Man updated Bluray case from Criterion.

11grab02.jpg

Kagemusha, Bottle Rocket, The 400 Blows, and In the Realm of the Senses Blurays from the BN sale.

11grab03.jpg

Monster's Inc. and Up (thanks for the Amazon heads up, GAF!)

11grab04.jpg

Tekken 6, Bayonetta, and a Seatbelts compilation. :)

Alpha_eX said:
Those controllers look AWFUL the 1 and 2 buttons are positioned wrong, they should be diagonal with the first button higher than the second so you can rest your thumb tip on the run button and use the rest of your thumb to jump. Really sucks you can't use the classic controller because of waggle jump hat :(

Regardless, the Dpads look a lot better, nice haul.

The button positioning is like the Game Boy positioning - perhaps I'm just used to it, having played a lot of the various GB systems over the years, because dash->>jump doesn't give me an issue at all. You do it slightly differently, the main pad of your thumb rests on 2 while the side of your thumb slightly tilts over to punch 1 for jumping. The buttons being so huge makes it even easier.

Though I'll say this, the more I've used those shells, the more I've been iffy about whether I'll stick to them. (Great time to decide that, after buying four.) It mostly works fine, and the d-pad rocks, but the the Wiimote alone just feels so good overall for this game, being that you need to have full control over the remote to tilt and shake often. It works in the shell obviously, but out of the shell just feels like you're in more control, it's not as huge in your hands.

Even if I don't stick to them myself, I'm glad to have 'em around for folks who prefer it. One of my buddies already swears by them after playing mine.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
This silly thing called Movie Wedge.
I don't think I'd ever use it for what they said it's for, but it makes a cute dock.
Only problem is the power cord kinda gets in the way. :[
Still trying to figure out a solution to that.

Also, Space Invaders Extreme 2 is insane!
It's like 10x as crazy as the first one.

Ecto311

Thanks for all the kind words about my new daughter. Me and my wife thank you all. It is the scariest and most rewarding thing I have ever been apart of. It is definitely not like it is in movies and me being an idiot was expecting something similar. They had me holding my wife's leg while she was pushing and goddamn.

I started to turn white according to the nurses and had to sit down. Then after it was all said and done we almost lost my wife to complications. We lived at the hospital for roughly a week because of all that was going on. My wife is cool and also a gamer so the games with the baby are no problem.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Neuromancer said:
100_0080.jpg

Love it. I almost got a Droid but some bad customer service from Verizon led me to cancel and go to ATT.

YAY and you are using the awesome neogaf browser app.

Darkener2

avncxt.jpg

150 bucks to two cases... and I just had to wait over six weeks to get them... Also I bought the n wireless adapter for the 360 as well (I didn't take a picture since I knew I wasted 100 bucks on just buying the damn thing. :lol )

I ordered Starfox (boxed!) and Yoshi's Island for SNES off of amazon last week. Yoshi's Island is yet to show up, but Starfox has arrived, and it's in great condition! The box is pristine and inside is like opening up a time capsule from Nintendo in the 90s. Here's some pics of the goodies I was unknowingly receiving along with my game.

sf1.jpg

sf2.jpg

lol slippy

sf3.jpg

sf4.jpg

sf5.jpg

sf6.jpg

sf7.jpg

sf8.jpg

Epic. A poster for A Link To The Past!

sf9.jpg

Yellow SNES :(

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
Random stuff from this weekend. :D

2009novpickups20.jpg

So, I've not heard much about this game but it seems to come out tomorrow. Is there a full one-player game in this like in the PS3 release? Seems kinda strange to release it the week of NSMB Wii.

Top Bottom